Thread: Costco and T-Mobile SIM cards

Feedback Score

Costco and T-Mobile SIM cards

I was at Costco this afternoon and was passing the cell phone kiosk and thought that I remembered someone mentioning that they asked for a T-Mobile SIM card.
    I asked the people who worked there if I could get a T-Mobile SIM card and they said sure.
    While the guy had the box of SIM cards out I asked him if I could have 3 and he said sure and just handed them to me.
    The woman said that they were supposed to charge for the cards but she didn't care.
    My brother was there too and I told him to ask for some SIM cards too and they gave him 3 SIM cards as well.

These are the triple punch cards with all of the sizes.

Not bad.
    I was thinking of buying one from eBay but didn't really want to spend $3.50 for one.

They have an expiration date of 12/30/2019.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4
    Last edited by SnowyWhite; 12-25-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Feedback Score
    Go into a T-Mobile store and port in they charge $25.00 for a Sim

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Go into a T-Mobile store and port in they charge $25.00 for a Sim

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Yeah and on the T-Mobile website they want $10 for them.
    At least on the prepaid website.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    Would it be possible to get a triple punch card from Costco for free and convert my old legacy Gold Rewards PAYGO account on a micro SIM to a nano SIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmodlou View Post
    Would it be possible to get a triple punch card from Costco for free and convert my old legacy Gold Rewards PAYGO account on a micro SIM to a nano SIM?
    If the person working at the cell phone kiosk is willing to give you one, sure.
    I've had T-Mobile switch my account over to a new SIM card before.
    Just call in and have all of your account information ready and it shouldn't take long for the switch to happen.

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >Go into a T-Mobile store and port in they charge $25.00 for a Sim

My local T-Mobile store offered me a SIM and activate for free if I bought $50 in airtime (or a $50 plan.)
    (Thousand Oaks, CA , 12-2017.)

Regards, FJ

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I want to do this as well. Next time I'm in Costco I'll give it a go. Thanks SnowyWhite.

Feedback Score
    Try on a weekend.
    I was able to get the SIM cards free when the supervisor was not there.

We tried again on a Tuesday and the same people were there but they said they couldn't give us a free SIM card because the supervisor was there and said they couldn't give it to us free.

Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    I want to do this as well. Next time I'm in Costco I'll give it a go. Thanks SnowyWhite.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Try on a weekend.
    I was able to get the SIM cards free when the supervisor was not there.

We tried again on a Tuesday and the same people were there but they said they couldn't give us a free SIM card because the supervisor was there and said they couldn't give it to us free.

Thanks. I wonder how much they want? Can't be worse than T-Mobile themselves @$25. I know a few years ago the T-Mobile store near my house wouldn't give me a free SIM even when I signed up for a $50/month plan. It was only for one month for a trip overseas but of course I didn't tell them that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Thanks. I wonder how much they want? Can't be worse than T-Mobile themselves @$25. I know a few years ago the T-Mobile store near my house wouldn't give me a free SIM even when I signed up for a $50/month plan. It was only for one month for a trip overseas but of course I didn't tell them that.
    I happened to be at Costco last week on Wednesday at noon and remembered this thread. The guy at the mobile kiosk wouldn't give me one even if I paid for it. The only way I'd get one from him is if I bought a phone.

Feedback Score
    I happened to be at Costco last week on Wednesday at noon and remembered this thread. The guy at the mobile kiosk wouldn't give me one even if I paid for it. The only way I'd get one from him is if I bought a phone.
    It was Christmas Eve and a Sunday when they gave them to me.
    The woman working there said that they were supposed to charge for the SIM cards but she said that she just didn't care.

We were back on the following Tuesday and no luck because she said that the supervisor said no free SIM cards.

I remembered reading a thread on HoFo quite a while back mentioning just asking for a SIM card and whoever posted it said that they had gotten it free.

It was always a Your Millage May Vary deal.

Maybe if you are around a Costco on the weekend you might have better luck.

If you're there anyway it's worth asking.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Tried it at my Costco on Thursday night and the salesman told me to go to a T-Mobile store.

Sent from my C6730 using HoFo mobile app