Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jetpack hotspot unlimited question

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    $60 Unlimited 4G data plan with no voice minutes. This is a very rare plan
    Is it AT&T or Verizon plan? Can you please mention the description of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hey Rolltide, let me know if you ever want to let it go. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I don't know what plan Rolltide has, but I also have an old Verizon pre-2012 unlimited plan that has unlimited data, messages, and no minutes.
    It is just over $60, after taxes and an employee discount.

I would agree that 100 GB isn't unusual for home internet. I am a little concerned Verizon may send me a letter one day, I've used over 100 GB and they haven't said anything.Name:  vzwplan.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  79.5 KBName:  vzwplan2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  25.4 KBName:  VZWPLAN3.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  14.1 KB
    Last edited by diesteldorf; 12-31-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    I don't know what plan Rolltide has, but I also have an old Verizon pre-2012 unlimited plan that has unlimited data, messages, and no minutes.
    It is just over $60, after taxes and an employee discount.

I would agree that 100 GB isn't unusual for home internet. I am a little concerned Verizon may send me a letter one day, I've used over 100 GB and they haven't said anything.Name:  vzwplan.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  79.5 KBName:  vzwplan2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  25.4 KBName:  VZWPLAN3.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  14.1 KB
    Been looking for this kind of plan for a long time. Is this still available? Do you know the plan number is?? Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I ended up getting an ATT hotspot and changing to the unlimited plan. I found a sweet spot and was getting 15+mbps speeds at first. We pushed our usage so we could see what would happen after we hit the 22gb before the 14 day return period was over. Unfortunately, we have been throttled to approximately 0.3mbps down, even though we live in a very rural area. I guess we’re back to waiting on Fixed Wireless or the new Viasat 2 plans.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Jetpack hotspot unlimited question

What are you streaming and on what type of device? I still have 2 lines on T-Mobile’s Simple Choice Mobile Internet plan. The plan isn’t unlimited LTE, but with BingeOn I can get at least 50 GB on LTE. I haven’t tried to see what happens after 50 GB of LTE yet. The one drawback is you have to stream in SD instead of 720p or 1080p.

Apple TV 3 in 480p mode:
    ITunes movies/shows - Data counts
    Prime Video (Amazon)* - BingeOn works
    Netflix - BingeOn works
    Hulu - BingeOn works

* With a Movies Anywhere account linked to your Amazon Prime, iTunes & Google Play accounts, most of your movies will play in the Video Prime app.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offer/binge...ideo-list.html

My two lines are 5 GBs of LTE for $17 each. After employee discount and no tax. It was $8.50 when I had voice lines.

Feedback Score
    That's weird i use 300gb a month, and very rural - however alot of people in my area also use verizon thus further cutting down competition for the tower -- Did you try resetting the equiptment and make sure it didn't change bands? Also remember deprioritization isn't for the whole month just while the tower is congested. if you live in a rural area maybe there was an event causing this? Just some thoughts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    @cocky01 I've got a AT&T unite explore i'm trying out what antennas would you recommend for an area with no visible cell towers?
    LTE signal stable but weak.
    Sorry i haven't tryed any antennas but a cheap one from amazon - i have heard good things about the net gear mimo i'm assuming is the one rolltide is talking about but have no personal experience. It will be the next one i try myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2