Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most data used in a month?

Feedback Score

Most data used in a month?

Really just curious about unlimited and unlimted2 plans.
    I switched to the unlimited2.
    One of my lines is over 45GB. Primary is over 12GB. My kid is out of school, so her data isn't astronomical. I don't tether, but I have stopped using my home WiFi on my 2 lines.
    Theoretically you could break the 1TB mark on a single line in 31 days.

My plan starts on the 19th. I wish they'd just up their limits to 5/10Mbps or allow you to get the 8Mbps on select lines for the $5 more.

Feedback Score
    I have the regular unlimited plan, and most I've used in a month is 12gb.

I don't want to abuse it and have more restrictions...no need for me to abuse it. I only use it when I need it.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I have the regular unlimited plan, and most I've used in a month is 12gb.

I don't want to abuse it and have more restrictions...no need for me to abuse it. I only use it when I need it.
    I was going to write something just like what you did, as I switched a couple of days ago, and was very pleasantly surprised as to how well it appears to work. As you said using data for data's sake, will eventually cause a needless issue.
    Last edited by plane; 12-29-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Feedback Score
    A few times I've gone over 150gb in a month. while roaming and also while in the USA.

Don't normally do that but they've never said anything.

I use tether all the time and never heard a peep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I was going to write something just like what you did, as I switched a couple of days ago, and ask very pleasantly surprised as to how well it appears to work. As you said using data for data's sake, will eventually cause a needless issue.
    Mine is more out of curiosity. I'd eventually like to cancel my home internet. We have Cox and I'm not super happy with it. We use around 500-800GB a month between the 3 of us with no TV channels do all internet based. If in the future I could eliminate that bill I'd be stoked. Especially since I'm looking to buy acreage next year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Mine is more out of curiosity. I'd eventually like to cancel my home internet. We have Cox and I'm not super happy with it. We use around 500-800GB a month between the 3 of us with no TV channels do all internet based. If in the future I could eliminate that bill I'd be stoked. Especially since I'm looking to buy acreage next year.
    That's clearly not the intent of the unlimited plan, to replace a home ISP. If more people did do that, expect Cricket to severely restrict the data plans or kill it altogether.

We would all like to save money, but I don't think this is the way to go about it, it will come back and bite us.

If you want to replace your home ISP, consider going with a post-paid plan that may allow for more flexibility and understanding from the carrier, especially with net neutrality being slaughtered by the FCC and the current administration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    That's clearly not the intent of the unlimited plan, to replace a home ISP. If more people did do that, expect Cricket to severely restrict the data plans or kill it altogether.

We would all like to save money, but I don't think this is the way to go about it, it will come back and bite us.

If you want to replace your home ISP, consider going with a post-paid plan that may allow for more flexibility and understanding from the carrier, especially with net neutrality being slaughtered by the FCC and the current administration.
    I'm going to do whatever works best for my needs. Cricket is a private business, I'm sure they'll be doing what's best for them.

Tired of hearing about net neutrality. The internet has been unregulated all our lives without issue sheep!

Feedback Score

Tired of hearing about net neutrality. The internet has been unregulated all our lives without issue sheep!
    Unregulated without issues huh. Must not have been old enough to pay for internet since it's been around. Not to mention I used to have a choice about what ISP I would use.

All the tax breaks given, infrastructure paid for by our tax dollars, oh and now the "news" content being delivered to you via their services is owned by them.... Yes sheep indeed...SMH

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    Unregulated without issues huh. Must not have been old enough to pay for internet since it's been around. Not to mention I used to have a choice about what ISP I would use.

All the tax breaks given, infrastructure paid for by our tax dollars, oh and now the "news" content being delivered to you via their services is owned by them.... Yes sheep indeed...SMH
    Take that back to 96. While I had internet, I was unfortunately not versed/old enough to vote against Clinton. This isn't the place for that discussion though and I certainly didn't introduce it to the thread.

Don't get it twisted. You still have a number of choices, You just don't like what they are offering. I'd bet more than you've ever had in fact.

Feedback Score
    On topic. I appear to be averaging around 1.1GB per hour tethered. S8+ with Note 12.2 downloading a 10GB file. Not quite 3Mbps, but my phone is still getting alerts and whatever else it needs, so pretty dang close. I am about 6GB away from the 22GB cap and haven't gotten the high data warning message yet. I think I got it at around 18GB last month.

Feedback Score
    Take that back to 96. While I had internet, I was unfortunately not versed/old enough to vote against Clinton. This isn't the place for that discussion though and I certainly didn't introduce it to the thread.

Don't get it twisted. You still have a number of choices, You just don't like what they are offering. I'd bet more than you've ever had in fact.
    Agree on not being the place.

Completely wrong on that last statement there.

Feedback Score
    It took right at 9.5 hours to download a 10GB file tethered, I also had regular phone data usage. I think my RSSI is like -110dBm. I have yet to receive any notifications about tethering. I did get one at 16.5GB saying I was getting close to potential throttle. I am just under 25GB, so I have yet to be throttled. Tablet line is at almost 100GB without any slowdowns.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else remember the discussions of maybe two-three years ago, about the how only a minor percentage of the data users of that era were really high volume data users which led to account cancellations, arguments over what unlimited really meant etc. Seems like Deja Vu all over again. Wouldn't you love to be in charge of a cellular company marketing or whatever lays out these plans/rates etc, trying to put together plans making the most customers happy while still making a profit, and have to allow for customers purposely,essentially leaving the water tap on endlessly because there's no direct charge for such, without any regard for others who's water pressure, etc might be adversely effected, and then brag about it.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Wouldn't you love to be in charge of a cellular company marketing........
    No. Not really.

Feedback Score
    Anyone else remember the discussions of maybe two-three years ago, about the how only a minor percentage of the data users of that era were really high volume data users which led to account cancellations, arguments over what unlimited really meant etc. Seems like Deja Vu all over again. Wouldn't you love to be in charge of a cellular company marketing or whatever lays out these plans/rates etc, trying to put together plans making the most customers happy while still making a profit, and have to allow for customers purposely,essentially leaving the water tap on endlessly because there's no direct charge for such, without any regard for others who's water pressure, etc might be adversely effected, and then brag about it.
    Nope...and if 3Mbps causes a problem I'd be embarrassed to tell people I was in charge of that system at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast