Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

are you opposed to a 2yr release schedule?

i am wondering if Apple will release the successor to the X exactly 12 months from the original or if they will stick with September and do a 10 month turn around?

i know that the X came out in November because of supply restrictions not by choice. i am assuming apple has the component situation under control now.

how would you feel if there wasn't a new iPhone until 2019?

i think the X is sufficient to last 2yrs in the mobile technology world. Apple tends to be the lone hold out on technologies anyway. I feel like we aren't even going get true 5G LTE until 2019 anyway.

from my unprofessional business stand point i feel like it could be an advantage. in 2yrs, it allows more people to get into the echo system before a new device is released with sales and promotions, it gives apple more time to make sure software bugs and component issues are worked out, more people will have their devices paid off ready to purchase another etc etc

and honestly, neither Google or Samsung is competition for Apple for true apple fans

what do you think?

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    One year is enough time. We will see the same form factor with improvements on the X.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Phone
    Apple iPhone 6 , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think anything is going to alter the new-every-year schedule.

- Customers have come to expect it. Market analysts have come to expect it. Taking an extra year to release the iPhone "XI" would hammer Apple's stock price and leave lots of people wondering (rightly or wrongly) if Apple had lost its innovative mojo.

- Two years is a long time in mobile. It's a long time to respond to a shift in the market (say, phablets) or a cool feature introduced by a competitor. It's a long time to stick with a product that's not selling but for which you have no replacement.

- I believe that Google and Samsung are competitors for Apple. No, they can't sell you a phone that runs iOS. But the companies like to one-up each other technologically. And they are competing for customer mindshare. That doesn’t happen with a product that's perceived as old or behind the competition, no matter how functional it may be for most people.

I personally would have no problem with an irregular release schedule, with phones and OS updates shipped when they're vetted enough to not require a parade of firmware/software updates shortly after release. But I've also been in the computer biz long enough to know that those days likely will never return -- there's just too much competition.

Phone
    iPhone X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I’d be perfectly fine if Apple switched to a 2 year schedule, “after” they release of the X Plus or whatever Apple plans on calling it.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If they release a SE 2, it will be more of a 2 year cycle. But for flagship phones, I don't see that.

They have many people who buy new every year, meaning there are 1 year old used ones (less expensive) available. Even fanboys won't buy a replacement X just to have a "new" one
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.