Thread: Going from PAYGO to a Monthly Plan

Device(s)
    StarTac 7868W
    Feedback Score

Going from PAYGO to a Monthly Plan

So, soon I will be switching to a monthly plan, but am a little unclear as to how it will work.

All I need to do is buy a "Plan Pin" (e.g. The $12), activate using that pin, then I am on The $12 Plan?

If I still have a remaining balance left over from PAYGO, can I just let the plan renew using that balance? Or do I need to keep adding $12 pins?

Going forward, will the plan just keep auto-renewing on the monthly anniversary date, from when I first activated?

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Chat with customer service. But it used to be that when moved from paygo to a monthly plan, you simply purchased the monthly PIN and applied it to your account online. Going from monthly to paygo required the assistance of a CSR. But this was years ago.

You'll lose your paygo balance when you change to a monthly plan so you might as well use it. As far as renewing, no, it will only auto-renew if you set it up. You'll have to manually renew each month. If you don't have an online account at PagePlus, create one. It makes renewing very easy if you purchase your PINs through CallingMart or elsewhere. You can simply copy and paste the PIN number into your account online. It will automatically be applied when your month ends, although I understand there are a few hours in the middle of the night when you'll be without service. This never happened to me, or it happened in the middle of the night when I never noticed it. But I have read about it here.

But check all this with PagePlus customer service. Chat, don't call...unless you have a lot of patience.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Chat with customer service. But it used to be that when moved from paygo to a monthly plan, you simply purchased the monthly PIN and applied it to your account online. Going from monthly to paygo required the assistance of a CSR. But this was years ago.

You'll lose your paygo balance when you change to a monthly plan so you might as well use it. As far as renewing, no, it will only auto-renew if you set it up. You'll have to manually renew each month. If you don't have an online account at PagePlus, create one. It makes renewing very easy if you purchase your PINs through CallingMart or elsewhere. You can simply copy and paste the PIN number into your account online. It will automatically be applied when your month ends, although I understand there are a few hours in the middle of the night when you'll be without service. This never happened to me, or it happened in the middle of the night when I never noticed it. But I have read about it here.

But check all this with PagePlus customer service. Chat, don't call...unless you have a lot of patience.
    I think a lot of the info you posted is wrong, unless there have been a LOT of changes to how PPC operates.

Losing the PPC cash balance when switching to a PPC monthly plan NEVER happened in the past. AND in the past, if you were on the Standard Plan (paygo) and have, for example, a $25 cash balance, to switch to the $12 plan, you could even ask the PPC CSR to add a $12 plan PIN using your cash balance, and then the next month, the $12 plan will renew automatically with $12 of the remaining cash balance.

Has all that somehow changed?
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    You're right but for some reason I recall deliberately depleting my paygo balance before I switched to a monthly plan, thinking that I would lose it. Maybe I just assumed that would happen and didn't hear it from a CSR.

Carrier(s)
    VZW(formerly Airtouch)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorge Retson View Post
    So, soon I will be switching to a monthly plan, but am a little unclear as to how it will work.

All I need to do is buy a "Plan Pin" (e.g. The $12), activate using that pin, then I am on The $12 Plan?

If I still have a remaining balance left over from PAYGO, can I just let the plan renew using that balance? Or do I need to keep adding $12 pins?

Going forward, will the plan just keep auto-renewing on the monthly anniversary date, from when I first activated?
    Here is plan switching info from the Page plus website --
    https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/switching-plans/

Like the others have stated, the monthly plan doesn't just auto-renew. You have to sign up for that to happen, either with PP directly, or whomever you buy the pins from.
    What kind of phone does a turtle have?
    A shell-ular phone

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack View Post
    Here is plan switching info from the Page plus website --
    https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/switching-plans/

Like the others have stated, the monthly plan doesn't just auto-renew. You have to sign up for that to happen, either with PP directly, or whomever you buy the pins from.
    Did you read the link you posted? It says what I already posted above:
    "So, if a Standard PIN loaded onto an account provides enough cash balance for the current (unexpired) monthly plan to renew, the monthly plan will renew normally."

So, YES, as I stated, the monthly plan WILL auto-renew if there is enough cash balance from a Standard Plan PIN in the account, without having "to sign up for that to happen"!

Please explain what you're trying to say.

Carrier(s)
    VZW(formerly Airtouch)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you read the link you posted? It says what I already posted above:
    "So, if a Standard PIN loaded onto an account provides enough cash balance for the current (unexpired) monthly plan to renew, the monthly plan will renew normally."

So, YES, as I stated, the monthly plan WILL auto-renew if there is enough cash balance from a Standard Plan PIN in the account, without having "to sign up for that to happen"!

Please explain what you're trying to say.
    Just posting relevant info from the source .........
    Nothing to get excited about ................

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack View Post
    Just posting relevent info from the source .........
    Nothing to get excited about ................
    Okay, but if there is an available/sufficient cash balance, a PPC user doesn't need to sign up for auto-renewal for a monthly plan to auto-renew.

Thanks for posting the link. I had forgotten about that page.