Thread: OEM charger?

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket (TEMP)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The USB charging for cars is .5A. A DC converter will provide a faster charge at 1A. If you are using GPS or other apps, your phone may not charge using the car USB port.
    my car doesnt have a built in usb charger if thats what ur talking about and again why not just buy a 2amp car charger

ok ill try thr 2 amp samsung wall charger....so my understanding is that i dont need a Apple OEM or Apple MFI Certification wall/car charger but the cable itself must be OEM at least

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    my car doesnt have a built in usb charger if thats what ur talking about and again why not just buy a 2amp car charger
    Because a phone won't use 2 Amps. The 2 Amp charger will cost more. You only need a 2 Amp charger for big tablets.

ok ill try thr 2 amp samsung wall charger....so my understanding is that i dont need a Apple OEM or Apple MFI Certification wall/car charger but the cable itself must be OEM at least
    You just need one that works. I would look at Monoprice.

One place that I wouldn't go cheap is with AC plug-in-the-wall power supplies. Some of the really cheap Chinese stuff is not safe.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 01-07-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Feedback Score
    Depending on the price difference between a 1A and 2A charger, I would buy the 2A charger for future compatibility and to support any other devices you may own that need more than 1A.

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket (TEMP)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Because a phone won't use 2 Amps. The 2 Amp charger will cost more. You only need a 2 Amp charger for big tablets.

You just need one that works. I would look at Monoprice.

One place that I wouldn't go cheap is with AC plug-in-the-wall power supplies. Some of the really cheap Chinese stuff is not safe.
    well im keeping the OEM wall charger from apple

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Depending on the price difference between a 1A and 2A charger, I would buy the 2A charger for future compatibility and to support any other devices you may own that need more than 1A.

no my phone wont take the 2 amps BUT for future use of other devices...some are saying that itll charge a lil bit better in the car since im using a few apps on the phone while driving.

the OEM wall charger is 1amp and seems like it charges kinda fast when the power is low but any other time i charge itll be just like anyother phone i had

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post

A DC converter provides more options for charging than a dedicated DC charger since it sounds like you are making a purchase for a roadtrip. I would go for the option with the most future flexibility which is the DC converter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2