Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cricket IPv6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    I'm surprised no one has figured it out...

For those who want IPv6, change the APN to actually support it. The "default" setting in the APN is IPv4 only, simply change this to IPv4/IPv6 and it should work. If you cannot edit the APN, make a new one with the same information. Also for those with AT&T Prepaid should also get it with an APN edit. Please let us know if it works for you as well. Also going to toss this extra bit of info out there: Using AT&Ts MMSC works better than cricket's. Simply change the MMSC and Proxy "aiowireless.net" to "mobile.att.net" (i.e proxy.mobile.att.net and http://mmsc.mobile.att.net ) it's a lot more stable, at least in my testing. I've yet to have a "failed" mms using the att settings vs aiowireless settings.
    well my APN is set to use IPv4 and IPv6.

Name:  Screenshot_2018-01-08-20-44-17.png
Views: 156
Size:  70.0 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    Also for those with AT&T Prepaid should also get it with an APN edit. Please let us know if it works for you as well.
    Works on AT&T Prepaid. The default APNs I got when I switched to AT&T Prepaid last month already had the APN protocol set to IPv4/IPv6, though the APN roaming protocol was set to IPv4.

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It is as if AT&T prepaid had been abandoned. No VoLTE, no WiFi calling either
    Can't completely disagree, there's the 30-day (vs. monthly) cycle and setting up multi-lines is way more complicated than Cricket but even as-is AT&T Prepaid has several advantages over Cricket - definitely better support, not having to pay a fee if you go into a store to do something, if you set up a multi-line group the members keep control of their PINs, you get the auto-pay discount on each line in a group, free hotspot on non-unlimited plans, you can download your call/text records, rollover data, and with discounts the price may end up being competitive or cheaper than Cricket; right now I'm paying $33.50/line for 2 lines on the 6GB plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    Can't completely disagree, there's the 30-day (vs. monthly) cycle and setting up multi-lines is way more complicated than Cricket but even as-is AT&T Prepaid has several advantages over Cricket - definitely better support, not having to pay a fee if you go into a store to do something, if you set up a multi-line group the members keep control of their PINs, you get the auto-pay discount on each line in a group, free hotspot on non-unlimited plans, you can download your call/text records, rollover data, and with discounts the price may end up being competitive or cheaper than Cricket; right now I'm paying $33.50/line for 2 lines on the 6GB plan.
    I'll preface this with that I'm happy with Cricket at the moment (4 iPhones on Unlimited 2 at the promo pricing), but have always kept an eye on AT&T Prepaid as an alternative option for about the same "regular" price, but different features. VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling, along with the promo price are keeping me at Cricket for the time being, but I still like to see what develops.

I feel like AT&T will have to do some things to keep AT&T Prepaid competitive and not get squeezed too much by Cricket from the bottom or AT&T postpaid at the top. They also probably wouldn't want to just offer the same plans/features as Cricket, although the two are closer than they've been in a long time (otherwise the best analog I can think of is that it would end up like Mercury in its final years—just a lot of slightly-nicer Fords, but not much different).

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I feel like AT&T will have to do some things to keep AT&T Prepaid competitive and not get squeezed too much by Cricket from the bottom or AT&T postpaid at the top. They also probably wouldn't want to just offer the same plans/features as Cricket, although the two are closer than they've been in a long time (otherwise the best analog I can think of is that it would end up like Mercury in its final years—just a lot of slightly-nicer Fords, but not much different).
    AT&T's way of keeping AT&T Prepaid competitive over the past few years seems to be just increasing the data allowance a couple of times a year. Since May 2016 the $45 AT&T Prepaid plan has gone from 1.5 GB's of data per month to current amount of 6 GB's of data per month. The increase to 6 GB's was done just about a year ago so they're probably due for another increase.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    AT&T's way of keeping AT&T Prepaid competitive over the past few years seems to be just increasing the data allowance a couple of times a year. Since May 2016 the $45 AT&T Prepaid plan has gone from 1.5 GB's of data per month to current amount of 6 GB's of data per month. The increase to 6 GB's was done just about a year ago so they're probably due for another increase.
    I know we're a bit OT here but ...

The latest change was the new AT&T Prepaid autopay policy where if you pay your balance in advance of the autopay withdrawal (e.g. with CallingMart refills), they process an autopay charge of $0.00 and give you your $5/line autopay discount. Previously, if you paid in advance you didn't get the autopay discount. That's enough to make 1-2 lines very competitive with Cricket (2 lines without discounts: $75 with 6GB+rollover+hotspot+North America roaming vs $70 with 5GB and none of the above). Cricket generally rules the roost with multi-line plans but even those can end up cheaper on AT&T Prepaid; if you have 5 people for whom 1GB data will work, 5 lines on the 1GB plan with autopay + multi-line discounts comes to $20/line, add CallingMart refills and you're down to $18/line with the bonus that everyone controls their own account PIN.

I was happy with Cricket and don't have anything against them; it's just their plans no longer work for my situation. I also have to admit that the experience of immediate porting to AT&T Prepaid at an AT&T corporate store definitely beat the Cricket Store experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2