Thread: More Everything plan question

Feedback Score

More Everything plan question

I'm on the More Everything plan with 3 line's can i drop two line's and still keep the plan. What I want to do is keep the More Everything plan and open a unlimited plan I/E have two plans with Verizon. Well talked with a Verizon Rep can keep it and with one line but she said new account would have to be opened with different name. Does that sound about right.
    Last edited by bcltoys; 01-05-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    Looking at the diff in price I would save 17.00 a month just switching to the unlimited plan and dumping my 40gig more everything plan and gain some data now I don't know what to do. Anyone have a opinion.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Looking at the diff in price I would save 17.00 a month just switching to the unlimited plan and dumping my 40gig more everything plan and gain some data now I don't know what to do. Anyone have a opinion.
    It sounds like a pretty easy decision. More data for less money. What's to think about?

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I'm on the More Everything plan with 3 line's can i drop two line's and still keep the plan. What I want to do is keep the More Everything plan and open a unlimited plan I/E have two plans with Verizon.
    You can call and have them move the 2 lines into a subaccount on an unlimited plan. I would ask for the February UDP.

Well talked with a Verizon Rep can keep it and with one line but she said new account would have to be opened with different name. Does that sound about right.
    No, that rep was an idiot. You can open a subaccount under the same name.

Feedback Score
    How much data is used by each line?

How much hotspot data is used by each line?

How much do you pay for the 40GB?

Do you get an employer discount? If so, what is the percentage?

Do you get a line access fee discount for being off contract or financing a phone on your lines?

Feedback Score
    My 17 year old son uses the bulk of the data around 20 or so gig I pretty much use the rest the wife uses maybe a gig a mouth,we always run up to 40/41 gig. My use is almost all hotspot my son mostly phone use, no discounts other then 1 off contract line we pay 150.00 a month for 40 gig.

Feedback Score
    My 17 year old son uses the bulk of the data around 20 or so gig I pretty much use the rest the wife uses maybe a gig a mouth,we always run up to 40/41 gig. My use is almost all hotspot my son mostly phone use, no discounts other then 1 off contract line we pay 150.00 a month for 40 gig.
    So you pay $150 for the 40GB and then $15/mo for each line? Or do you pay some other amount for the line access fees?

Just 3 lines?

Do any of the lines have a financing contract on them?

1 line is off contract and the other 2 lines are on contract?

Feedback Score
    All three will be off contract next month,but all our phones are 2 years old ready for new ones. Well not contract they were financed.

Feedback Score
    All three will be off contract next month,but all our phones are 2 years old ready for new ones. Well not contract they were financed.
    OK so then no lines are on contract.

If you have 3 lines, 1 without a financing agreement (DPP) and 2 with a DPP, the line access fees (LAFs) for the 2 with DPPs should be $15/mo. The LAF for the 1 without a DPP may be either $15/mo or $40/mo depending on whether or not you have the month to month (MTM) discount on the line without the DPP.

Assuming you do not have the MTM discount on the line without the DPP, then you are paying:

40GB = $150

2 lines with DPPs = $15 x 2 = $30

1 line without DPP = $40

That is a total of $220. For that $220, you get to share 40GB at full speed, no deprioritization and can use as much hotspot as you want up to your 40GB limit. However there is no safety mode on the More Everything (ME) plan so if you exceed your 40GB you pay $10/GB in overages.
    Moreover, once your 2 lines with DPPs have paid off their devices, if you don't finance new devices then the LAFs for those lines will increase to $40/mo since the MTM discount is no longer available.

If you moved to the February Unlimited plan (New UDP), it would be:

New UDP = $110 - $10 autopay/paperless discount = $100

LAFs = $20 x 3 = $60

That is a total of $160 assuming you have autopay with debit or checking account set up and paperless billing. That's a savings of $60/mo compared to the ME plan + the taxes and fees on that additional $60/mo.

If you moved to the Beyond Unlimited plan (BUDP), it would be $180/mo for 3 lines after the autopay/paperless discount. That's a savings of $40/mo compared to the ME plan + the taxes and fees on that additional $40/mo.

As long as you all can live with being limited to 15GB of hotspot per line and deprioritization after 22GB per line, the New UDP is the best option for you. To get New UDP, you log online to your account and do a chat and ask to be put on the New Verizon Plan Unlimited plan code is 98127.