Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Why do you all stay with Verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...orate-tax-rate

They continue to be defiant on buying more spectrum . The beat goes on....
    What is wrong with them? Don’t they understand the need for spectrum?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    What is wrong with them? Don’t they understand the need for spectrum?
    They think they can solve it all with density. Admittedly, density helps a lot. Massive MIMO will help a lot, too. But you need phone support for that to work, and we don't even have a single handset yet.

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I stay with Verizon because I have yet to see any of my friends have less issues than I have.
    Right now I'm sitting in my living room and I'm getting 30Mbps up/down on my phone.
    I don't get a lot of dropped calls. The customer service has been fine and my bill has been low.
    For years I was getting a $20 credit per line on $29/month data. SO I was getting unlimited for $10.
    I had no motivation to go anywhere.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    I originally moved to Verizon for the Call the World feature , 1000 mins worldwide for $20 and great coverage. I had been a T-Mobile customer each summer I spent in the states and it was incredibly unreliable and poor speeds. I moved to AT&T and while I did have better coverage I didn’t have good coverage and selected Verizon. I was a very very happy camper until I added a new line through Best Buy on Black Friday 2016 and they somehow managed to screw up my whole Verizon account and remove my Call the World feature. Verizon kept saying it was being readded and in the end the feature was changed and call the world was no longer available. A bit peeved I switched to T Mobile this summer again but regretted it immediately. Now back on Verizon and while I don’t have the international calls I am happy to pay for a proper service. Happy to pay a premium for a proper service and reliable.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I came over seeking service where I live work and play. I stay because I get service where I live work and play. They've added many sites in my area in the last few years plus they are second to none with signal optimization so it really makes a good combo. T-Mobile has the site density going for them but the optimization they do not. They're also the first carrier I've ever had that's worked flawlessly 99% of my time.
    Exactly, other carriers cover two out of three, only Verizon covers all three areas. With my military discount my Verizon unlimited beyond is $74.49 per month. So also cheaper than the other two, with T-MO plus add on.
    Last edited by sectime; 01-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    Exactly, other carriers cover two out of three, only Verizon covers all three areas. With my military discount my Verizon unlimited beyond is $74 per month. So also cheaper than the other two, with T-MO plus add on.
    How much is military discount?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    How much is military discount?
    On new unlimited plans, $15. On the February unlimited, it was 15%.

Feedback Score

Why do you all stay with Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    It is T-Mobile’s haphazard deployment of band 12, not its physical characteristics that make it crappy.
    Clearly as an accomplished network engineer I'm looking forward to you informing us how Nokia and Ericcson's deployment of B12 for T-Mobile is 'haphazard'?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SueZ_1 View Post
    Clearly as an accomplished network engineer I'm looking forward to you informing us how Nokia and Ericcson's deployment of B12 for T-Mobile is 'haphazard'?
    Unfortunately, there's a little more to a good deployment than equipment selection. No doubt TMO has top notch gear like the other carriers. In my area, band 12 is hardly on any sites.

To their credit, it's on the new temporary site on the ridge near me. It doesn't help me though. The two remaining serving cells for me have no 12. Upload is pretty bad because my signal to the tower is weak on 2/4. If those sites had 12 deployed, I'm sure it could be my primary carrier with 2/4 aggregated in. Then I would have better uploads.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SueZ_1 View Post
    It's only on one panel and the power is turned down to avoid interference.

Feedback Score
    And it is not on every site. I understand the interference complications with a dense low band setup, but for whatever reason Verizon as opposed to T-Mobile seems to have nailed their low band deployment in my area. Hell I see Verizon Band 4 carrying further into buildings than T-Mobile band 12 does when T-Mobile is even co-located on the same tower. I don't get it.

I was holding out on T-Mobile to give them a chance to deploy band 12 in my area. Considering all of the marketing hoopla John and Neville were making about it I figured why not wait a little bit and see.

Well about a year and a half (March 2017) after I initially saw band 12 popping up in my area indoor coverage was still crap. By that time Verizon had begun offering unlimited data for not much more than I was paying for T-Mobile one.

It was a no brainer to switch back.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To be fair pretty much every LTE band on every carrier is dedicated to a single panel antenna at each sector.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    To be fair pretty much every LTE band on every carrier is dedicated to a single panel antenna at each sector.
    Heh. I read that as "just one sector". I always assume a given band is only emitting from a single panel.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ah. On nearly all normal macro sites you'll see three sectors of panels and each sector will have an antenna or group of antennas that can transmit all bands collectively. Some panels can transmit more than one band and the technology has gotten so you can broadcast 3-4 bands off of a single antenna although the general thought seems to be, at least in Verizon's case, to set up at least two panels to broadcast their main 3 LTE antennas for a level of consistently. You'll still see some legacy antennas that maybe have one or two RF connections but that's a thing of the past in terms of any new builds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I was curious what keeps everyone here with Verizon.
    I've never been with Verizon proper, but have used their service for many years now via various MVNOs. Page Plus, then Puppy Wireless, and currently Total Wireless. I have never had any problems with the service or coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Right now I pay Verizon 133.19 a month (with 19% Corp discount) for 16Gb on 2 lines and I never go over on data. If I switched to t-Mobile it would be 130 flat for 2 lines for me (one line with the 10.00 plus upgrade cause on rare occasions I do need to tether) with free Netflix that I do use.
    Right now I pay Total Wireless $61.67 ($57 + tax/fees) for 15GB on 2 lines. Extra data (if I need it, I haven't yet) is $2 GB ($10/5GB). I use an unlocked Moto G5+ and use mobile hotspot at will. Why would you pay Verizon twice as much?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast