Thread: Help find best plan for dad's new Samsung SMG981

Device(s)
    Netgear 781s (AT&T Unite Pro), Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

Help find best plan for dad's new Samsung SMG981

*Samsung GMG891 NOT SMG981*

It's time for dad to get a new phone and he has gotten a Samsung SMG891 and I want to know what is going to be the best AT&T prepaid plan for around the $35 or less price... He would need to have unlimited calls and texts but I wouldn't be able to get unlimited data at that price so I'm looking for the most amount of high speed data with a 2G/3G unlimited after he has used all the high speed 4G LTE data... He has the $30 plan from Cricket right now and uses his 2GB too fast now... I'd love to get him a new plan to go with his new phone... What do you guys suggest? AT&T is a second here right after Verizon with the other two being basically useless here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Red Pocket $30 plan (with auto-refill) has UT&T and 3GB of data.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    *Samsung GMG891 NOT SMG981*

It's time for dad to get a new phone and he has gotten a Samsung SMG891 and I want to know what is going to be the best AT&T prepaid plan for around the $35 or less price... He would need to have unlimited calls and texts but I wouldn't be able to get unlimited data at that price so I'm looking for the most amount of high speed data with a 2G/3G unlimited after he has used all the high speed 4G LTE data... He has the $30 plan from Cricket right now and uses his 2GB too fast now... I'd love to get him a new plan to go with his new phone... What do you guys suggest? AT&T is a second here right after Verizon with the other two being basically useless here

There are several good options listed at https://bestmvno.com/phone-plans-compared/att-mvnos/ .

I might recommend Pure Talk USA, that has $30/mo UT&T+3GB LTE+Unlimited throttled AND $35/mo UT&T+5GB LTE+Unlimited throttled plans. Pure Talk is also a HoFo Sponsored Member.

Red Pocket has the same 3GB/mo plan as Pure Talk USA, but also sells a 360 day plan with UT&T+3GB LTE monthly on Amazon for $255, which works out to ~$21.25/mo. Although there have been conflicting reports that it does, officially, the Amazon plan doesn't include unlimited throttled data.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    There are several good options listed at https://bestmvno.com/phone-plans-compared/att-mvnos/ .

I might recommend Pure Talk USA, that has $30/mo UT&T+3GB LTE+Unlimited throttled AND $35/mo UT&T+5GB LTE+Unlimited throttled plans. Pure Talk is also a HoFo Sponsored Member.

Red Pocket has the same 3GB/mo plan as Pure Talk USA, but also sells a 360 day plan with UT&T+3GB LTE monthly on Amazon for $255, which works out to ~$21.25/mo. Although there have been conflicting reports that it does, officially, the Amazon plan doesn't include unlimited throttled data.
    he would want the cheaper price up front rather than paying the big price and saving in the long run but Now pure talk and red pocket are all of the download speeds capped like Cricket? What are the download speed cap and throttled Unlimited speeds of both compaired to Cricket? I could go with Cricket's 5gb plan unless one of the other two have better speeds

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    he would want the cheaper price up front rather than paying the big price and saving in the long run but Now pure talk and red pocket are all of the download speeds capped like Cricket? What are the download speed cap and throttled Unlimited speeds of both compaired to Cricket? I could go with Cricket's 5gb plan unless one of the other two have better speeds

The LTE speeds are not capped on Pure Talk USA or Red Pocket AT&T. All things being equal, they will both have faster LTE speeds compared to Cricket's capped LTE speed.

Pure Talk USA clearly states 128kbps throttle speed after the LTE allotment.

I'm not sure if Red Pocket states anything more specific than 2G speeds after the LTE allotment.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    look like they are all about the same speeds after high speed is used up basically.... I was looking at Rok Mobile and H2O wireless as well how are they? I'm thinking of going with a $40 plan with throttled unlimited (hopefully with auto pay discount) but right now it looks like rok mobile's 6GB plan and H2O's 6GB plan are the most data for around $35 on AT&T towers

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    look like they are all about the same speeds after high speed is used up basically.... I was looking at Rok Mobile and H2O wireless as well how are they? I'm thinking of going with a $40 plan with throttled unlimited (hopefully with auto pay discount) but right now it looks like rok mobile's 6GB plan and H2O's 6GB plan are the most data for around $35 on AT&T towers
    I don't know too much about ROK. H2O's LTE speed is capped.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah... Maybe somebody else will know