Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Share Flex Plans Live on att.com

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The 1gb plan is $5 cheaper but still not competitive with the options out there.

Seems like att doesn't care if wireless customers keep leaving. I guess time and their other entertainment offers will keep them going

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    I wasn't aware that was still available. I didn't see it on the site. That's a good deal.
    With my employer discount, the 5GB single line plan is $53/mo including taxes/fees. You can add up to 2 non-smartphone devices to it. $10/mo for tablets/hotspots, $5/mo for wearables and $20/mo for basic phones.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    These plans just plain suck. They should have kept MSV but just defaulted to throttling not overages. How do they think that adding crappy plans is going to get them more subs? There is only so much blood that they can draw from their customer base, and this is not the way to get new customers.

They need better plans, and better marketing that focuses on lifestyle uses of their devices, not sitting around watching TV on your phone (even if that's what people actually do). They need to market to what people want to be, not what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    I'll stick with the 20GB Mobile Share Value ($100) with $15 per line fees.
    Agreed. That's what I'm on. Not leaving anytime soon.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Where does the $45 plan come from? All I'm seeing is it starting at $55 unless thats not the new plans

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Where does the $45 plan come from? All I'm seeing is it starting at $55 unless thats not the new plans
    Maybe that's before autopay/paperless discount.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As usual, these new plans bring more confusion and frustration when the billing gets AFU.
    The previous MSAP, 1GB, was $30. This new Flex 1 GB shows "Original price" $35 (crossed out) now $31.50.
    https://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless...figurator.html
    Then it adds "Be sure to sign up for AutoPay and Paperless Billing to save $10.00 every month. Discount starts within 2 bill periods."
    Does that mean the final cost is $21.50? Does the "AutoPay" require a debit card or direct withdrawal?
    Similarly, the 5 GB Flex plan "Original Price" was $60 ($60 was the cost of the 6 GB plan under MSAP).
    Now 5 GB is $54. Will it be $44 with the AutoPay and Paperless discount?
    Why does it take TWO billing periods to get the $10 discount? I use my credit card to make a purchase and within seconds, my phone pings showing me the charge. Why can't the $10 credit be applied immediately? This is the kind of thing that causes a lot of hair-pulling frustration with AT&T billing.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    Why does it take TWO billing periods to get the $10 discount? I use my credit card to make a purchase and within seconds, my phone pings showing me the charge. Why can't the $10 credit be applied immediately? This is the kind of thing that causes a lot of hair-pulling frustration with AT&T billing.

This right here...

I have had three bills and have been with AT&T for two months and I still don’t have my discount. I’ve been set up with auto pay (w/ debit Card) and paperless billing since day. It’s a task Verizon can in the same billing period. Not sure why AT&T can’t.

It almost seems like they’re trying to get extra money out of people because they can. If I don’t get the discount next month Im out of here.

You’re also correct with all the confusion. Verizon and AT&T need to simply the plans. You shouldn’t need to do a math problem to solve your bill amount.
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To go from MSV (retention) 20GB to this Flex plan would cost me $20.50 a month. Ha, you’d think over time you’d get more data for less money.

Also agree with everyone that AT&T cannot explain/show their plans for their life. The other three are SO much more transparent in pricing. I should be able to input 3 lines and get the pricing. Not forced to read a paragraph and start deducting for paperless billing.
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    As usual, these new plans bring more confusion and frustration when the billing gets AFU.
    The previous MSAP, 1GB, was $30. This new Flex 1 GB shows "Original price" $35 (crossed out) now $31.50.
    https://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless...figurator.html
    Then it adds "Be sure to sign up for AutoPay and Paperless Billing to save $10.00 every month. Discount starts within 2 bill periods."
    Does that mean the final cost is $21.50? Does the "AutoPay" require a debit card or direct withdrawal?
    Similarly, the 5 GB Flex plan "Original Price" was $60 ($60 was the cost of the 6 GB plan under MSAP).
    Now 5 GB is $54. Will it be $44 with the AutoPay and Paperless discount?
    So with this being said (not sure if with employee discounts or not)

I was told by a chat agent discounts apply to whole plan while in store agent says it only goes to the data portion. I know some chat agents aren’t fully knowledgeable. But is it only the data side it applies to?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post

I was told by a chat agent discounts apply to whole plan while in store agent says it only goes to the data portion. I know some chat agents aren’t fully knowledgeable. But is it only the data side it applies to?
    It’s just applied to the data portion.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Auto pay with debit card/checking account is no big deal. U can manually pay with credit card for usual credit card points before the auto bank draft. So my cycle ends the January 24th of each month. Bill comes out the January 28th and auto bank drafts the ten 7th. Just manically pay with credit card between January 28-feb 7th.

Pretty simple. Or u can prepay ahead of time for a billing credit

Device(s)
    LG G5, G3, G Pad X 10.1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Odd question. I currently have 1 GB MSA on a second account (12 devices at the moment including family devices, so 10 are on UDP+ and the other two, the least frequently used, are on the second account). Wanted to compare 1 GB MSA with the new 1 GB MSF and it doesn't show up. Are the two identical so that there's no point going from MSA -> MSF or is there some other reason why the system is only offering 5 GB MSF as the minimum alternate plan?
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper and Sensorly for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively to both projects in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
    Auto pay with debit card/checking account is no big deal. U can manually pay with credit card for usual credit card points before the auto bank draft. So my cycle ends the January 24th of each month. Bill comes out the January 28th and auto bank drafts the ten 7th. Just manically pay with credit card between January 28-feb 7th.

Pretty simple. Or u can prepay ahead of time for a billing credit
    I tried this for 3 months and no dice for me. I even called them about it and they couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t revisiting the discount. I gave up and just changed the auto pay back to my Wells Fargo credit card to keep my cell phone insurance from them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    It’s just applied to the data portion.
    I figured as much. Just double checking thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post

Yes, FAN only applies to the data portion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast