Thread: Merging acounts - best way?

Feedback Score

Merging acounts - best way?

I have a credit balance on my account. I would like to merge another Cricket account (with a single line) into my account. What is the best way to do this? Online chat or call or Store visit?

I would most likely do it at the end of the billing cycle of the other line. I guess I will be charged pro-rated amount for this line from the day it is merged till the end of my billing cycle.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Online chat is the best. If both lines are single, they should get married as soon as possible. If I were you, I would get more people and form a 4 line group on Unlimited 2 plan and keep the monthly fee at $25 for each line before taking the next step.

Feedback Score
    +1 for chat to do the merge. Be sure to save a copy/screenshot of current credits and chat in case there is an issue later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    Online chat is the best. If both lines are single, they should get married as soon as possible.
    Thank you. Yes, both accounts are single line. The other account has a small credit balance that will be used up next month. I want to use that up before I merge for I fear that merging now will result in losing that small credit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    +1 for chat to do the merge. Be sure to save a copy/screenshot of current credits and chat in case there is an issue later.
    Thanks! Online chat is the way to go.

I guess I will need the pin and answer to security question for the other lien to do the merge, right? What will I need?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    Thanks! Online chat is the way to go.

I guess I will need the pin and answer to security question for the other lien to do the merge, right? What will I need?
    You just need phone number and PIN. Which plan do you have on each line and what are the due date for each line?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    You just need phone number and PIN. Which plan do you have on each line and what are the due date for each line?
    line merging into my account has a due date of 19th and mine is 21st. both are basic currently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    line merging into my account has a due date of 19th and mine is 21st. both are basic currently.
    Single lines with autopay have $5 discount each. When you merge, the 2nd line has $10 discount. So it is a wash. I would recommend merging lines as soon as possible, schedule upgrading to unlimited 2 plan starting next billing cycle (1/22) and then take 2 more lines on that day.