Thread: Warranty Replacement Question

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Warranty Replacement Question

I've got a ~16mo old Moto Droid Force Z XT1650-02, am content with it (not in love). Battery is dying, I am still paying for insurance/warranty. What is the overall quality of refurb phones they send to customers? I'm on the fence of going that route, or just paying a reliable repair shop $75 to replace the battery.

Feedback Score
    if your still paying for insurance/warranty and the phones battery is dying, then wouldn't that be considered a manufacturing defect ?? you should be able to get a new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    if your still paying for insurance/warranty and the phones battery is dying, then wouldn't that be considered a manufacturing defect ?? you should be able to get a new phone.
    That's why he/she is asking about the quality of the replacement phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nermel View Post
    I've got a ~16mo old Moto Droid Force Z XT1650-02, am content with it (not in love). Battery is dying, I am still paying for insurance/warranty. What is the overall quality of refurb phones they send to customers? I'm on the fence of going that route, or just paying a reliable repair shop $75 to replace the battery.
    It varies a lot. Some are good, some are terrible. If you get a bad one, you can keep sending them back until you get one that is acceptable. Take pictures of the bad devices that they send to you so you have proof because if they send too many bad ones, you can ask to be upgraded. They used to be more lenient with upgrading but people abused it. However if you have pictures of the bad ones, you have much more leverage and can even file a complaint with the insurance commissioner in your state if they won't upgrade you after getting several bad ones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Replacements typically are not "new" phones. They are typically refurbished units.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Replacements typically are not "new" phones. They are typically refurbished units.
    Yes we know, but that wasn't OP's question. OP wants to know the quality of the refurbs. The quality varies, some are good some are bad. You can keep returning them until you get one in good shape. If they send you too many bad ones, you can ask to be upgraded.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    Yes we know, but that wasn't OP's question. OP wants to know the quality of the refurbs. The quality varies, some are good some are bad. You can keep returning them until you get one in good shape. If they send you too many bad ones, you can ask to be upgraded.
    Yeah, I know that. I was responding directly to the poster whom I quoted who said "you should be able to get a new phone."

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nermel View Post
    I'd return it for warranty. There should be no charge.
    If the phone they send you isn't up to par; send it back until you get a good one.
    I have done that. I had one phone I sent back until I got one that didn't have defects.
    It took three tries. Since then I haven't had an issue.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster