Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket AT&T vs Red Pocket Verizon-any difference in annual plans

Feedback Score

Red Pocket AT&T vs Red Pocket Verizon-any difference in annual plans

I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and didn't find it.

Any advantages of Red Pocket Verizon vs Red Pocket AT&T (other than coverage in your local area)?

I have used At&t mnvos, but not verizon. That said, verizon is known for the best coverage in the local rural areas which I occasionally go to (and also, I think for the best coverage period, I believe?). I do know people who use it and are very happy (not through Red Pocket, though). Any thoughts on wish I should get for an annual plan?

ETA: Do MMS count against date usage on Red Pocket?
    Last edited by Robynsus; 01-13-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    In our rural area of Western Washington, Verizon is the clear choice. I manage 8 lines using Red Pocket, PagePlus, and Verizon Prepaid. Six of those are on various Red Pocket CDMA-V plans. We couldn't be happier. One of those RP lines is on the Amazon 3GB plan, and the rest came from eBay. Great value and chat works well for customer service (although wait times are sometimes long - I just listen for the CS to join the chat while I do other things).

Feedback Score
    Thanks, southsound, good to know!

Can anyone tell me if there are any other major differences between the At&t vs Verizon annual plans? Like I believe you cant get MMS on iphones with AT&t? (Which doesnt matter to me as I dont use iphones). I think I have heard differences mentioned about throttling or not, but not sure?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and didn't find it.

Any advantages of Red Pocket Verizon vs Red Pocket AT&T (other than coverage in your local area)?

I have used At&t mnvos, but not verizon. That said, verizon is known for the best coverage in the local rural areas which I occasionally go to (and also, I think for the best coverage period, I believe?). I do know people who use it and are very happy (not through Red Pocket, though). Any thoughts on wish I should get for an annual plan?

ETA: Do MMS count against date usage on Red Pocket?
    If you have an iPhone, don't consider RP AT&T, because MMS won't work correctly. It will work fine if you have an Android. Everything works fine on RP Vzw.

MMS uses data for the transport of the data files, and as far as I know, counts against the data allowance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are other differences, due to the underlying networks. Can have simultaneous data/voice on the ATT network, but not the Verizon network, at this time.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Feedback Score
    If you're hearing impaired like me calls have more clarity on AT&T than VZW.

DON'T listen to anybody that says VZW has better or the same voice clarity as AT&T IF THEY ARE NOT HEARING IMPAIRED.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If you're hearing impaired like me calls have more clarity on AT&T than VZW.

DON'T listen to anybody that says VZW has better or the same voice clarity as AT&T IF THEY ARE NOT HEARING IMPAIRED.
    Agree, that's one reason why I chose ATT over Verizon. The improved frequency response & call stability of ATT over Verizon 1x makes calling much closer to landline sound quality. Also like the simultaneous voice & data capability that you get with legacy ATT.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Agree, that's one reason why I chose ATT over Verizon. The improved frequency response & call stability of ATT over Verizon 1x makes calling much closer to landline sound quality. Also like the simultaneous voice & data capability that you get with legacy ATT.

Last edited by Digital Rules; 01-13-2018 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Delete this one too. Crazy there is no delete option

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Please delete. No way to delete using Hofo app

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How does vzw volte compare? Agreed that 1x voice is passable.

Feedback Score
    Wow, I had not really thought out the fact that MMS counts against data. It does not with Airvoice. So, I know that MMS vary with size, but can anyone give me an estimate/range of how much sending a photo would use? I use MMS quite a lot, so getting 1GB may not do anything for me as they are "free" now.

Interesting about verizon working with those who are hard of hearing. I do not think I am there yet, but do have some age-related loss I need to have re-evaluated. I am pretty sure I would be okay for a year though.
    Last edited by Robynsus; 01-13-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Feedback Score
    SIM kit comes with AT&T, TM & VZW 3in1 SIMs. Sprint can be activated immediately with Activation Code, SIM kit isn't needed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I haven't noticed a difference between ATT VoLTE and Verizon VoLTE. RP Verizon doesn't yet support VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Verizon VoLTE sounds incredibly good, but I have found it not nearly as reliable as legacy 1x & UMTS calling. VoLTE calls are sent as data packets & are subject to packet loss, especially on the uplink from the VoLTE phone to the tower. (garbled, broken audio) On the other hand the downlink rarely exhibits packet loss issues.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    ....RP Verizon doesn't yet support VoLTE.
    I see this as another good reason to choose AT&T over VZW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast