Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Pocket AT&T vs Red Pocket Verizon-any difference in annual plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If you're hearing impaired like me calls have more clarity on AT&T than VZW.

DON'T listen to anybody that says VZW has better or the same voice clarity as AT&T IF THEY ARE NOT HEARING IMPAIRED.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I haven't noticed a difference between ATT VoLTE and Verizon VoLTE. RP Verizon doesn't yet support VoLTE.
    zapjb, I've often noticed that 1x Verizon voice quality is lacking, and I'm not struggling with hearing impairment, so I can see why you would prefer AT&T.

Based on the discussion, are people implying that RP AT&T does get VoLTE? That's not what I've experienced, but then again that could be my phones limitation (Nextbit Robin), though I have had VoLTE work with the same phone on other carriers (T-Mobile).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twobytes View Post
    zapjb, I've often noticed that 1x Verizon voice quality is lacking, and I'm not struggling with hearing impairment, so I can see why you would prefer AT&T.

Based on the discussion, are people implying that RP AT&T does get VoLTE? That's not what I've experienced, but then again that could be my phones limitation (Nextbit Robin), though I have had VoLTE work with the same phone on other carriers (T-Mobile).
    Thanks for the not hearing impaired confirmation.

I think you mistyped. I read & quoted that RP VZW doesn't have VoLTE.

Or am I not understanding your point?
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since ATT doesn't even do LTE over their entire network yet, VoLTE is less important for the ATT network. VoLTE provides other benefits, such as allowing HD Voice in cases, on CDMA networks voice and data at the same time, etc.

At some point within the next couple years Verizon plans to drop CDMA support, so VoLTE will have to be allowed on all MVNOs. The transition time will likely depend on contracts and negotiations between Verizon and the MVNOs. Cost, etc. Plus phone support, MVNO customers are probably more price sensitive, and may be more hesitant to replace phones.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twobytes View Post

I hope somebody else will also reply about this to correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think ANY AT&T MVNO has VoLTE available yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I hope somebody else will also reply about this to correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think ANY AT&T MVNO has VoLTE available yet.
    Cricket Wireless, owned by ATT, has it on select phones. Yet ATT Prepaid doesn't yet.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Cricket Wireless, owned by ATT, has it on select phones. Yet ATT Prepaid doesn't yet.
    Cricket is owned by AT&T, so I don't think it's an MVNO. But that's still good info.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Kind of a fake MVNO.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't T-Mobile the only carrier with widespread volte? Does RP T-Mobile support it?

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I think you mistyped. I read & quoted that RP VZW doesn't have VoLTE.

Or am I not understanding your point?
    I think I must have misread the conversation about VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't T-Mobile the only carrier with widespread volte? Does RP T-Mobile support it?

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk
    Verizon has widespread VoLTE as well. All new phones purchased from them have it activated by default.

No VoLTE support for any RP networks at this time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's good to know. I was hoping that AT&T would have served me as well as T-Mobile, but it turns out AT&T has several noticeable drop outs in my area (not many, but just enough to make it troublesome). That occurs not just with calls, but receiving any signal at all. While I'm not in the largest of US cities, it's by no means tiny (Minneapolis, MN), and I thought coverage would be about equal. With the Superbowl heading into town, networks have been making various upgrades, but that didn't fill in the gaps for me. Today I'm switching back over to the T-Mobile side of things with Red Pocket. With T-Mobile taking over control of Iowa Wireless (I think the deal officially closed on January 2nd 2018), T-Mobiles native coverage will improve dramatically. My experience with Verizon is currently through Boom. That coverage has definitely been good, plus VoLTE / HD Voice work great, even if 1x quality suffers. Right now my local experience leaves Verizon and T-Mobile as the better options.

Feedback Score
    If you're hearing impaired like me calls have more clarity on AT&T than VZW.

DON'T listen to anybody that says VZW has better or the same voice clarity as AT&T IF THEY ARE NOT HEARING IMPAIRED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Agree, that's one reason why I chose ATT over Verizon. The improved frequency response & call stability of ATT over Verizon 1x makes calling much closer to landline sound quality. Also like the simultaneous voice & data capability that you get with legacy ATT.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app
    The simultaneous voice & data is particularly important to those of us that have a profound enough loss to use a caption app such as that from https://www.innocaption.com/. They use the data connection to caption what you say to us and we use our voice to reply to you or start to conversation with you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Does RP T-Mobile support it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    No VoLTE support for any RP networks at this time.
    That's what I thought, but I ran into more than one place where a Red Pocket rep states otherwise. I would check with them directly before making a decision, but here's a post on Slickdeals where support is listed for VoLTE on T-Mobile Red Pocket:
    * https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...7&postcount=31

And here's another feature, WiFi calling, they appear to support on the T-Mobile side as well:
    * For Context: https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...1&postcount=33
    * Reply to previous link: https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...5&postcount=34

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2