Thread: Does anyone have WiFi calling on a Cricket-branded S7

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, LG Volt, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does anyone have WiFi calling on a Cricket-branded S7

My understanding is that WiFi calling is supported for the Cricket variant of the Galaxy S7. I have one,but I can't seem to find the option to enable WiFi calling. What am I missing? Does anyone else have WiFi calling enabled on their Cricket-branded S7? Thanks.

EDIT: It looks like the Cricket S7 is NOT supported for WiFi calling (see post below), so please disregard this thread. Sorry!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by mmoose; 01-16-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    see here for wifi compatible phones - https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...le-phones.html looks like your phone is HD voice-Capable though - https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...le-phones.html providing your phone has the latest software version or later.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, LG Volt, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    see here for wifi compatible phones - https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...le-phones.html looks like your phone is HD voice-Capable though - https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...le-phones.html providing your phone has the latest software version or later.
    Ok, thanks, that's pretty unambiguous. Someone posted some inaccurate information in a different thread.

Sorry for the unnecessary thread, everyone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    FYI, my phone is not on that list and wifi calling works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    FYI, my phone is not on that list and wifi calling works.
    What phone do you have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcooper14 View Post
    What phone do you have?
    Unlocked AT&T LG V20.

I had to use an iPhone 7 with latest OS and carrier update to put my sim card into, activate wifi calling in settings and inputting address, then putting the sim card back into my V20 for it to work.

Feedback Score
    Unlocked AT&T LG V20.

I had to use an iPhone 7 with latest OS and carrier update to put my sim card into, activate wifi calling in settings and inputting address, then putting the sim card back into my V20 for it to work.
    I wonder if this will work on one of the Samsung phones

Feedback Score
    Unlocked AT&T LG V20.

I just tried the Iphone to activate wifi calling. All worked there. Transferred the sim to my Essential phone and no luck with wifi calling.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just tried the Iphone to activate wifi calling. All worked there. Transferred the sim to my Essential phone and no luck with wifi calling.
    But isn't the essential a sprint phone? I think we need to test it with an at&t branded phone that has WiFi calling built in

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    But isn't the essential a sprint phone? I think we need to test it with an at&t branded phone that has WiFi calling built in

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Nope. I have the unlocked version. I didn't get it through Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Nope. I have the unlocked version. I didn't get it through Sprint.
    I'm pretty sure it needs to be an AT&T branded phone or (who knows why) an iPhone.

I tried the same trick with an unlocked US version Huawei Mate 9 and didn't work either.

The sim is registered for VOLTE (HD Voice) and Wifi calling on the network as I can take my SIM out of the LG V20 and into the Mate 9 and nothing. No options in the menu to activate or anything. Take the sim card out of the Mate 9 and install into the V20 and wifi calling and VOLTE work fine.

I tried to chat a couple of times with cricket to add the IMEI of the Mate 9 as supported but they refused.

I believe that's all it comes down to really. Just like Cricket's parent company AT&T they refuse to let features be used on BYOD phones.

Just as an aside, a T-Mobile SIM card into the Mate 9 will immediately have an option for VOLTE and wifi calling in settings.

I think at this time only iPhones, ATT branded devices that supported wifi calling/VOLTE, and Cricket devices on the official list are able to use these features.

Though..... . I do remember reading a couple of posts about an Axon 7 being able to do VOLTE or wifi calling...could be axon changing lines in the build prop as I believe those devices also were able to mobile hotspot without error.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure it needs to be an AT&T branded phone or (who knows why) an iPhone. I tried the same trick with an unlocked US version Huawei Mate 9 and didn't work either. The sim is registered for VOLTE (HD Voice) and Wifi calling on the network as I can take my SIM out of the LG V20 and into the Mate 9 and nothing. No options in the menu to activate or anything. Take the sim card out of the Mate 9 and install into the V20 and wifi calling and VOLTE work fine. I tried to chat a couple of times with cricket to add the IMEI of the Mate 9 as supported but they refused. I believe that's all it comes down to really. Just like Cricket's parent company AT&T they refuse to let features be used on BYOD phones. Just as an aside, a T-Mobile SIM card into the Mate 9 will immediately have an option for VOLTE and wifi calling in settings. I think at this time only iPhones, ATT branded devices that supported wifi calling/VOLTE, and Cricket devices on the official list are able to use these features. Though..... . I do remember reading a couple of posts about an Axon 7 being able to do VOLTE or wifi calling...could be axon changing lines in the build prop as I believe those devices also were able to mobile hotspot without error.
    this should explain why wifi calling isn't working on your mate 9 - https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...ate-9-t3521218