Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket still the best single line At&t plan???

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, LG Volt, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    StraightTalk is a FAR better value, $45 for 10GB. You can even pick from all 4 networks if you decide to try a better carrier. If you're gonna use a low-priority MVNO like Cricket, then use a service that offers the most data and no throttling. You can actually prepay a whole year of service and it runs around $41/month. Really, don't torture yourself with 3mbit on Cricket.
    Not a better value if you don't need 10GB per month. Unless the purpose is to make a donation to the Carlos Slim fund.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    StraightTalk is a FAR better value, $45 for 10GB. You can even pick from all 4 networks if you decide to try a better carrier. If you're gonna use a low-priority MVNO like Cricket, then use a service that offers the most data and no throttling. You can actually prepay a whole year of service and it runs around $41/month. Really, don't torture yourself with 3mbit on Cricket.
    Low priority mvno like cricket? I’m sure AT&T’s in house prepaid brand would get higher priority than a 3rd party MVNO.

Feedback Score
    I switched from VZW to cricket earlier this month, but I chose to go on the Unlimited plan for $60/mo. I've been very happy with the switch. My only issue is that hotspot doesn't work, but I knew that going in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    I switched from VZW to cricket earlier this month, but I chose to go on the Unlimited plan for $60/mo. I've been very happy with the switch. My only issue is that hotspot doesn't work, but I knew that going in.
    My XAA Note 8, S8, and S8+ all do. Used over 500GB last month. I hear almost any unlocked phone can tether.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    My XAA Note 8, S8, and S8+ all do. Used over 500GB last month. I hear almost any unlocked phone can tether.
    Wow, I'm bringing over a Verizon branded moto Z play (missing band 12) so I'm gonna look at picking up a different phone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score

Cricket still the best single line At&t plan???

Wow, I'm bringing over a Verizon branded moto Z play (missing band 12) so I'm gonna look at picking up a different phone.
    Does it have Band 17? If so, that will work: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...y-700-mhz-band

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Does it have Band 17?
    Using lte discovery it's only ever used 2 and 4. Believe I'm missing 12 and 17

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Using lte discovery it's only ever used 2 and 4. Believe I'm missing 12 and 17
    Yep - if this is correct (searching Moto Z Play Verizon yielded it), it looks like it's only got 13 (Verizon's 700MHz band): https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Mo...-Droid_id10227

AT&T/Cricket use a lot of 12/17 for LTE, so an upgrade probably would help.

Feedback Score

All 8 series Samsung have identical US hardware. If you unlock any it will automatically update to whatever SIM you have (assuming they have native firmware). IE Note 8 isn't doesn't have Cricket software. XAA keeps it without any branding regardless of SIM. It is the factory unlocked firmware. I think Samsung has been doing identical hardware across carriers since the 6 series. As far as I know 8 is the first time their firmware changes with your SIM. This is similar to iPhones. I think almost all unlocked software phones allow tethering without paying.

Device(s)
    Lumia 830
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Don’t need 10gb. Cricket is the perfect solution for me.

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Same here. Perfect for my family.....don't need or care for the other stuff.
    ----
    Joe

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Works for us as well.

We took a road trip through Arizona, Nevada, and California. About 99% of the time we had signal and were able to stream music without an issue.

I doubt T-Mobile/Metro PCS would be able to have the same connection throughout.

Feedback Score
    Better value is not the same as best plan for an individual. Some people use very little data such as my MiL. She uses less than 1GB per month. Some people need customer service which at times with ST is not very good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Better value is not the same as best plan for an individual. Some people use very little data such as my MiL. She uses less than 1GB per month. Some people need customer service which at times with ST is not very good.
    No need to engage B1geast...known Cricket troll. His post is loaded with fake news. I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that 99.9% of the population falls into the “uses less than 5 GB” or “needs unlimited” category which renders the 10GB StraightTalk plan moot. You couldn’t pay me to use their service with their terrible customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    All 8 series Samsung have identical US hardware. If you unlock any it will automatically update to whatever SIM you have (assuming they have native firmware). IE Note 8 isn't doesn't have Cricket software. XAA keeps it without any branding regardless of SIM. It is the factory unlocked firmware. I think Samsung has been doing identical hardware across carriers since the 6 series. As far as I know 8 is the first time their firmware changes with your SIM. This is similar to iPhones. I think almost all unlocked software phones allow tethering without paying.
    Nah. Motorola I know doesn't allow tethering. Even unlocked phones.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast