Thread: VoLTE enabling on Single line plan but not on Group plan?

Device(s)
    Cricket LG Stylo 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

VoLTE enabling on Single line plan but not on Group plan?

So I bought the LG Stylo 3 when it was on sale and had to get a month of Cricket service, one thing I noticed is that on the single line I bought my Stylo 3 had VoLTE access but then when I joined a Group on their group plan that feature is no longer working. Why?
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Provisioning.

Can no one call or chat with Cricket?

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Maybe the Group Administrator has to go to his account (it is no longer yours to control), select your line, and activate the feature.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    So I bought the LG Stylo 3 when it was on sale and had to get a month of Cricket service, one thing I noticed is that on the single line I bought my Stylo 3 had VoLTE access but then when I joined a Group on their group plan that feature is no longer working. Why?
    Tell the admin to toggle on/off the "stream better" option on your line in account settings.

See if that brings it back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    Tell the admin to toggle on/off the "stream better" option on your line in account settings.

I swear I used to have this. All my phones are now considered BYOD, so I popped my SIM into a Cricket phone. I still don't have this option. I am guessing it was taken away when I switched to the unlimited2?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post

You can not turn off stream on unlimited2 plan
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Provisioning.

Can no one call or chat with Cricket?
    Best reply I've read in years!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Best reply I've read in years!
    Then why have a forum?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Then why have a forum?
    There are hours and days before responses on Hofo. I don't know usage specifics, but it seems like when I started here this place was popping and full of information. It was a different time then though and not everyone had a high end phone. Now this place hardly has any traffic it seems. Maybe it is specifically Cricket sub-forum.

Cricket has CSR and these people are paying for it and typically are asking questions that need follow ups. I mean his post alone, did he get a new SIM? Maybe the new one isn't provisioned. Someone is suggesting toggle stream more, but we don't know if he went to the unlimited2 where this isn't an option. Possibly he did a hard reset and doesn't have the address in, it's a guessing game and now been close to 24 hours without him responding. Cricket customer support is for sure not worse than what I've gotten with Sprint and they have stores to visit in most areas. Lots of reasons to have forums, but if he needed swiftness he is already paying monthly and not making them do their job...

Device(s)
    Cricket LG Stylo 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update: Contacted Customer support and got someone with a Spanish accent. He said he does see that the line has a Cricket branded phone on his end but also on his end he does not have the option to enable VoLTE since my plan "Already includes it". He did say that he would file a ticket since he was out options and his Tech support team would I guess "manually" add it.

So I will report back what happens. The group manager was nice enough to change the pin code so I could use the new temp pin to get through to customer service and at least get some help on my line.

Device(s)
    Cricket LG Stylo 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update #2: got a text stating "Cricket here with some good news! Your issue with Stream more(Can not be turned off on lines that are on the Unlimited 2 plan) has been resolved. Unfortunately it does not work still.

So i'm selling it and instead I bought a iPhone 7 Plus(A1784) AT&T but unlocked and I noticed when I put my sim in the phone and updated to iOS 11, VoLTE instantly worked and my iPhone is now asking me if I also want to enable WiFi calling as well. Ie: My android did not work but my iPhone 7 Plus Provisioned for VoLTE and I can activate WiFi calling any day now once I upgraded to iOS 11.