Carrier
    tmobile
    Feedback Score

Is a new se coming?

Been hearing a new se may be coming out. Has anyone else heard that also?

If one comes out with band 71 (won't hold my breath) I would definitely get it. Always liked the se style

Feedback Score
    An updated SE has been rumored for months. Apple knows many users prefer the smaller iPhone size and are not interested in upgrading to the 7 or 8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    An updated SE has been rumored for months. Apple knows many users prefer the smaller iPhone size and are not interested in upgrading to the 7 or 8.
    Why does Apple keep using the small size as the appeal to buy the iPhone SE, and not tout its low price? In my view, it seems to me that the reason to buy the SE is its low price especially on the prepaids where it seems to be even lower.

As for a new version of the SE, About the only thing they could add is the pressure sensitive touch feature and maybe, maybe, dual cameras. The processor from the 7?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boitoy1996 View Post
    Why does Apple keep using the small size as the appeal to buy the iPhone SE, and not tout its low price? In my view, it seems to me that the reason to buy the SE is its low price especially on the prepaids where it seems to be even lower.

As for a new version of the SE, About the only thing they could add is the pressure sensitive touch feature and maybe, maybe, dual cameras. The processor from the 7?
    Not all consumers want the larger screen size. Neither my wife or MIL will buy a screen size bigger than the SE.

Apple could certainly add features from the 8 to an SE2 rather than the 7.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Not all consumers want the larger screen size. Neither my wife or MIL will buy a screen size bigger than the SE.

Apple could certainly add features from the 8 to an SE2 rather than the 7.
    I agree that not all consumers want the bigger screens, but it seems that the news here is an iphone for $159.99. the smaller screen size, to me, seems like secondary news.

Feedback Score
    I agree that not all consumers want the bigger screens, but it seems that the news here is an iphone for $159.99. the smaller screen size, to me, seems like secondary news.
    The SE2 will not be $159.99. You are looking at $400 to get into that phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tcnorthstars View Post
    The SE2 will not be $159.99. You are looking at $400 to get into that phone.
    Straight Talk has a history of subsidizing / discounting the iPhone SE. Even at $400 its way more affordable than The X or the 8. To me, thats the headline here. But Apple seems to keep emphasizing that they made it because of a demand for 4 inch phones, not because of a demand for a cheap iPhone.

If people buy it because they appreciate a smaller phone, I have no issue with that. I will agree that it is much easier to navigate with one hand than the Plus sized iPhones. It just seems to me if I were Apple, the headline would be "Affordable phone!" "Lowest Price" not "4 Inch Screen". But Apple is free to choose to market their wares as they see fit. I just tend to look at price before anything else

Feedback Score
    ST is normally within $200 of the Apple retail price point for older iPhones. Newer iPhones are closer to the Apple price point.

Apple was reluctant to release the SE but did so after people complained and refused to upgrade to the 6 or 6S. Apple promotes the most profitable iPhones which are not the cheapest iPhones.

In December an SE with a retail of $249 had a a $250 gift card offer from Sam’s Club if purchased on postpaid installment.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 8 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Been hearing a new se may be coming out. Has anyone else heard that also?

If one comes out with band 71 (won't hold my breath) I would definitely get it. Always liked the se style
    Is this a reference to the improved SE (that looks like the current SE) or the iPhone X SE?
    I know the former is possibility but something about the iPhone X SE is floating around, as well..

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    it would be out sometimes this year. From idrop news

Phone
    Apple iPhone 6 , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It just seems to me if I were Apple, the headline would be "Affordable phone!" "Lowest Price" not "4 Inch Screen". But Apple is free to choose to market their wares as they see fit. I just tend to look at price before anything else
    Hardly anyone who puts price first puts Apple on their short list. Not when you can buy prepaid Android phones for under $50. As mentioned in the other current SE thread here, Apple is not interested in making a sales proposition out of "affordable" or "lowest price". Apple doesn't sell on volume, they sell on cachet. Lower prices are apparent (and relative).

Walk into a BMW dealership. There's no banner outside touting the 2 series as their cheapest ride. If you can't afford a 3-series or 5-series, the salesperson will nudge you toward a 2 (or their used-car lot). Even then it may not be in your price range, but it's what they want to offer. There's no value to their brand in comparing their product to a much cheaper Nissan or VW.