Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Makes You Stay With AT&T?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

What Makes You Stay With AT&T?

I saw this topic in the Verizon forum and thought it would be a good topic for the AT&T forum.

I just came back to AT&T after a 2 year stint with T-Mobile (4 months) and Verizon. I was with AT&T for 15 years prior. I left due to a lack of Unlimited Plan at the time.

I chose AT&T because:

1. Unlimited Plus allows for HD video streaming with Stream Saver off.

2. Call Protect is free. Verizon charges $2.99 a line for a similar feature. I was tired of the spam calls. At least we can report them.

3. More reliable than T-Mobile in my area and equal to Verizon. AT&T is the best service provider in Massachusetts (statewide) according to Root Metrics.

4. Can turn on Caller ID block from the settings in my cell phone. You can’t do that on an iPhone with Verizon.

5. Full use of your data plan in Canada.
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    iPhone X Space Gray 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is my first time having AT&T. I moved from Verizon after being with them for 8 years. In my area, AT&T is more reliable, faster and I don't get dropped calls in my apartment. Verizon was good with a rural area I lived in prior to moving to the city. I'm not up there that often anymore so there's no reason for me to have it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    2016 MacBook Pro| 2 GHz Intel Core i5 | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD
    iPad Mini 2 16GB Space Gray | iPhone 7 256GB Matte Black | Galaxy S7 32GB Black | AWS 1
    RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Don't leave out ATT's native simultaneous voice & data. No need to rely on Verizon's sometimes flaky VoLTE any more.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X Space Gray 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Don't leave out ATT's native simultaneous voice & data without having to rely on Verizon's sometimes flaky VoLTE.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    I don't get that with my S8 because it's unlocked.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I stay with AT&T because they are the #1 Network all over my state (Oklahoma). I rarely ever have issues with the network. I also find them to be far more reliable than Verizon and T-Mobile. AT&T has the most dense cell grid here as well.

Speeds are pretty good, too. Just ran a test and got 166 Mbps DL, 64 Mbps UL.
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was with ATT (and predecessor companies) for about 20 years. Planned for a trip to Australia, so changed to T-Mobile before the trip because of their international plan much better than the way overpriced (at the time) prices.

T-Mobile had a few small dead spots causing dropped calls, so I switched to Verizon before the trip. Verizon had better coverage than ATT did for me (and VoLTE worked great for me).

But during the last year their coverage in my work building dropped. Frequent drops to 3G data, which was poor. So I switched back to ATT last November. Coverage still not as good out of town as Verizon, but more consistent speeds in my workplace. And ATT pretty matched international coverage for my future UK trip if I don't decide to get local SIM.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm running TMobile postpaid (planning to switch it to their prepaid to save), Verizon prepaid, and at&t prepaid.

What I like about att lately, good coverage, pretty fast data and good reliability overall. It often hangs with TMobile in the speed department (not quite as fast for me) and rivals Verizon in most spots for coverage so it's a nice blend.

Plus the price of att prepaid is cheap for how i use it

I used to find at&t way behind TMobile in the speed department and even the lte availability but that seems to have leveled out some

If I had to pick one complaint about at&t it's the post paid price plans but I'm on prepaid so it's null n void in my case. Other than that there's some good stuff I do like
    Last edited by themanhimself; 02-04-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We switched to AT&T a almost a year ago after being with T-mobile for 8 years. While T-mobile was good for us and worked well, they rural coverage was killing us. We dealt with it all that time and finally just made the switch. I have enjoyed it and have been cruising through our unlimited data like hot cakes since we have LTE everywhere we go. I don’t rely on WiFi as much which is nice in my book

Feedback Score
    I have a unique situation. I work in data centers and buildings with no native cell coverage. Just about all of these places have AT&T repeaters. Some have Verizon repeaters. I only know of one place I go that has repeaters for all 4 carriers.

Sent from my SM-T350 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, H2O, Straight Talk, Net10
    Feedback Score
    I have tablets. Contract-free $30 "unlimited" data that works everywhere (at least in the SFBA) brought me back.
    Nexus 4 on Net10/AT&T
    Samsung Tab S2 SM-T817T on T-Mo

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have AT&T prepaid as my primary line with Verizon as a backup. My main reasons for staying with AT&T are the amount of data for the price, coverage, and having simultaneous voice and data over 4G and LTE (still waiting for VoLTE on prepaid).

Feedback Score
    We switched from Verizon to AT&T when the child went off to college where AT&T was the ONLY thing that worked on campus and much of the surrounding area.

AT&T works as well as Verizon around here so there is no reason to switch back to Verizon after they graduated. AT&T actually has more consistent data speeds. Verizon can be horrible at some times and places.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was a diehard Palm Treo and Sprint guy and in 2008 I just couldn’t resist the hype and curiosity at the time so I bought an iPhone 3G and an AT&T line as a 2nd line to play with iPhone. It took a few months but eventually I ported my number to AT&T and made the iPhone my primary line and haven’t looked back since.

In 2015 I was able to switch into an unlimited international data plan which I still have because it suits my needs. In 2016 I switched my home internet to AT&T Fiber 1000 and their U-verse tv and added most of my family on their unlimited plus plan. They all love the service and I love the bundle savings so pretty happy with the service and price right now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The $20 ($22 with tax) iPad unlimited add on helped bring me back. Something caused my data usage to skyrocket (I'm blaming some iOS bug, it isn't happening anymore).

But it was a BIG hassle to come back. Mistakes made. Activation fees. And of course every time you call they try to convince you to sign up for Direct TV. I'm more likely to cut back on TV coverage in the future, since I've cut back on "cable" channels I watch except during college football season.

I was supposed to be able to get "free" HBO streaming, but with all the hassles I never got around to activating. Worry that it may cause billing issues for another couple months.

Feedback Score
    Where I travel onlt AT&T or Verizon service works without gaps in coverage. I chose AT&T because it was not CDMA.

Pricing is better with AT&T with FAN discount, $25 TV credit and $10 combined billing discount. Our 7 UL lines works out better than a comparable prepaid plan. I dropped my hotspot and use my phone when I travel.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast