Thread: voicemail dials wrong number...

Phones
    Black/Orange Boost 730.
    i860
    Feedback Score

voicemail dials wrong number...

i just did a flip flop on my two phones... i put my number on my mom's i730, and her number on my i90.

now.. everything is workingfine... but it says I have 2 voicemails... and when i call the voicemail thru the mseg softkey button, then dial voicemail, it starts to dial my mom's phone... and not my own

there is no "voicemail" stored in contacts... and under my info, the phone says it's my number, not my moms..

how do i get it to dial my own number instead of the old number on the phone...

and when we did a flip flop.. i did a master reset on the phone.. in case that was an option... unless i should try again..

tia..
    ~ nemo

Phones
    1.i930 Main. 2.i860 Antenna Broke :(
    3.i730. Backup1..charge phone 2
    4.i90c LED modz<-Backup2 5.i60<- Charge phones 1&3
    Carrier
    NEXTEL/Boost ... Using more net now...Gotta drop nextel
    Feedback Score
    Make sure your call forwarding options are set correctly. I've hade some problems with this before. It should be set to dial your area code/your prefix/MAIL. So if your # is 212-555-1212. Call forwarding options should read If busy/If No answer/If unreachable 212-555-6245. Do a master reset after making the changes. Also if the system does not allow you to make the changes you need to call NEXTEL. *YUK*

Phone
    Siemens SX66
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The easiest way to reset the voicemail calling # is to leave yourself an urgent voicemail. To do that you call your own # leave a message, floow the prompts for more options or whatever sounds like that, chose the urgent option. As soon as the message gets to your phone, the # is reset.

Phones
    Siemens SX-66
    Nextel i860
    HS850
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    What he said ,, just leave yourself a message. when it notifies you, # is reset

Originally posted by NXTLMAN
    The easiest way to reset the voicemail calling # is to leave yourself an urgent voicemail. To do that you call your own # leave a message, floow the prompts for more options or whatever sounds like that, chose the urgent option. As soon as the message gets to your phone, the # is reset.

Phones
    Black/Orange Boost 730.
    i860
    Feedback Score
    thanks guys... it worked... it also could have helped that when i switched plans the guy didn't put voice mail on the phone...

so yeah it's owrkin now... thanks alot.

Phone
    i95cl
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    i hate to reopen this thread for discussion but i just have had no luck with getting my phone's softkey to dial the correct voicemail number. It is dialing "+11248670xxxx" instead of "1248670xxxx" i don't know why it is dialing the "+1" before it, but i tryed sending myself an URGENT message but that had no effect. Master Reset didn't change it either. I don't know what else to try. Can anybody help me?

Phones
    HTC HD2
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪ @Home
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by akadan217
    i hate to reopen this thread for discussion but i just have had no luck with getting my phone's softkey to dial the correct voicemail number. It is dialing "+11248670xxxx" instead of "1248670xxxx" i don't know why it is dialing the "+1" before it, but i tryed sending myself an URGENT message but that had no effect. Master Reset didn't change it either. I don't know what else to try. Can anybody help me?
    Is your 0 key stuck or are you pressing it in anyway? That makes the + sign.

Also why are you dialing "1" first? On a cell phone you don't have to. Try just the area code and number 248-670-xxxx and see if that works.

Phone
    Nextellular Celly
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    call CS

Phone
    i730
    Carrier
    nextel
    Feedback Score

voicemail dials wrong number...

Hi akadan217,

I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one with the wrong number being dialed with the softkey. I haven't yet found a solution, but if I do I'll post it here.

Bernie

Phone
    i730
    Carrier
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    I just went through customer support and they fixed the problem after just 25 minutes. Call the 1800 number and they should be able to get it fixed.