Thread: My Cell Binge Comes to an End at the T610

Device(s)
    N95
    Carrier(s)
    Vodaphone
    Feedback Score

My Cell Binge Comes to an End at the T610

Not a regular contributor on the site…But I felt this story was worth telling in a little more detail…

My 6 month binge of cell phones brings me full circle. Now I’m not really a big cell junky a geek maybe…. I had a t68m for almost a year and a half. Upgrading the firmware twice, I always able to get a lot of use out of the little thing. But the day came that I realized I couldn’t deal with the sluggishness and reception issues any more. I needed to move on from my t68(i). <----(t68 “m” converted to “I”)

Here’s a list of the phone’s I indulged in along the past several month binge, and what I liked about them and why I didn’t keem’em:

P800: Revolutionary phone, amazing features (UIQ), crappy look, pretty bulky, and memory stick duo sucks! Memory stick duo availability issues/$$$ and fragile screen made me move on….The phone just didn’t feel right and I wasn’t ready to shell out big bucks if the screen broke….

S55: What the T610 should have had for features. Great reception, user updatable firmware, SPEAKERPHONE!, good size, decent communications suite. But. I couldn’t use the keypad at all. Had a lot of problems dialing on this phone. The build quality of this phone also seemed kind of flakey. Posted it on BST after a month….

6610: Great reception, speakerphone, fm radio… Sound quality issues. No Bluetooth, battery life could be better…Not a bad phone. Now my wife’s phone, she seems pretty happy.

3650: I was really excited about this phone. Amazing Series 60 os, endless list of features/ programs, very nice camera/camcorder and great reception. MMC card mad me like this phone more than the p800. This phone is fugly though; the build quality is like something out of a cereal box. Not to mention the one day battery life and the round keypad not only sucks to look at, it’s hard to dial. At the end of the day I got rid of it because it died on me. While I was waiting for a replacement, I dusted off the old t68(i)…. I realized how much I missed it. This influenced my next decision…

T610: When this phone was first released, to tell you the truth I didn’t like it much. I didn’t really like the design and it seemed to be light on the features. I was most upset with the fact that it didn’t include a speakerphone…I also didn’t want to pay/play beta tester for Sony Ericsson. Tired of that game. Now that I own one, all I can say is wow… This little device is a hell of a cell phone. Good balance between form and function. It feels solid in one’s hand and can be easily dialed single-handedly. The user interface is impeccable. Simple, yet functional. Sony Ericsson has mastered the art of Bluetooth and the Headset. The fact that Bluetooth does not need to be on full time to work with a Bluetooth headset almost makes up for the lack of speakerphone…..Almost... The reception issues that I was worried about, really aren’t that bad… I should have had a little more confidence in Howard’s review. This phone is exactly what I have been looking for, ironic that my quest brought me full circle back to Sony Ericsson and the T610. To each their own I guess….

-vespa

Device(s)
    moto E398
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Welcome home vespa! im glad you finally found what you are looking for and equally glad you found it in the t610.

like you, i have a phone that pretty much suits my needs to a tee. the issues that have been discussed are non issues for me. what i really love about this phone is its ability to easily customize. its like having a new phone everyday

*check the stickies for a wealth of information on the T610, have fun

Device(s)
    SE K850i (R1FA035)
    Carrier(s)
    O2 U.K.
    Feedback Score

Wink

I'm also a T68 user and am about to get a new phone, but am debating whether to go for the Moto V500 as it's got a better screen/camera res and Mp3 ringtones or the T630 'cause it's what the T610 shoudv'e been but wasn't.
    I'm being more swayed by the T630 though as I also own a Mac and find SE sooo compatable with it !!
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." - Oscar Wilde.

--------------------------------------------------

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i (blue)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    MacGooner, judging by what other Mac users have reported... if youre using a bluetooth-enabled Mac (even if its not BT by nature, its an easy process) then you HAVE to go with the T610....

those Mac guys get some really amazing stuff! I would say its definitely worth a shot to take a look at it.