Thread: coverage in Key West, FL?

Phone
    i600
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question coverage in Key West, FL?

I'm heading to Key West next week for business/pleasure and was wondering how the coverage is. I'm getting my i600 tomorrow and will need digital coverage so can anyone confirm this is available down there? Thanks!

Phones
    HTC Incredible (VZW)
    Motorola Droid A855 (VZW)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 (VZW) (inactive)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless,
    МегаФон Москва (exp.)
    Feedback Score
    I'm 80% sure that it's digital down there, but my dad had no trouble with his StarTAC 7868 (tri-mode, admittedly) a few years ago. I can't imagine that Verizon would leave that market untouched by digital, considering it would be rather lucrative (a tiny high-class secluded island? perfect!).

Feedback Score

KEY WEST COVERAGE

Coverage is quite thorough throughout Key West proper, as well as the various islands and highway to-from Miami. I've sailed 7 miles offshore (southwest to south to southeast) and had no problems.

inothome Guest
    I just passed Key West on a cruise ship and I had full bars. We were pretty close not sure of the distance but you could see Key West no problem. This was 1x by the way, I sent pix from the ship. We had a helicopter land on the ship when we were near Key West, a crew member had a heart attack(not good).

Phones
    iPhone3GS - iPhone3G - SE Xperia X1 - iPhone3G - Fuze - iPhone3G (ATT)
    BB8830 - BB8130 - i760 (VZW), iPhone - Nokia E90 (ATT)
    BB8703 - A990 - BB7130 - XV6700 - LG9800 - I730 (VZW)
    Carrier
    VZW, ATT
    Feedback Score
    We own a house on Cudjoe Key, and I had bought ALL of the family Sprint phones. We get down there and NOTHING. When I got back up to VA. I dropped the Sprint phones off right outside their door and walked away...right into Verizon! Why? The whole time we were down there my wife's Verizon phone worked flawlessly. You should have NO problems at all!

Phone
    i600
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to using my i600, miniSync USB cable and unlimited NationalAccess plan as a modem for my laptop while at a conference at the Hilton. The geek factor is rising to a fever pitch.