Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Numeric Paging

Phone
    T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Numeric Paging

Some issue came up and i thought i should start this thread.

I called Cingular CS and asked about the numeric paging. Why?
    Well I call a few of my friends and supposedly on T-Mo and AT&T voicemail there are options for people to leave a numeric page.

SO I called my own number to see if I hear a numeric page option in the voicemail? NO.

So i called CS. I even opened my Cingular account (online) and saw that NUMERIC PAGING was one of the features that was there on all of my 3 lines (1st line = Aug '02, 2dn line = March '03, third line = sep '03).

So why is it there in my account if I can't use it. Its better for me 2 receive a message with the page of the person who called me rather than having to retreieve voicemail (thats hyst my opinion).

Any thoughts on this issue? Or is it that once more Customer Service can't give me a correct answer as to why no one can leave a numeric page for either of my three lines.

regards,
    Chris

Phones
    Sanyo VM4500/5500
    Motorola V60i
    Motorola StarTac 7797
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

that's a good question...

I'm thinking of switching over from AT&T, and I would like to know the answer to that. I use my phone as a "pager," and numeric paging is very important to me.

JT

Phone
    Samsung x427
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    on mine a person has to press 5 during your greeting and then it gives option to leave a numeric page. in your greeting you will need to say that so your callers will know how to leave a page.

i know it's a pain

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In Atlanta the option is #4. Does the same thing.. sorta... as option #5 in the rest of the country.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Solavei
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In NJ, for me it is option 6.....I guess it varies by market. Just try all the numbers until you hit the right one.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Phone
    T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    tried them all. No avail. I am in the NYC area. I have the daym feature and it still doesn't work. I tried
    3,4,5,6,7,8,9 .

No matter what key I press, it always takes me to my voicemail recording beep.

Any ideas.

Joalesh and/or kilo since you 2 r the only cingular reps i know here maybe you can answer this question for us folks in NYC.

I'm not sure that the deal is.

regards,
    Chris

Phones
    FUZE
    Formerly 8525, 6682, 3600, 3650, 6340i, 3360
    OnStar (WORST voice recognition!)
    Carriers
    Cingular/AT&T (and formerly Cell One) since 1990.
    Feedback Score
    Check some of the admin options in your vm settings. It's called "Cut-Through Paging" up here. I had to reactivate it a little while back after they did some vm maint.

Phone
    T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by struff
    Check some of the admin options in your vm settings. It's called "Cut-Through Paging" up here. I had to reactivate it a little while back after they did some vm maint.
    no avail. I called CS and they told me that the only way someone can actually get paged is if my VM is full. OR I can make use of the numeric paging if and only if my i buy enhanced voicemail (which is a bunch of bull if you ask me). Why should we have to pay for something that everyone else gets for free this is insane.

Here in NYC, Cingular uses T-MO and T-Mo has ability to send page, fax, data, along with voice mail.

This is B U L L S H I T.

chris

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hmph, my Cingular voicemail actually has the lady saying "to send a numeric page, press 5" at the end of my greeting.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

1-800-856-6122 Cingular Backdoor Numeric Page

If you want free numeric paging, you could always give out the toll free number 1-800-856-6122. It is supposed to work on all Cingular systems. Here in Atlanta the numeric page does not count toward your text messages, but that could be different in other markets.

1-800-856-6122
    Last edited by Barry ATL; 12-09-2003 at 01:18 AM.

Phones
    Palm Treo Pro
    Celio Redfly Mobile Companion
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by nokia_guy
    Here in NYC, Cingular uses T-MO and T-Mo has ability to send page, fax, data, along with voice mail.
    I know there's a fax option buried somehwere in the T-Mo menus but I'm yet to hear of anyone who has used it succesfully (I'm really curious as to its function).

Regarding your comment that "Cingular users T-MO" - Actually, Cingular is sharing tower space with T-Mobile but is still routing through its own network - and, of course, the voicemail systems are 100% separate.

In NYC (as everywhere) T-Mo customers don't get proper voicemail indicators on their phones - they get a single SMS when a voicemail comes in - and the SMS indicator goes away when they take the time to read the message, not when they check their VM. On Cingular (as with pretty much every other carrier) the VM indicator is illuminated so a quick glance at the phone should tell you (a) you have messages waiting, and (b) how many unheard messages are in your box. Now there's a difference that favors Cingular :-)

Feedback Score
    Barry, Thank You! I have been posting on this board trying to figure out how to send numeric pages to my phone and get rid of my pager. You just saved me $50.00 a month in Skypager service!
    I owe you a cold one if your ever in Chi-town!
    Thanks Again,
    Ron.
    Last edited by wymi; 12-09-2003 at 12:21 PM.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The info came from a leftover website from BellSouth Mobility. I use the site to send text messages because it does not put in the extra characters for TO: FRM: MSG:

Some of the site is no longer functional, but the messaging part still works. Also, the paging info came from the instructions on the site.

http://www.blswe.com

EDIT: The cingular.com site requires you to put in a callback and some other crap. The blswe.com site only requires a phone number and the message. It will look like a message that is sent from another Cingular phone. Since my messages always seem to be long winded... I need all the extra characters I can get.
    Last edited by Barry ATL; 12-09-2003 at 12:37 PM.

Phone
    T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Now that i know how to send a numeric page, can I actually make my phone forward calls to 1-800-856-6122 instead of their voicemail number?

regards,
    Chris

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can... just set up the forward/no answer to go to that number.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast