Thread: Samsung charger for LG phone?

Feedback Score

Samsung charger for LG phone?

I unfortunately left my vx3100 charger at home. I found someone who has a Samsung phone on the Verizion network. Their travel charger fits into the slot on my phone, but their is no indication that the phone is charging. Does anyone know if it will work? (The battery still has some life left, so the phone is ON.)

Phones
    T730
    VX4400
    KY7135
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sometimes it will, mostly it will not. I had one customer come in swearing that the samsung charger will work, and he did demonstrate it to me. Then I tried that trick with different customer and it did not work. If shows no indication of charging then assume that it is NOT charging.

Phones
    Nexus 5, HTC Incredible 2, Eris GB, Ozone , Moto Q9c, V750, K1m/V3m, Q & L6i GSM, E815m
    unlock/debranded SE Z750a/i, Moto i740, Nokia 3555, LG VX8100 & 4500, Mot V60s, LG VX4400/B & VX3100
    LG TM510, Samsung A310, Mot Timeport/Startac, QCP 860/700, Nokia 2160, Mot DPC 650 & Microtac XLT
    Carriers
    T-Mobile 4G LTE, AT&T, China Mobile HK
    Feedback Score
    The Samsung travel charger will work with Samsung phones (mobile charging slots) and fit the LG's phone's mobile charging slot. However, it will not work because the pins are different between the LG & Samsung. The typical LG travel charger will work between the VX1, VX10, VX3100, and VX4400 (and maybe the TM510). Using the LG for the Samsung or vice versa could damage your battery (hopefully, won't explode) and possibly damage the phone itself. I've once hooked up the quick vehicle adaptor for the Samsung to the LG 4400, it fit but won't charge at all.

For the LG, if the message phone charging is displayed on the LCD screen, then perhaps it will charge it - and if not, you can be sure it is not even trying to charge the phone's battery.
    4G LTE & Unl. Text, Opera Mini/Skype w. WM6.5 & WiFi access, Goggle Mobile Maps/GPS. On the Job: UHF 5W Duplex HT DTMF-PL repeater (backup: 800Mhz Motorola & Nextel portables) - private 900Mhz alpha-numeric paging net for 24/7/365 Incident Command - Is your "Go" Kit ready? Mass Transit Tips: "If you see something, say something - Call 911 !"