View Poll Results: Verizon Roadside Assistance or AAA?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon Roadside Assistance

3 25.00%
  • AAA

9 75.00%

Thread: VZ Roadside Assistance vs AAA

Feedback Score

Question VZ Roadside Assistance vs AAA

I'm starting a new job which involes a lot of driving and have never had any sort of roadside assistance before. Any opinions on which I should get (my company will pay for my verizon bill, so if I choose verizon's I don't have to pay for it). I don't think I will be needing AAA other services such as trip tick, but maybe someone could change my mind.

Feedback Score
    No one can help me out on this? I really don't know which to go with.

Phone
    Blade
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am not going to vote because I havent tried the Verizon service.

I do know AAA gives you several other benifits.
    If your traveling you can stop in an AAA office and get free maps.

Phones
    vx8100 (back again!)
    LG Venus (sold)
    vx8100
    Carrier
    Verizon (previously Sprint & Nextel)
    Feedback Score

AAA

I also have not tried VZW's service but am a member of AAA for 4 years. I like their service and would recommend it, have used the free maps many times, as well as free traveler's cheques and discount movie passes. Good to know they are always there for a tow / unlocking your car as well. Good luck with your choice.

Phones
    treo650
    razr
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    In some parts of the market, verizon's road side service is by the same people that also does AAA.

In my particular region, it's not..

My experience so far, is that i have experienced faster responses with verizon's road side service. They kept me informed on when the guy was coming, how far away, and estimated time of arrival. With AAA, i waited.. and waited... and called to check...

The only benefit i see with AAA, besides the member discount, will be the maps...

Phones
    vx8100 (back again!)
    LG Venus (sold)
    vx8100
    Carrier
    Verizon (previously Sprint & Nextel)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if it applies in your area or to you because your company is paying for VZW service, but AAA members sometimes receive a 5% discount on their montly plan. That could bring the annual cost of a AAA membership down to ~$10, depending on your plan price of course.

Phones
    Motorola E-815
    Moto E-815
    LG VX-5500
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Although AAA offers more services than just roadside, they can be VERY particular about who's name is on the card and showing them your card. For instance, if you have a AAA card in your name, a family member who breaks down, even in your car cannot get service, they will insists on payment on the spot. On the other hand, the Verizon offered service, as well as the AT&T service, will take care of things with just your cell number and name on the bill, (wifes, family, included). In my experience, the dispached truck was also a AAA truck, ie. they contract with some of the same carriers. Total dispatch time 20 miles outside of a city with a pop of 22,000 was 45 minutes (as promised). I assume that AAA might have more contract stations but cannot verify this. If you use any of the other services offered by AAA then the extra $2.00/month will pay for itself.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for the input. I don't believe my state is one that offers the AAA discount on the Verizon bill (Ohio). I might end up going with AAA just for the extra benefit of the maps.