Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: for all those trying to port numbers

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Orange
    Feedback Score

for all those trying to port numbers

Dont order service anywhere but a store....go to a person who knows what he/she is doing and let them port your number, get your equipment there and THATS IT

that way if you have problems, you can go to the source instead of griping that you are getting the runaround....of course youre going to get the run around if you talk to 5 people from different divisions who have no idea whats going on....

It was all over the news.....every major TV station advised people to wait, but if you didnt want to wait than go to a store with your bill, because thats the best way to do it.

6 out of the 6 ports I have done went through within 48 hours with NO problems.....because they came to me with their bills and I was able to get the port done properly.

Just a word to those who have had troubles and to those who are considering porting......GO TO A STORE WITH YOUR BILL AND 99.9% YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    I think people would just rather complain.

Whether it's a port in or a port out eveyone blames at&t for the hold up even though they have no proof, even though other carriers have reported problems and port times of a few days, even though it was reported that sprint was having major problems.

I wish everyone would just shut the hell up! It was reported everywhere that there maybe problems and that the port time that the FCC set was not going to be met at first, yet everyone seems to have ignored that and decided to be the first person on their block to port.

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    I would have loved to order my new phone and port my number over at an ATTWS store. However, they said they can't match the prices of the phones that I saw online. I saved $100 by ordering via phone because they matched the web prices. I was also planning on waiting a month or two before porting, however my antenna on my old phone broke the weekend before Nov. 24 so that sped up my timeline a bit.

If ATT hadn't told me that things would be smooth and that my new phone would be ready in 24-72 hours I wouldn't have complained. If they anticipated some problems all they had to do was tell me up front and I would be happy right now. I spoke to 3 different people at ATTWS before I placed an order and all 3 told me I'd have my new phone in hand and working in 72 hours at the latest. It's been 7 days so far and I still don't have it.

I have my old phone bills too, all they had to do was ask and I would have read off anything they wanted to know, by the letter if they wanted me to. They didn't ask me anything about my old bills. The bottom line is that they told me one thing and didn't back it up. A CS rep today told me they never should have said the things they said before I ordered a phone but IMO it's too late for that. This is my first experience as an ATTWS customer. Needless to say they made a terrible first impression and I'm already considering cancelling with them and I haven't even received my phone yet.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: for all those trying to port numbers

Originally posted by ibclubbin
    Dont order service anywhere but a store....go to a person who knows what he/she is doing and let them port your number, get your equipment there and THATS IT

that way if you have problems, you can go to the source instead of griping that you are getting the runaround....of course youre going to get the run around if you talk to 5 people from different divisions who have no idea whats going on....

It was all over the news.....every major TV station advised people to wait, but if you didnt want to wait than go to a store with your bill, because thats the best way to do it.

6 out of the 6 ports I have done went through within 48 hours with NO problems.....because they came to me with their bills and I was able to get the port done properly.

Just a word to those who have had troubles and to those who are considering porting......GO TO A STORE WITH YOUR BILL AND 99.9% YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS

Just for the record, I DID GO TO THE STORE, WITH ALL THREE BILLS, and NONE OF THE PORTS WENT THROUGH FOR OVER 9 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

One port from cingular to verzion went through last night, a total of 9 days and 4 hours to be exact, but the other two, going FROM AT&T TO VERIZON still haven't gone through.

AT&T has repeatedly responded to my requests to port with a "MDN not portable" response, forcing verizon to resend the request. I'm in market #78 of the top 100 MSA's (knoxville, TN) and so my numbers are deffinately portable. In at least my case, AT&T IS MESSING UP MY PORT, there is no question about it.

I seriously doubt that I am in the 1% that has had a problem even though they brought in their bill to the store to get the port done.

The sad truth is that AT&T is delaying my port process for some reason, whether that be intentional or not. Did I expect it to be done in 48 hours? no, but I didn't expect it to take over 9 days! This is ridiculous, plain and simple.....
    "Yes Lord! Walking in the Way of Your Truth, I wait eagerly for You; For Your Name, and Your Renown, are the desire of my soul."
    <><
    - Jason Markley
    AIM: markley268laptop

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ya' know... I'm okay with it taking awhile since the process is new. I am on Day 5 of a port-in from Verizon to AT&T, which is stuck. I'm even OK with calling the porting center, and having the message say 'we're too busy even to put you in queue, call back later".

What I just got was over 45 minutes on hold with the porting center, only to be finally told that "The system is updating", and they cannot help me at all, and to call back in 2 hours. THAT is wasting my time, that is SPECIFICALLY an AT&T issue, and is entirely preventable, by closing the hold queue if no one can be helped.

Device(s)
    Audivox XV6600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Systems updating

"systems are updating" is ATTWS speak for "computers are down"

TG

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I placed an order on the AT&T website to port from Cingular. Is there a way to just cancel that order? Status is just "processing" for 2 days now...

And also, would it work the same way if I get an AT&T line with a new number, and then request a number change and tell them to port my Cingular number then (maybe wait till all this craziness is over)?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Just wait a while, with ATT's systems acting up and all of the port requests, things are a mess

Device(s)
    LG VX4400 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon AC500
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by backermann
    Ya' know... I'm okay with it taking awhile since the process is new. I am on Day 5 of a port-in from Verizon to AT&T, which is stuck. I'm even OK with calling the porting center, and having the message say 'we're too busy even to put you in queue, call back later".

What I just got was over 45 minutes on hold with the porting center, only to be finally told that "The system is updating", and they cannot help me at all, and to call back in 2 hours. THAT is wasting my time, that is SPECIFICALLY an AT&T issue, and is entirely preventable, by closing the hold queue if no one can be helped.
    And yet you STILL want to leave VZW to go to ATT? Read the writing on the wall, and bail while you can. It'll only get worse.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've certainly rethought my decision, but since my wife's number is in limbo at the moment, I've got to complete the process.

Now on Day 6, I've finally gotten through to the Port Center, and actually gotten someone who was moderately effective, I hope. After over an hour with her (most of that on hold), she got me 'unstuck', confirmed with Verizon, and supposedly moved to the final stage of the port, when she came back with "I need a call back number for you... the tech is working on the last step".

So, an hour later, she certainly made me feel better, but the port STILL is not finished... maybe soon.

Or maybe it was all BS, and I'm still stuck

We'll see if anyone calls back.

Device(s)
    vx6100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i know just how you feel. i'm currently sitting on hold waiting for attws to pick up - i'm already on the line w/ verizon.

an attws person already told me that he worked w/ tech support and got everything cleared up, but a call to verizon does not state that this is true.

i hope things do indeed work for you. what does the vwz automated checker say?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T port checker hasn't changed since my conversation with the porting center - it either shows "an error has occurred, try later" or "Request Sent", depending on when in the day I try. The AT&T porting center rep I spoke with said the port status is now Confirmed.

As a port-in to AT&T, I didnt realize I could check a VZW port checker... where is it?

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by backermann
    The AT&T port checker hasn't changed since my conversation with the porting center - it either shows "an error has occurred, try later" or "Request Sent", depending on when in the day I try. The AT&T porting center rep I spoke with said the port status is now Confirmed.

As a port-in to AT&T, I didnt realize I could check a VZW port checker... where is it?
    where is the port checker for ATT? All i;ve been able to do is call the port admin group and try and get to a real person. I didn't realize ATT had an automated system that we could check....

ps-- the port checker for VZ is 1-877-567-4899

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II LTE, iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Deathstar
    Feedback Score
    The main reason why ATT is being such idiots about porting is due to the fact that they are the ONLY provider that chose a seperate company to handle all the porting. ALL of the other providers are using the same company as a middle man to deal with the porting.

ATT in their infinite wisdom had to be difficult.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo Pro
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Over a 10 day process porting from AT&T to Cingular, I came to learn some do's and don'ts of the process. I've already posted my experience to the Cingular forum:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=253209

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast