Thread: how to check status of number porting ?

Phone
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Question how to check status of number porting ?

Is there a way to check the number porting status from Sprint to T-mobile ?.

Also has anyone been able to port from SprintPCS to T-mobile successfully yet. How long did it take.

Thanks

Phones
    BB 7105t
    MPX220
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm still waiting... and its been 8 days (192 hours and counting)
    I am the stone that the builder refused
    I am the visual, the inspiration
    That made Lady Sing the Blues...
    I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
    The same spark that lights the dark
    So that you can know your left from your right...

Phones
    Moto v300
    Moto v60
    Moto Timeport
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

porting from Sprint PCS

My first port request was submitted Nov. 26, and I am still waiting. I finally asked to get a temporary number today because I'm leaving for Europe next week and I need my v300 to work. The bad part about doing that is the port request has to be RESUBMITTED now.

I have noticed that the hold times are MUCH shorter now. I can get to the porting dept in about 2 minutes. Before this afternoon I had logged over 7 HOURS of "Talk" time on my mobile.. every second spent talking to TMO.

In TMO's defense it does seem that Sprint is dragging their feet. TMO has excellent CS, I've even received a few calls from them concerning porting status.

611, 1 1 3 3

-----------
    Moto V300: if it were CDMA, it would be perfect.

Phones
    SE T610
    SE T68i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sprint -> TMO. Started: November 30th. Ported December 9th. IN the meanwhile both my fones (sprint and TMO) worked. I suggest you keep calling CSR once everyday.

Best part of the deal, got the phone during the after thanksgiving sale. Got T610 for 99.99$, got free Jabra BT 200 and a FREE 27" COLOR TV. I sold the TV to my friend and made 50$. I luv the fone. Great thing, i just cant get my hands of it.

Phone
    BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The first time my port didnt go through due to my information on the request was wrong, after updating the info that was supposively on my sprint account and resubmitting it, it took right under 24 hours, and also when we submitted my girlfriends it took them about under 24 hours to tell us hers was not eligable (from sprint).

Phones
    Sony Ericsson W715
    Samsung E900 (ret.)
    Samsung D500 (ret.)
    Carriers
    t-Mobile, Verizon(00-03)
    AIS Thailand (prepaid)
    Feedback Score

call this #. Ask me how I know.

877-789-3106
    This is the number portability # at T-Mobile. You don't have to call the general #, get put on hold, then get transferred to this # and then get put on hold again. I don't know what people are talking about in terms of hold times. I've called the number portability # for the past 5 or six days in a row and I've had to hold a minimum or 45 minutes each time. Max. 1 hour, 10 minutes. Verizon is usually less than 5 minutes.

I requested my port on Nov. 30. At first it was mismatching info between the two providers, Verizon and T-Mobile. But now the computers are stuck and no one can do anything. I was told it will take about another week for the tech people to unstick it.

The reps are really nice and all. But I still haven't gotten my number ported to T-Mobile yet. So 12 days for me, with another 7 possible left.

Just pray this isn't happening to you.
    ICQ# 3653225

Phones
    Nokia 3650
    Nokia 3589i
    Nokia 6310i (backup)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was informed today that if the port takes over 7 days then you are eligible for a $35 credit. I am waiting 6 days from AT&T and they state that the request is done. Not sure why it has not completed yet though.

Phones
    Sony Ericsson W715
    Samsung E900 (ret.)
    Samsung D500 (ret.)
    Carriers
    t-Mobile, Verizon(00-03)
    AIS Thailand (prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Yes you do get a $35 credit after waiting more than 7 days. I'm not sure exactly when it happened but it was around 7 days, I got a phone call on my old phone, which is still working since the number didn't port yet, and it was a recorded message from T-mobile said becasue of the 7 day or more wait they were crediting my account with $35.

While any credit is nice, waiting indefinitely is no fun. I would have rather had my number port within a day than to get the $35 and wait 2+ weeks.

Phones
    iPhone
    Dash
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: call this #. Ask me how I know.

Originally posted by dko3tgk
    877-789-3106
    This is the number portability # at T-Mobile. You don't have to call the general #, get put on hold, then get transferred to this # and then get put on hold again. I don't know what people are talking about in terms of hold times. I've called the number portability # for the past 5 or six days in a row and I've had to hold a minimum or 45 minutes each time. Max. 1 hour, 10 minutes. Verizon is usually less than 5 minutes.
    Even though when you call this number it says "you have reached the Number Transfer Center", you still are just talking to a regular rep who can't do much except check number availability and start a number port. In order to find out the details of why a port isn't going through, they will transfer you to the actual porting group that can research it and start a trouble ticket for you. That is where the hold times run in excess of 30 minutes.

Unfortunately I don't think you can access this group directly. One CSR I spoke with said you can only be transferred there. Sounds like a load of BS to me, but what can you do.

Phone
    HTC Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all your replies.

I called the number mentioned above a few times.

Had trouble getting the number initially but got it transfered finally.

Going from SprintPCS to T-Mobile

Error was "Information does not match". They finally found that account number does not match. What sprint printed on my bill ("-4") at the end of account number is not really there in their system.

thanks

Phones
    Motorola I95cl (IDEN)
    Motorola V120 (CDMA)
    Sanyo 4000 (CDMA
    Carriers
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Most of the port center calls are originally routed through Customer care. Customer care can usually give a quick status check on their end, review port history, or read memos left by the transfer center. Then if there seems to be an issue that they cannot resolve, they will transfer you directly to the NTC. Hold times are usually depending on time of day, mostly you are looking at 45- 1 1/2 hrs to get through. Another good thing too is not to call from your cellular phone. Call from a landline. Just in case you get disconnected while waiting on hold. I have seen this alot. The person after 45 mins waiting on hold gets to speak to us at the NTC, they start explaining their story. Talks about it has taken a week, they had to resubmit request,she needs her number for work. Then Click, either got disconnected or battery died before they can give us a callback # .

Phone
    AT&T TILT
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was given the number to the T-Mo. Port dept of (877) 207-8169. So far I have been on hold for 1 hour, 42 minutes to speak with somebody about status.

Is there a better number to call?

Phone
    AT&T TILT
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by chix
    I was given the number to the T-Mo. Port dept of (877) 207-8169. So far I have been on hold for 1 hour, 42 minutes to speak with somebody about status.

Happy ending... 2 minutes after I typed this, they answered. Very friendly T-Mo rep answered and verified some items.

She said my status is "Concurrent". Great news she said. That means all she has to do is type a few things to make the port complete!

While I was on the line, the confirming text message came up:

OTA OK
    Then a 2nd text message:

Welcome to T-Mobile your number is 703_ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Wala! I tested and can receive and place calls with the preferred number.

Instantly my AT&T phone is dead (luckily it is an unlocked Nokia 6310i which I still plan to use.

Even my AT&T Online Customer Service is locked up!!

All I had to do was reset my voice mail greeting.

2 day port time is not bad at all, esp. from AT&T.

I asked btw, what if I did not call just now. She said my request was in a que to finalize and it likely would have been done later today.

Have a great weekend!

Phone
    Siemens S56
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    You have to be on top of them if you want your porting to happen as quickly as possible, especially if it's not done within 2 days.

They told me that it may take up to 10 days.

There was an error initially but I had to call them to find out about it after several days and for them to resubmit the request.

Then they told me it would take 2 more days. So I waited 2 days but nothing happened. Called the porting # but was automatically re-routed to a non-porting CSR (little did I know until reading HoFo) who just read the screen and told me that it would take another 2 days. Problem was, their screen didn't show any errors, only that it would take 2 days.

I told them that I already waited 2 days but they kept insisting it would take another 2 days and that there were thousands of ports being processed. Waited another day, called them and again, they said it would take 2 more days!!

Waited another day and luckily, after finding out that I wasn't talking to the porting CSR's all this time even though I called their porting #, I immediately asked them to route me to the porting dept and that I would wait however long it took.

It turns out that they successfully got the # from my previous provider but had a question I needed to answer before continuing on. And I wonder how long it would've taken them to contact me. All in all, the process took 1 week and apparently kinks still need to be worked out in all this whole process.

In summary, make sure you're talking to the actual porting CSR if you want to get anything resolved.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by chix

Calling this number will bypass regular customer service and throw you right into the que for tier-2.