Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ceo Of Verizon Is Back So Put Down All Your Rants And I Will Take Care Of Them Here:

Device(s)
    LG 510
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Talking Ceo Of Verizon Is Back So Put Down All Your Rants And I Will Take Care Of Them Here:

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Get rid of CDMA and I will be happy.
    Follow me on twitter

I don't fear god. If it existed, it would fear me.

eimajuno's HoFo Feedback 100%+

Device(s)
    LG 510
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    CDMA is newer technology then GSM just GSM is so popular in europe.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    GSM is better. I do not here of any world phones that are CDMA. And GSM has the SIM chip and that is a giant plus because it keeps the smae information in it no matter what GSM phone you use. GSM sounds the best too.

Device(s)
    Samsung GSV, LG Volt, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    sith lords use gsm phone

Feedback Score

Get Rid of those Hippy ads

I will never buy verizon do to their Hippy ads, they are basicly saying if your not a hippie, and believe the V means verizon then dont buy from us. They never show people who arent hippies, and i am not, so i guess verizon isnt for me. What i hate more is the 3300 minutes ads, its 300 peak and 3000 off peak.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    :: Dork with glasses steps off the plane onto European soil::

Can you hear me now?... Hello?...

Device(s)
    Nokia 8390
    Carrier(s)
    Voicestream Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Go out-of-business.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What's wrong with CDMA? GSM is worse at hand-offs than TDMA is. CDMA will at least route your call to three towers to prevent that. Just because it is a worldwide standard doesn't mean it's the best. And GSM can't roam into Analog when there's no service available. I had ATT GSM for a while and my phone said "No Service" more often than anything else. My wife had Cingular and had the same problem. Voicestream is too broke and in debt to get any better without using Cingular's towers and will probably be bought out by ATT or Cingular anyway. This all, of course, is just my humble opinion and is not an invitation for a debate.

Device(s)
    Samsung GSV, LG Volt, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i have found that gsm users seem to become irrate and irratoinal when cdma is mentioned because their old set standard has been threatened by and is being replaced by a newer superior standard.
    My awareness flows through the rivers of existence which pulse with the vibrance of my thoughts.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8390
    Carrier(s)
    Voicestream Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's not superior. GSM is a world standard for a reason, and we all know that Europe is more advanced than the US, so there must also be a reason why they chose it. GSM has better sound clarity too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    dude, what sort of justification is that? maybe they chose it because their countries are so small people travel all the time between countries so they wanted something more standardized throughout. in the US you can travel a thousand miles without leaving the country, in europe if you cover a thousand miles you might cross over 3 or 4 different countries. same reason they travel by train so much, while in the US amtrak is like, dying and we fly everywhere. is train travel superior because they chose it??? GSM may have SIM cards, but that's pretty much its ONLY advantage. CDMA beats the hell out of it, and even more out of TDMA which is crap. just because europe chose it doesn't mean it's the best. look at japan, they have the most advanced electronics in the world and they use CDMA. so does korea. i wish all US carriers were cdma.

Feedback Score

I Want a Good Bluetooth Phone

Verizon Man -

Can you give me a decent HANDSFREE bluetooth experience with an Ericsson or Motorola Bluetooth Headset that works on your Express Network?

Device(s)
    HTC TyTn II (AT&T version)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by aiwapro
    It's not superior. GSM is a world standard for a reason, and we all know that Europe is more advanced than the US, so there must also be a reason why they chose it. GSM has better sound clarity too.
    Europe chose to standardize their mobile phone standard a few years before Qualcomm was able to sell CDMA commercially (I believe they were tied up because CDMA's origins trace back to military applications in WW2), so without CDMA, their TDMA hacked GSM solution was the most viable one.

The European market is entirely different than the North American market and though it is true that their mobile phones are much more advanced, IMHO it's atttributed to the fact that Europe didn't invest as much capital into traditional wireline phone services. It made more sense to develop their cell technology because wireline phones are and still are relatively expensive.

IMHO, GSM's only advantage are that EU countries chose to standardize upon it, and SIM cards.

Like it has been repeated before, GSM's major disadvantages include:
    1) lack of backwards compatibility
    2) requires new infrastructure to be laid out with every major upgrade (2G --> 2.5 G --> and on and on), notwithstanding of couse Qualcomm's GSM1x solution which gives some of CDMA's spectral efficiency and compatibility to GSM networks...

My 2 cents...
    ... a little RF never hurt anybody

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    To sum it up Verizon SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast