Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: A56>C56 conversion

Device(s)
    HTC Magic, Touch HD
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

A56>C56 conversion

I heard that you can convert the A56 into the C56 by flashing the C56 firmware onto the A56. Is this true? where can I find the C56 firmware? Will my phone still work if I flash C55 firmware onto my A56?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: A56>C56 conversion

Originally posted by blackice168
    I heard that you can convert the A56 into the C56 by flashing the C56 firmware onto the A56. Is this true? where can I find the C56 firmware? Will my phone still work if I flash C55 firmware onto my A56?
    what are the major different between those 2 firmwares...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido,
    Feedback Score
    i dont think this is possible, man, the C56 has a different keypad arrangement and it adds on GPRS, there's gotta be some extra chip required for that or something.... best of luck but don't hold your breath, dont be surprised if you toast your A56 trying. In any case you can probably get C56 firmware right from Siemens, as they encourage users to download f/w and flash their own phones.

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Cool Possible!!!!!

It is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keybord doesnt metter, it the same bottons
    I just flashed my (Fido)A56 to (Rogers)C56, unlocked
    Workes beautifuly - polyphonic ringtones, woice recording, Java, GPRS.
    Ask If you need any info.But dont do it if you are not sure what to do!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Magic, Touch HD
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I have the cable all i need now is the firmware and maybe the steps to doing it.

Can you please post the steps to upgrading the a56?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Cool if you could post a link to the flash file needed that would be appreciated Sting...

If it's too big to post and you need a place to host it, PM me and I will upload it for people to get it...

BTW is the firmware Rogers branded or just Siemens branded? How did you come across it? - copy from a Rogers phone or download somewhere?

LOL I've been googling for the last couple of days in my spare time to no avail.
    ** WARNING **
    Please use PM to communicate with me on B/S/T sales. There are people pretending to be me via e-mail with false addresses. I will gladly reply via the account "kekko" on HoFo and "kekkosan" on eBay to verify myself. When someone says they are person-x via e-mail, they could in fact be anyone so it's up to you to confirm who you are dealing with.

HoFo | eBay

The views expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Sting I'm sure do it, and need the files; firmware and eeprom from C56 you can send me? please!!! [email protected] or upload in a website!!

P.D: in extension *.FLS if you can (read whit freesiemens.exe)

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    OK all information I used.Use it if you really knaw why and what are you doing!
    1)Download this RAR(PDF inside) file - it's instruction for A55>C55 conversion in russian but with perfect pictures, step by step(don't miss any).
    2)Download this C56 fullflash & eeprom in RAR as well.

You'll NOT need EEPROM included in download 2 - you'll use your own EEPROM blocks, read with Siemens EEPROM Tool!

Follow the instructions do exectly the same steps: in FREIRA software your phone selection should be A55!!!And C55 when it will be needed!!!! but use your C56 fullflash not the flash you can get by the link in PDF file.
    All other programs (two) you download using links inside!

If you have any problems with understanding russian I can help.... I just did not want to translate all text but pictures are intuitively easy to understend.

I had some difficulties using Freira in WinXp Pro SP 1a so I did writing in Win ME.But XP can work for you.

I have All that stuff on HD so I can e-mail it to you if links do not work.

If you need WinRar I can mail it to you or give you some link but don't be laizy use some GOOGLE.WinRAR 3.2 + crack

Good luck!
    Last edited by Sting; 01-06-2004 at 11:00 PM.

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Corection
    1)I used Siemens EEPROM Tool v.2.2.1 insted of v2.2(it workes better pinging your phone few times)
    2)After you press INIT botton, press on/off bt ones shortly

Other
    I use aftermarket cable from the Pacific Mall(thank you guys who first discovered that spot) made on PL-2303 USB to Serial Bridge Controller.New drivers for it can be downloaded from here
    Last edited by Sting; 01-07-2004 at 12:41 AM.

Feedback Score
    I'm worry siemens EEProm Tool not work, stay scanning port all the time, I'm sure my cable is bad , somebody whit diagram electric for build?? or eeprom file in extension *.FLS?

Sting help me!

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Question

I'm worry siemens EEProm Tool not work, stay scanning port all the time, I'm sure my cable is bad , somebody whit diagram electric for build?? or eeprom file in extension *.FLS?
    Sting help me!

Did you push on/off while scanning?
    Phone should be off while all procces!
    What cable do you have why do you think it's wrong?
    Is com port selected correct?
    Does cable work in other programs?
    Last edited by Sting; 01-07-2004 at 02:47 PM.

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by kekko
    Cool if you could post a link to the flash file needed that would be appreciated Sting...

If it's too big to post and you need a place to host it, PM me and I will upload it for people to get it...

BTW is the firmware Rogers branded or just Siemens branded? How did you come across it? - copy from a Rogers phone or download somewhere?

LOL I've been googling for the last couple of days in my spare time to no avail.
    Flash is Rogers Branded, I found it with help of one man at siemens-club.ru!(big THANKS to him)

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I encountered a problem after loading the C56.fls... phone won't boot up now. For step 7 in that eeprom program, is it delete or save? I clicked save because it was outlined in red, but the delete button is highlighted in the program, which one is it Sting?

BTW reverting to my A56 flash is ok so I think it's maybe something else inbetween I missed...

Feedback Score
    QUOTE Sting [

Did you push on/off while scanning?
    Phone should be off while all procces!
    What cable do you have why do you think it's wrong?
    Is com port selected correct?
    Does cable work in other programs?

]QUOTE Sting

1. YES!
    2. YES!
    3. I make!!!!
    4.YES!!
    5. YES, whit freesiemens.exe, I read firmware and EEprom from my A56 and create both in extension *.FLS no problem

The freesiemens.exe also write firmware and eeprom but this files must be *.FLS

Sting if send you the soft you make a backup (firmware and eeprom) in extension *.FLS form you C56 for me??? or somebody??

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    2kekke
    /phone won't boot up now/
    You have to read your EEPROM blockes form your A56 fullflash first
    I'll Tranlate few Steps, I think you had no problems with flashing with Freia
    1.Charge you acc fully!
    4.Save blockes of EEPROM(67,5005,5007,5012,5093) using Siemens EEPROM Tool:
    #1#Choose COM-port
    #2#Conect the phone,enter Service Mode(Press INIT botton)
    #3#Read all EEPROM blockes(load all bt)
    #4#Choose 67,5005,5007,5012,5093 blocks of EEPROM
    #5#Copy blocks to the left side(<= bt)Picture is not really correct becouse you'll have all blocks in right side list and 5 in left.
    #6#Mark(choose) all five blocks
    #7#Save blocks,any name in *.eep format
    #8#Exit Service Mode
    8.Write EEPROM blocks wich you've read From your backup A56 flash.
    #1#Same
    #2#
    #3#Load saved blocks
    #4#Choose that blocks
    #5#Copy blockes to the right side(>= bt)
    #6#Mark them on the right side
    #7#Save only marked blocks to the phone
    #8#Exit
    Your phone should boot after that and it will not boot after flashing only.
    Last edited by Sting; 01-07-2004 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast