Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: A56>C56 conversion

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by daikinhy
    skyswoopx I'm sorry here it goes again

http://www.s86947218.onlinehome.us/A55toC55(allsiemens)v3_a.pdf

Your link doesn't work

P.D: where are you from???????

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score

Re: Possible!!!!!

Originally posted by Sting
    It is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keybord doesnt metter, it the same bottons
    I just flashed my (Fido)A56 to (Rogers)C56, unlocked
    Workes beautifuly - polyphonic ringtones, woice recording, Java, GPRS.
    Ask If you need any info.But dont do it if you are not sure what to do!!!

Sting my question is; can it done for cingular wireless as well.
    Cingular a56 to cingular c56

please respond. also which cable is best usb or serial?

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Arrow

2hchishtie
    It doesn't metter you still will unlock your phone during prosidure so you will be able to use any other provider's chip as well.
    Cable: I use USB and it's OK and many people use serial and I don't think they have ahy problems. Just look for A/C/M 55.Around 30$ in Toronto. If you are from Toronto go to the pacific Mall.Find topic 'M55 data cable' on this forum.

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    I got the cable of the ebay for round 10 us $. I will get it in few days and then will do the conversion.Sting the only hting that is not clear to me is that are you using teh freira prog. or somethign else to flash the phone. And one more thing. What is teh percentage of completely toasting your phone in this procedure?

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Freia v. less than 8 (7 maybe)
    You have link inside PDF!!!!!!!!!!!!Use that Version!Why not?

Around 1%(accident) if you've read this topic completely and your hands and head are oK

Feedback Score

a56 to c56

Originally posted by skyswoopx

hey Sting!!

Your links seems to never work

can u try posting again with Fido a56 to Rogers c56 files

and would u have the English instructions....to perform the procedures

Thanks
    Last edited by skyswoopx; 01-13-2004 at 12:15 AM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    STING....THANK YOU! It works....................... =) =) =) =)

Just so Sting doesn't have to bother activating GPRS on his account, I have just successfully converted my A56 to C56 following the PDF instructions, and can confirm it works WELL.

( Where I went wrong before was with the selecting of the items in the eeprom reader program - didn't realize they needed to be highlighted in blue).

Thanks for the help Sting!

GPRS works great with the Fido settings...

----- copied from another thread -----
    rename to fido wap
    homepage: wap.fido.ca
    session mode: permanent
    connection security: off
    data bearer: GPRS
    GPRS connection: when needed
    GPRS access point: wap.fido.ca
    IP address: 205.151.011.011
    authentication type: normal
    login type: automatic
    user:fido
    password:fido
    (remember to once again activate this GPRS account)
    --------
    I used the same IP for both primary and secondary, and left all else as the default except where information differed...

If there are lots of people on here with the cables and phones that really want to do this but are running into difficulties, I may write up a proper doc and host the files for an easy to follow instruction...PM me if you fall under this category. All in all, the information provided in this thread should suffice though. Remember if you follow the Read first write second as in the PDF, you can always GO BACK to an A56 if you mess it up somehow...this is your BACKUP.

Speakerphone works good too...so obviously the hardware for the A56 and C56 are identical...

I haven't tried the rest of the rest of the things in there, but it seems absolutely identical to the C56's I bought from futureshop on boxing day. It even boots up saying welcome to Rogers AT&T, etc. It's amazing you can add all those features and all just with a flash cable. Makes the phone worth all that much more.

Now if I can only toast all the Rogers AT&T crap off the boot screen etc.... any thoughts?

polyphonic sound, voice recorder and speakerphone work perfect

about GPRS I now that icon tels you nothing , but now I just have no time to do that.
    But i think it should work because somebody would mention somewhere about any difference between original...........

I'll try to activate later and you can try to convert.

It's possible to go back anytime and there are few more reasons:
    *ringtones that you can record or download with cable
    *and java applets(progs and games) wich you can write using data cable as well.
    This reasons were main for me because my sister doesn't use wap and I have M55.
    But except color screen and size of memory I do not see big difference btween M5x and C5x
    you can PM me your mail if you want and I'll write you as soon as I'll do it but I don't wanna promise anything.
    And try to ask other people who did it.

Good Luck!

PS I tried to apply graphic pathches: I drew new background for clock using SiemensPictureChanger. Lookes much better than original!!!
    ** WARNING **
    Please use PM to communicate with me on B/S/T sales. There are people pretending to be me via e-mail with false addresses. I will gladly reply via the account "kekko" on HoFo and "kekkosan" on eBay to verify myself. When someone says they are person-x via e-mail, they could in fact be anyone so it's up to you to confirm who you are dealing with.

HoFo | eBay

The views expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

2kekko I did it too (GPRS) I just sent PM to AU_rulz as confirmation.
    About Rogers logo:
    Delete files from folder named 'Provider Logo' or something like that and you'll get Brand Siemens on and off logos.

Same hardware, different software, really diffirent functions - all this meens that siemens is cheating people.
    But we are smarter
    And we still like SIEMENS!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well fellas, looks like my provider decided those couple files were drawing too much bandwidth and killed my webspace...

Either that, or the server is just dead... So as of right now, the files will probably be unaccessible... if anyone needs them pm me an ill email it over...I might toss it up onto BTI's webstorage later today...

Feedback Score

a56 to c56

About Rogers logo:
    Delete files from folder named 'Provider Logo' or something like that and you'll get Brand Siemens on and off logos.

Same hardware, different software, really diffirent functions - all this meens that siemens is cheating people.
    But we are smarter
    hey Sting!!

can u try posting again with Fido a56 to Rogers c56 files

and would u have the English instructions....to perform the procedures

Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    anyone know if there's an alternative model that can be used to unlock a C56? Ive downloaded Freia and All Siemens Unlock and they both dont have C56 in their unlocking list.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Moto G 2nd gen, SE W810i w/K750 back case
    Carrier(s)
    Chat-r
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Success!!!

It's my first time unlocking my phone and first-ever flashing/upgrade and it all worked!!!

A big THANKS to Sting for providing all these instructions, and also to Gaunt_911 for your encouragement and more software goodies!

And to all those who are still stuck on deciding whether to do this upgrade or not... well, it's completely worth it! I followed Sting's instructions and it all came through without a hitch! Give it a try!

About Rogers logo:

But we are smarter
    So, my question to you all is: How can I access the Provider logo bit? With which software?

Also, well, Siemens isn't really cheating us: they did themselves a favour by making one group of hardware that'll function as two different phones for two price ranges. Hey... at least Siemens didn't overcharge us on the price of the A56.

Oh.. one more thing... Could somebody please help me with the GPRS bit on Fido? I've input those settings but they didn't seem to work...

THANKS!

CHEERS!!!

Mosquito_R
    Last edited by mosquito_R; 01-14-2004 at 10:38 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You can use Freia V. 8 and just select the C55 instead...that should work fine...

If not, then search for i believe its called Siemens Service Toolbox. A one click unlocking program for both a56/a55's and c56/c55's.

Gluck

Edit: As for the provider logo, you must enable your phone with the java enabler and then use Siemens Data Exchange Software to access it.

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

2 mosquito_R
    First: to browse your phone as a disk useQuick EEPROM Features 3.3
    Check box Enable DES but if you wanna you can check other ones:
    >Disable aerocheck - disables request for making records' copy from SIM to Adress Book after change of SIM card.
    >Enable DevMenu Activation - Enables Developer Menu wich you can ecces by pressing '#' button in MENU section.
    >Enable Band Selection - ...........
    After DES activation instal DES v.267(2.9Mb) or Siemens Data Suite(31Mb)
    Than you should access phone easily but I still have problems with this: phone conection often sucks and I have to reboot phone or even computer sometimes.But still, I can operate files even if it takes time.
    v_Clay workes very good.
    GPRS:
    GoTo:
    Menu/Setup/Connectivity Check GPRS BOX;
    Menu/Setup/Connectivity/Wap/profiles/
    Chose Profile Rogers or empty one - Edit;
    Chose Profile Name - type,save;
    Wap Parameters - edit, 1st IP:205.151.011.011, 2nd IP - doesn't metter(emty) Port: 9201 HomePage: your favorite
    Save Exit
    GPRS Settings
    APN wap.fido.ca
    Lgin Name: empty
    Pass: empty
    Save
    Goto
    ......./Profiles
    Select your new profile.Enjoy!
    Last edited by Sting; 01-15-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Device(s)
    K750i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Question

kekko
    If there are lots of people on here with the cables and phones that really want to do this but are running into difficulties, I may write up a proper doc and host the files for an easy to follow instruction...PM me if you fall under this category. All in all, the information provided in this thread should suffice though. Remember if you follow the Read first write second as in the PDF, you can always GO BACK to an A56 if you mess it up somehow...this is your BACKUP.
    Just wondering .....
    Are there some replies?Will you make good english documentation?
    It would be great!!!!...if people could read all info in one place
    And for guys reading everething without a clue or being too lazy to do it. And no more repiting questions!!!!!
    I could do it to but my english is not perfect and people should understand the guide

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast