Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: A56>C56 conversion

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    just bumping 4 everyone to see!

Device(s)
    HTC s621
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (I refuse to call it AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I'm a noobie and I don't know what I'm doing. I'm scared to do this, but I wanna do it bad. If I could only trust someone and pay them to do it...

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Sting
    Freia v. less than 8 (7 maybe)
    You have link inside PDF!!!!!!!!!!!!Use that Version!Why not?

Around 1%(accident) if you've read this topic completely and your hands and head are oK

Sting/Everyone else
    I got the cable and i am ready to flash it. The only hting bugging me is that, hwere to use the full flash of C56. If you will be kind enough just type in teh steps what i have to follow. I think i have the jist of what i am supposed to do but a little confused with what to do with C56 full flash.
    THX

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hchishtie, check your p messages

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Use freia on the full flash file, then write the necessary componenents of the EEPROM...

People say you can do it with the eeprom flash in freia but that has never worked for me and im the one that created these files. but you do what you want.

Personally i just used the siemens eeprom writer and wrote in those exact blocks that are enumerated in the russian document.

Gluck

Device(s)
    nokia 6200
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Post interesting link C55

Hey this thread is extremely interesting, I've ordered a serial cable from ebay b/c of it. I thank you for the info.

I found this site, http://free.bol.bg/c55/ , which talks about patching the C55 and more, but I dont know if these tricks work for the C56. I've sent him an email. I'll keep you guys posted.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately those patches do NOT work for the C56, as the eeprom blocks are a bit different. Some may, but you can very easily mess up the eeprom on ure phone...nuttin a backup cant fix but whatever.

What you can do however is to find the address of what to change is to open the eeprom file in a hex editor and search for the "old" bytes in it, then you can make your own patch file. However, if its a single bit change, chances are you'll be hard pressed to find which one it is on the C56 as there are a lot of bits that are the same.

I did that to invert my lcd screen and it worked fine, but that one was fairly easy....

Have fun...dont kill your phone fellas

Device(s)
    nokia 6200
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Inverted LCD!? Do you mean the colors!?
    That sounds really cool man, could you please send me the patch for that??

Feedback Score
    BUeno aqui les va en espańol, los pasos tal y como los postea sting no tiene pierde, revisar el purto y dar click en it para el EEPROm an no problem!!!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Magic, Touch HD
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Did you first have to do the crc patch then the inverted screen patch?

if u dont mind can u sent the patches to me...or a back-up of ur firmware?

Originally posted by ProzacBob
    Unfortunately those patches do NOT work for the C56, as the eeprom blocks are a bit different. Some may, but you can very easily mess up the eeprom on ure phone...nuttin a backup cant fix but whatever.

What you can do however is to find the address of what to change is to open the eeprom file in a hex editor and search for the "old" bytes in it, then you can make your own patch file. However, if its a single bit change, chances are you'll be hard pressed to find which one it is on the C56 as there are a lot of bits that are the same.

I did that to invert my lcd screen and it worked fine, but that one was fairly easy....

Have fun...dont kill your phone fellas

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Finally i got the cable in today after 3 weeks of ordering. But now wehn i am trying to flash it the spftware is waiting for phone to power on. I pressed the power button but it did nothing. Does it mean i got a bad cable?

Device(s)
    Moto G 2nd gen, SE W810i w/K750 back case
    Carrier(s)
    Chat-r
    Feedback Score
    Please check your settings again, make sure the proper COM port is selected. Also, your SIM card should be out.
    If you got one of those cables with charging ability, please try not to charge the phone while doing the flash.

Hope this helps... and all the best!

Mosquito_R

Device(s)
    VX9400
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by hchishtie
    Finally i got the cable in today after 3 weeks of ordering. But now wehn i am trying to flash it the spftware is waiting for phone to power on. I pressed the power button but it did nothing. Does it mean i got a bad cable?
    Hey, let me know if you get it to work out... I may do this sometime, but I'm gonna need a lotta help doing it. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Motorola V551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    I tried all the ports but i cant get any connection to the phone. I know my ports are fien as i sue them for my palm pilot. I even tried on my other but no luck. So i am assuming i am also a victim of bogus data cable of the ebay.
    I might have to find a place where i can buy hte workng cable. But here in this town in Alabama we dont have any stores that would cell stuff like that. I know a cell phone palce in our flea market. Maybe he can order soemthing.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6620
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I dont know if u tried this already but remember...A serial cable (at least thats what ive found with this siemens one) has to be active upon Boot...so as much as this sounds like a messed up solution...Have you tried rebooting with the cable plugged in?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast