next monday i will buy the sharp GX-20 Swisscom/Vodafone. I have a couple of questions about this phone:
1. I have read in this forum that the phone have 2MB memory for Pictures, Videos, Games...and another memory for 200 SMS and MMS.
Is this realy true? The review from www.xonio.com say it can only save 50 SMS and there is 1.3MB for Pictures and 0.7MB for MMS.
2. I know you can't send pictures over IrDA to other handy. Is it possible to reseive some pictures?
3. Can I visit other WAP sites, instead of the vodafone live portal? Is it possible to see normal html-sites and how?
4. Can I load some JAVA-Apps on the phone? If yes, where can found this programms and how can instal them. I think the way over IrDA is blocked, how the games...
I know these are many questions
. I'm sorry for my bad english.
Thank you for the answers....
Last edited by swiss student; 12-27-2003 at 03:49 PM.
1. not absolutely sure about this one but it seems the memory is dynamic so you can use all 2mb to store only pics if u want (ie. no restrictions like only 1.3mb for pics, 0.5mg for games, etc.) so basically u can use the 2mb however u want.
2. can't send/receive pics thru irda from other phones (which makes it a bit pointless i guess). can only use irda to send/receive to/from computer.
3. yes, i can visit other sites. i don't even have a voda sim in my phone but be wary that u need to enter the GPRS/MMS settings manually for carriers other than voda. voda settings are already built in.
and i don't think it can display normal html... gets all jumbled.
4. games can only be downloaded thru WAP/GPRS... if u have voda sim, vodafone live has best games for this phone. otherwise there are other WAP sites... some free (but crappy games) others not free.
and at the moment theres no way to download/upload games to/from PC.