Thread: how much does shaw internet and cable TV cost together? their website sucks

Feedback Score

how much does shaw internet and cable TV cost together? their website sucks

my parents are currently paying $40ish a month for just basic channels and tier1...(up to channel 36ish)

peeps are telling me they are paying $60ish a month for basic cable, fairchild, talent vision, and high speed cable internet.

is that right?

can someone please list some prices for me? shaw's website is useless. they only list their super expensive packages they want you to purchase.
    HERE'S MY NONSENSE, MY TWO CENTS IS FREE....hehe

Kids.....they should be hooked on phonics, not hooked on chronic

my feedback
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=36002

Phones
    Q10 (active)
    Z10 (retired)
    Bold 9900 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: how much does shaw internet and cable TV cost together? their website sucks

Originally posted by turbo_slug
    my parents are currently paying $40ish a month for just basic channels and tier1...(up to channel 36ish)

peeps are telling me they are paying $60ish a month for basic cable, fairchild, talent vision, and high speed cable internet.

is that right?

can someone please list some prices for me? shaw's website is useless. they only list their super expensive packages they want you to purchase.
    According to the information found here, you have several options available to you.

[ ] Bundle 1* - ~$40
    Basic Cable
    + High Speed Lite Internet

[ ] Bundle 2** - ~$56
    Basic Cable
    + High Speed Internet

[ ] Bundle 3** - ~$75
    Full Cable
    + High Speed Internet

*Price does not include applicable taxes or installation fee of $29.95. Cost includes rental of Cable Modem.
    **Based on purchased Cable Modem - rental options also available. Prices do not include applicable taxes or installation fee of $39.95.

To see what the difference is between Basic Cable and Full Cable, click here for Van-City listings.

Those bundles mentioned are for analogue service, if you wish to step up to Digital Cable, then these two digital bundles are available.

[ ] Total Entertainment Bundle** - ~$76
    Full Cable
    + US Superstations
    + Digital Music
    + Pay Per View Access
    + Movie Central
    + High Speed Internet
    + Shaw On Demand

[ ] Total Home Bundle** - ~$87
    Full Cable
    + US Superstations
    + Digital Music
    + Pay Per View Access
    + High Speed Internet
    + Shaw On Demand

*Based on purchased Digital Cable Terminal - rental options available. Prices do not include applicable taxes or installation fee of $29.95.
    **Based on purchased Cable Modem & Digital Cable Terminal - rental options available. Prices do not include applicable taxes or installation fee of $29.95.

I'm not sure how Shaw Cable Systems work, but I know for a fact that if your parents are interested in seeing Fairchild they must have Digital Cable Service, plus Fairchild itself has ~$20 subscription fee. Actually, I just confirmed it, according to this, Fairchild is ~$19 and as I stated, only available via Digital Cable.