Thread: Can A Sprint Phone Be Used In Another Provider??

Phones
    iphone
    i760
    v620
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Can A Sprint Phone Be Used In Another Provider??

MY QUESTION IS IF I CAN USE MY SAMSUNG SPH-A620 (VGA 1000) PHONE FROM SPRINT WITH ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER LIKE VERIZON, AND IF SO CAN I CHANGE THE FIRMWARE SO I CAN WRITE "SMS" MESSAGES??

Feedback Score
    Sprint PCS phones are only made for Sprint. You might be able to program one for another carrier but chances are it will be crippled on the new provider. So basically it's a no.

Phones
    Palm(One) Treo 650
    Palm(One) Treo Wireless Headset
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Verizon will activate a Sprint phone if you can provide the MSL. Voice services should work but data, ie Vision will not work at all.

Phones
    HTC Mogul
    LG Fusic [X]
    LG PM325 [X]
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS;
    Feedback Score
    My first day back and I already need to yell at people. Please do a search before posting this question, it has been answered every month for some odd number of years now :P

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy cheap
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Verizon will activate a Sprint phone if you can provide the MSL. Voice services should work but data, ie Vision will not work at all.
    Is this for real?

If I go in to a VZW store with my A620, they will say, "Hi, sir. Would you like to setup your phone with our best network?"

I don't think so.

Phones
    Palm(One) Treo 650
    Palm(One) Treo Wireless Headset
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by william83
    Is this for real?

If I go in to a VZW store with my A620, they will say, "Hi, sir. Would you like to setup your phone with our best network?"

I don't think so.
    Say what you want, but many people claim to have gotten it done. Verizon's not as strict as Sprint when it comes to activating the other carrier's phones. If you don't believe me, fine, I'm not going to argue. But ask around the Verizon forum.

Phones
    N95-3
    Nokia 6102i
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Say what you want, but many people claim to have gotten it done. Verizon's not as strict as Sprint when it comes to activating the other carrier's phones. If you don't believe me, fine, I'm not going to argue. But ask around the Verizon forum.
    its true, here in CT one of the stores actually tells their customers to go to best buy and buy a sprint phone if they are still under contract because they are "cheaper" i had one customer come back to me insisting that i was trying to rip her off by not giving her the MSL since she owns the phone. she wouldnt belive me that customer service will not just give out a lock code and i warned her of that before she bought it, but verizion insisted it would be fine.