Thread: What's the cheapest method of shipping with tracking # from Canada?

Phones
    Sony Ericsson P910i
    Sony Ericsson T68i Mineral Grey
    Ericsson T39m
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

What's the cheapest method of shipping with tracking # from Canada?

I'm about to go through with my first ebay transaction (with me as the seller) and im just wondering what is the cheapest method of shipping (ie. lowest cost for ME) from Canada WITH tracking number. Should I go with Canada Post or Fedex or someone else? Thanks.

Any tips for selling stuff on ebay would be great too.

Phones
    AUDIOVOX 8900!
    SONY ERICSSON T206
    SAMSUNG A520
    Carriers
    Telus
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Canadapost is pretty cheap. But, their tracking numbers are completely useless. They take about 24 hours to update. With purolator, they take about 10 seconds. I donno its up to you.

Phones
    Q10 (active)
    Z10 (retired)
    Bold 9900 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: What's the cheapest method of shipping with tracking # from Canada?

Originally posted by dtemplar
    I'm about to go through with my first ebay transaction (with me as the seller) and im just wondering what is the cheapest method of shipping (ie. lowest cost for ME) from Canada WITH tracking number. Should I go with Canada Post or Fedex or someone else? Thanks.

Any tips for selling stuff on ebay would be great too.
    Where are you sending to?

If it's within Canada, XpressPost is quick and cost-effective. If it's to Yankeeland, uhm... Oh, looks like they have an XpressPost Yankeeland too. In conclusion, XpressPost.

For eBay, you don't really need real-time tracking. Pretty much just need it to show people proof that the package left your house and arrived somewhere, in case a dispute arises.

P.S. XpressPost is a product of Canada Post.

Phones
    nokia 6310i
    nokia 3595
    Carriers
    fido.ca
    Feedback Score
    For eBay, you don't really need real-time tracking. Pretty much just need it to show people proof that the package left your house and arrived somewhere, in case a dispute arises.

yep, i agree with this.

it only costs $1.00 to get a tracking number for any parcel and this includes insurance up to $100. it is incredible how many dickwads on ebay charge some crazy amount like $4.00 for insurance for an item within the $100 value.

edit: hmm, seems canada post changed this. they only offer "confirmation of delivery" and it doesn't say how much it costs. it's sort of like a tracking number and it does come with insurance up to $100.
    http://www.mailposte.ca/personal/off...features-e.asp

Phones
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Nokia N93 Black (Finland)
    Carriers
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    i remember sending a package to montreal thru 3-day mail and it only cost me around $10 CAD...