Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to remove Sprint logo from front of phone ?

Phone
    Sanyo RL2500
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Question How to remove Sprint logo from front of phone ?

What has anyone used to remove the Sprint logo from the front of their phones ? I tried nail polish remover and nothing happen.

I am happy with Sprint and their services, not to sound like a jerk, I just don't want to advertise for them. That's not in the contract.

Thanks

Carrier
    AT&T / MetroPCS / Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why bother ? Who the hell would want to spend money on a phone and then try to remove something off of it by adding chemicals to it ? For christ sakes just go buy a cover for it.

Phone
    Sanyo RL2500
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do you take the price tags off your clothes after you buy them ? I'm sure you do. So, you bought clothes and now you might rip the fabric taking the price tag off !!! " For christ sakes " relax guy, it's a phone. Im not someone who needs a brand name carrier on my phone for all to see to make me feel good about me.

It's a simple question

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    scratch it off i mean its only a 300-400 dollar phone who cares..so when you buy clothes say a nike shirt do you try and remove the nike symbol from that too?

Phone
    Sanyo RL2500
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    In maybe 2 years this " 300-400 dollar phone " will be worth crap.

It's just a phone, and it is the phone that I have and use daily. But, it's just a phone. I am sure that all of you have personalized your "300-400 dollar phones" with different screensavers, ringers, ect. well, I don't want the Sprint logo on the outside of my phone. How is this hard to understand ?

and, well, sorry if my phone doesn't mean as much to me as it does to you guys. It's just a phone.

If you don't have an intelligent answer don't reply, duh

it's a simple question, you guys don't have to be jerks.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Batman722
    Do you take the price tags off your clothes after you buy them ? I'm sure you do. So, you bought clothes and now you might rip the fabric taking the price tag off !!! " For christ sakes " relax guy, it's a phone. Im not someone who needs a brand name carrier on my phone for all to see to make me feel good about me.

It's a simple question

Yea i sure do. Actually no all the clothes i buy have tags which are applied via a sticker rather than a hanging tag. Then why did you buy the phone with the logo ? What is removing the logo going to do ? Nothing,its just like when you buy a car the brand is always plastered on it same thing goes for radios,shoes,etc.

Phone
    Sanyo RL2500
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    dude, all phones have the carrier logo on them. We are all well aware of this.

I don't want to be SprintPhoneMan, I just want to be me.

I just don't want to advertise for them, they aren't paying me to, why should I ?

I can't believe this has become a flame now. nice going

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

I just don't want to advertise for them, they aren't paying me to, why should I ?

Well "DUDE" it's quite simple. You try some stuff to get it off as none of us have had the need to try it and let us know how it goes Good Luck

Phones
    Blackberry 8330
    Treo 755p
    Sanyo M1
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What the hell is wrong with all of you (not you Batman)....he asked a simple question and you guys gave him grief. Why do you guys care what a guy wants to do to his phone? There have been posts about microwaving phones and what not yet people answer them fine. If it really irks you so much that he wants to remove a stupid logo then just don't reply. Some people like to customize their phone (look at nextel users) Plus, their cases they buy dont' have the nextel name on it anymore. U guys are really asses.

Anyway Batman....i have an 8100 and i dont' really see an easy way to remove it but good luck.
    Douggie B.

Carrier
    Feedback Score

I doubt anyone cares that your phone says sprint. So im assuming your tv,dvd,etc all have the logo pulled of off them ? I doubt your doing advertising for them and im sure they could care less.

Phones
    Sanyo VM4500/5500
    Motorola V60i
    Motorola StarTac 7797
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by KingOfBling
    I doubt anyone cares that your phone says sprint. So im assuming your tv,dvd,etc all have the logo pulled of off them ? I doubt your doing advertising for them and im sure they could care less.
    I doubt anyone cares that you have "bling." So I'm assuming that your teeth, nails, car, wheels, and windows are plated in gold? I doubt you're looking "phat" and I'm sure others could care less.

---------------------------------------------

THAT IS HOW STUPID Y'ALL SOUND WITH ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS. LEAVE THE GUY ALONE! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE OFF THE LOGO (I, too, messed with acetone and screwed up a few things when I was a child), SO I REFRAINED FROM COMMENTING. IT WOULD BE WISE FOR MOST OF Y'ALL TO DO THE SAME!

JT

Phone
    Sanyo SCP-8100
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I justed signed up but I think I am going to unsign looking at the retarded responses you get for simple questions.

Batman,

They are jackasses, nothing wrong with wanting to remove the logo, I thought about it too just because I thought it would give the phone a cleaner look. Things I consdered but em too afraid to scratch or blemishimg the phone (making the shole reason for removing the logo moot) are:

polishing wheel and compound

very very fine sandpaper (the stuff that feels like rubber)

steel wool

Oven cleaner

Like I said, I won't but if you do...lemme know how it came out.

Feedback Score

Removing....

A little HCl or H2SO4 might do the trick!!

Phones
    Sanyo VM4500/5500
    Motorola V60i
    Motorola StarTac 7797
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

A slight "technicality"...

Originally posted by IRONLUNG
    A little HCl or H2SO4 might do the trick!!
    If you're being a jerk....a LITTLE HCl or H2SO4 might do.

If you're really serious and trying to be helpful...you might mean DILUTE HCl or H2SO4 instead.

Just a clarification. Then again, it's probably the chem major coming out in me.

JT

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro
    Sanyo 7500 (former)
    Samsung Instinct (wife's)
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    The first thing I would try is a little bit of paint thinner, maybe just model paint thinner you get at the craft store to make a car or airplane? It appears the logo is pad-printed but the thinner might extend to getting rid of that. Working with thinner in the past, It usually doesn't do anything to the plastic. At my engineering place they do pad-printing, if I get a chance I will check to see what they use. Good luck Batman.
    Last edited by Skylinepilot; 01-11-2004 at 04:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast