Thread: Verizon is Selling the Thera Pocket PC Phone

Feedback Score

Verizon is Selling the Thera Pocket PC Phone

I'm so jealous. Verizon started selling the Thera Pocket PC Phone with high-speed data access. It sounds like Sprint is at least two months behind!

Could you buy a Verizon Thera and use it with your Sprint account?

Device(s)
    Samsung GSV, LG Volt, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    nope, sprint will not activate a phone not sold for use on their network.

Device(s)
    Any VZW phone I want
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Verizon is Selling the Thera Pocket PC Phone

Originally posted by groovi1
    I'm so jealous. Verizon started selling the Thera Pocket PC Phone with high-speed data access. It sounds like Sprint is at least two months behind!

Did you check the specs on this phone? 1.5 hours or talk time and 8 hours of stand by. All with an $800. price tag. Pretty worthless if you ask me.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    i dont think that up to 8 hours standby is true. however the battery life does suck. i know the standby time of over 8 hours because i left it on standby last night and i slept 10 hours and when i went to sleep the battery was at 51% and when i woke up it was at 38%. the verdict is still out to see if im gonna keep this nice phone.
    KG6HZZ
    http://www.mac.org

Device(s)
    Treo 600
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Re: Verizon is Selling the Thera Pocket PC Phone

Originally posted by groovi1

Apparently this phone will be available for Sprint later this year

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if this phone will replace the current I300 or this phone will sell in conjuction with the I300?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    okay i have this phone currentely being offered from verizon... please DO NOT GET IT. the battery life is as horrible as the specs say, except the standby is a little bit longer than 8 hours as stated on verizon's website. the only way to use this phone realistically is to carry an ac charger wherever you go. I estimate about 2 real hours of use with the backlight with the radio on in standby and about <1 hour in 1xrtt mode surfing the web, which is really slow from my experience, btw. excellent idea, but the technology is not quite there yet to make it a efficient medium for web browsing.. although getting email is useful since there isn't much data required in the send receive process. but, my blackberry 957 is much better than this in the email field since it is always on.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Verizon has a deal with Audiovox allowing them exclusive access to the phone for at least two months (or was it one month...) which is why sprint isn't selling it yet.

Not to mention that sprint hasn't launched their 1x anyways.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    In the short week or so I had the thera, I tried out the 1x network, apparentely it is slow.. I talked to the techs at verizon, they said currentely the Watcher program(the phone application) is buggy and isn't using the 1X as it should and isn't going at full potential speed. If you really wanna buy the Thera and don't mind the absolutely horrible horrible battery life, you should wait until the next iteration of the software comes out, or take it in to be flashed when the next version comes out.

Device(s)
    Any VZW phone I want
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by integlspwr
    Anyone know if this phone will replace the current I300 or this phone will sell in conjuction with the I300?
    Samsung will have the I-330. Sprint should have a few Palm phones in addition to the Thera by years end.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Apparently, the Thera isn't supposed to be sold in the Los Angeles market. Receptionwise as a phone, it gets far less signal than my v60c on a side by side comparison. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    did you notice too that the battery meter literally dips as you are looking at it?

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. It's pretty freaking bad. I guess I'll just sell it on eBay.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    woah, didn't you buy it from a verizon store? you can return it! provided that you meet the time requirements which is like 14 days or 30 days im not too sure myself since i returned that in like 4 days