Thread: Motorola Ultra Classic II

Phones
    Motorola W385
    Kyocera Phantom
    Motorola V265
    Feedback Score

Motorola Ultra Classic II

Is it possible to get one of these old anlog Motorola Ultra Classic II phones (brick style) to work on USC ?

If so.. can some one help me do this ?

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Nokia Lumia 521
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    i'm not sure...seeing how there are fewer compatibility issues and no locking on analog phones (and no digital features such as data to cause problems), it may be more likely to get one activated...perhaps someone else has actual experience or knowledge of this?

Keep the Faith,

Lance

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I talked to a dealer here in Ukiah the other day that I know, Mike, he sells USCC at his place, and he has had several people come in and complain that their 3 watt phones won't work in places that they used to, so it sounds like to me USCC is really cutting analog to the minimum required, at least here. With the rural and sometimes wilderness areas around here, that is kind of surprising, as many loggers and vineyard workers rely on them.

Phone
    Motorola VE20; Blackberry Tour 9630, Pearl 8120
    Carriers
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Only digital phones will be activated, and the newest technology available (talktracker excluded). There are currently no markets that will activate any AMPS phone. Also if its not a uscc branded phone we won't activate it on an existing AMPS account anyway.

Cheers.

Feedback Score
    not exactly true...when i smashed my display on my 8265, signal sent me a replacement...it apparently was uscc phone (never had any problems with any feature), but it had the generic "Digital" label on the faceplate that you sometimes see in ads for phones...and signal does sometimes make mistakes, i've seen them send cingular and att phones as replacements...which they promptly replace at no extra charge, of course...obvious my replacement 8265 wasn't "branded" at all, tho there may be other ways to tell...i don't deal in sales, and very rarely do activations (usually for agents having problems with their system)

Keep the Faith,

Lance

Phones
    Motorola W385
    Kyocera Phantom
    Motorola V265
    Feedback Score
    I am here in the Chicago area. I also heard that some of these old phones do not have to be activated through the providor. You simply program them through the keypad. Is this true ?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Every phone has to be "activated" or "registered" with the provider (unless you want it for 911 only) to be able to be used on their network, but you can "program" many phones manually using the keypad, without the need for an OTA (Over The Air) programming. All analog phones are/were done this way, and many digital phones still allow you to program them manually. I think you have program and activate mixed up, you "activate" a phone first with the network, then you either "OTA" the programming into the phone, or enter it manually using the keypad, hope this helps