Thread: Downloading to M55

Device(s)
    M55
    Feedback Score

Angry Downloading to M55

Hi,

I live in Toronto, Canada. ( I guess this might be important because of different systems, on different continents )
    Recently, I've got Siemens M55 and was all excited that I will finally be able to download my own ringers and pics etc.
    Wrong.
    I hooked it up with data cable to my computer ( XP on board ), downloaded from one European site Siemens Data Manager. Start that manager up and it's working fine, thank you, but when I download the JPG or MID or WAV file to my M55 and try to allocate it on the phone I get back that is "Incorrect format"!!!!

And all this should be user friendly, correct, so that anybody could just click it in...I think.

Please, advise

Thanks
    Maks

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wave format has to be 32kbps/4 bit/8khz/ima-adpcm. I haven't play with MID too much but try to limit yourself to the 16 tone since this is the phone limit.

I don't have a problem with JPG so I don't understand why you're getting an error. Maybe it's too big, I shrunk mine down to the 101x80 pixel screen limit.

Device(s)
    M55
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys, it somehow resolve itself with the little help of my friends. Yes, in regards to WAVs they have to be IMA ADPCM. I did try with ADPCM before but missed that other type that has IMA in front, go figure. I'm not even sure what these letters stand for, but, now, I don't care 'cause - it's working
    In regards to JPEGs the problem was in palette. I was trying to fit 32 mil picture into this poor phone and it couldn't do it. When the palette is 256 result becomes different.

Thanks a lot. It's working now only it's too silent. Even when I set it up on the maximum it is still - too silent. When I listed to AC/DC in my car I don't hear it anymore and I used to hear my NOKIA before, but that is another ball of wax...

Cheers
    Maks

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson z710i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I live in Toronto too. Where did you get your cable from?

Feedback Score
    What application did you use to convert your WAV files? I'm trying to convert a WAV to a WAV (you read it right - I just cant get the file to work so I guess I have to tone it down). Thanks.

Device(s)
    M55
    Feedback Score
    I bought it on Square One in Missisauga on the FIDO counter.
    Beware!!! It is expensive like a part for the space shuttle....

Cheers
    Maks

Device(s)
    M55
    Feedback Score
    I converted it with Windows Sound Recorder. It does have IMA ADPCM. Couldn't find it on so many more other places.

Cheers
    Maks