Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily horoscope text message: how do I cancel?

Feedback Score

Question Daily horoscope text message: how do I cancel?

I get a daily horoscope SMS at 8am everyday from +9900000. It's about "Pisces" which is not my sign. I did not sign up anything and it started on day one of my new activation. Is this from Rogers? Anyone has similar service? I want to stop this and replying "Unsubscribe" or "Cancel" via SMS to the originating number does not work.

Phones
    Iphone
    Nokia N95
    T28w
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    have you contacted rogers about this???
    obviously the person that had that number before you subscribed to this service... probably MSN... maybe contacting MSN would also help ...
    or maybe its a sign (no pun intended) from above?
    hahaha

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    BlackBerry 9700
    Blackberry 9000
    Carriers
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    hahaha

Where DO you sign up for something like this?...
    maybe I can get txt msgs of scores for leafs and raptor games!!

..also, thats a real nice way of gettin some one back...txt msg at like 4 a.m!!...lol.

Phones
    Iphone
    Nokia N95
    T28w
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DJDakoo
    ..also, thats a real nice way of gettin some one back...txt msg at like 4 a.m!!...lol.
    SMS services usually require a confirmation code entered that has been sent to the phone first... before anyone receives any alerts

Feedback Score
    Does anyone use MSN Mobile here? Is "+9900000" from them? I never signed up MSN Mobile but tried it tonight from your suggestions. Guess what? I do not see anything registered under my number... so there is nothing there for me to cancel.

I think I need to change my number... but I have a nice number xxx-x288 I hate to lose it.

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    BlackBerry 9700
    Blackberry 9000
    Carriers
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Originally posted by paf
    SMS services usually require a confirmation code entered that has been sent to the phone first... before anyone receives any alerts
    damn.....ahh well, back to the old "send a pcs message" @ rogers.com

Phones
    Ericsson T39
    Ericsson 300
    Nokia 8390
    Feedback Score

Re: Daily horoscope text message: how do I cancel?

Originally posted by MoreMiles
    I get a daily horoscope SMS at 8am everyday from +9900000. It's about "Pisces" which is not my sign. I did not sign up anything and it started on day one of my new activation. Is this from Rogers? Anyone has similar service? I want to stop this and replying "Unsubscribe" or "Cancel" via SMS to the originating number does not work.
    I am facing the same problem, getting a horoscope sms every morning around 8.30am from +9900000. I just got my cell # last week and I didn't subscribe to this horoscpe sms at all... It is not even my sign!!

I called Rogers, the CS can't help me at all.. asked me to go Rogers website and unsubscribe for any unsolidated sms.... that is not the solution to the current problem at all!!

For those who had successfully remove/unsubscribe this irritating sms, please share... thanks!!

Phones
    Nokia 6100
    Nokia 8390
    Nokia 8360
    Carrier
    Rogers At&t
    Feedback Score

Cancel the horoscope text

For those of you who wish to cancel the horoscope txt msg. Did u use put your cell # on the msn messenger for texting capability? If so then on your msn messenger window go to option --> phone --> mobile setting --> change msn alert (after signing in of course) then check your horoscope notification setting.

Phones
    8700r
    ROKR
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    +9900000 is MSN.

I have my MSN messenger set up so that people on my list can right click my name and send a message to my phone. The number that shows up is always +99000**.

Phones
    Ericsson T39
    Ericsson 300
    Nokia 8390
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!! I will contact msn to try to have my number remove from the list. Coz I have no way to delete/remove the alert myself as I was not the person who had added it in the first place. At least I know, those sms came from msn now...

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

By the way, those MSN alerts are not free... they are considered "premium service" at 50 cents or so each.

Phones
    Iphone
    Nokia N95
    T28w
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^ its 5 cents... not 50cents

Phones
    BB PEARL 8100
    K790a
    BB 8700r
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Mobilink
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Originally posted by DJDakoo
    hahaha

Where DO you sign up for something like this?...
    maybe I can get txt msgs of scores for leafs and raptor games!!

he didnt i guess its just a recycled number so thats abt it

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Unwanted messages from 9900000 - The Solution

I just had this problem with a new Fido Account. I was getting 2 or 3 SMS messages every day from 9900000 Fwd Hotmail charged at $0.05 each.

After a couple of happy hours talking to Fido customer service (and getting the charges reversed) I managed to get the information from a supervisor that the premium SMS messages were coming from MSN. I was then directed to the MSN support form on the web as she could not find any contact information for MSN internally at Fido.

I tried the MSN help form, and got an apology plus a request to fill in the help form at https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ile&ct=eformts .

I filled in this form with the relevant information, and got a reply from Teddy of Windows Live Mobile Technical Support apologizing and promising that the phone number had been disconnected from the account it was associated with and that the alerts would stop.

So far it's worked.

Hopefully this posting will help anybody else who has the same problem.

-- Mike --

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    My sister signed up for a joke of day via text message one time and she called Telus and they told her to reply with "STOP" and it worked. I'm not sure if this works all the time, but it worked in her particular situation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast