Samsung A950 (Verizon)
    Motorola V276 (Verizon - Pay As You Go)
    Nokia 3100 (Cingular)
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score

Red face "This is not our Adapter"

Audiovox CDM 8900 (Verizon)

Hi. Does anyone else have this problem? When ever I charge my phone, with the charger that came with it, it says "This is not our Adapter". It charges fine though. Does anyone know why it does that? It always gets in the way when I try texting, or anything else I try to do on the phone. Thanks.
    Last edited by pinkish; 02-09-2004 at 08:26 PM.

Phones
    Blackberry Tour
    LG VX8700
    Nokia 6265i
    Carriers
    Telus
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    you should get a voltmeter and test if it has 5 volts. maybe ur charger is like way off probaby 7volts or somethig which obviously means ur not using the rite charger. so i think probably a defective charger

forexample: my Moto C333 charger plug is the same as my 8900 but my 8900's is 5 volts and the moto is 12volts.

Phones
    UTStarcom-XV6800
    Audiovox 8900 (Retired)
    Siemens S46 (Retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon (Current)
    Feedback Score
    Mine dose the same thing..

Phone
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

"This is not our adapter"

Thanks for the right answer, darketernal!

I had the same problem. Although the specs on both the car charger and the AC adapter say 7.5 volts, the actual output voltage is apparently 5.0VDC, and anything more than this will cause the charging circuitry in the phone to display that message, and in my case, not charge at all!

I had forgotten my AC charger at work over the 3 day New Years weekend and my phone died. Normally in these emergency situations I would just bring in my car charger and charge my phone using alligator clips and my computer's power supply. But like an idiot Grrr! I accidently reversed polarity and burned out my car charger! So I went through several AC adapters - all rated at 7.5VDC or very close to it - none worked.

Finally I did a Google search and found DarkEternal's post and tried a 5.0DV AC adapter and I'll be dammned - it worked!

Thank you, DarkEternal, for your post!

DN

Phone
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Not my charger

Dunno if this is true or not.. But, would not doubt it...

I was told this error is because the 'oem' car chargers have a 'id' chip in them. If it really is a ID chip.. or just reguates the charge so you don't blow up the battery I don't know.. But I was told the phone looks for it..

Phone
    CDM8900
    Feedback Score
    Mine did that but it would not charge at all, even with my gf's same adapter, I bring it to verizon and they replaced it with a new phone. They said it was the thing that connects inside the phone, so they replaced the whole phone.

Phones
    Audiovox CDM8900
    Audiovox 9155-GPX
    Carrier
    Terrorizon
    Feedback Score
    So if I follow correctly, this one would not work as its (max?) output is 7.6V?

http://www.bargaincell.com/product.c...t_id=AUDCHA002

I'm looking for a replacement wall charger and I don't want to make the same mistake I made with the car charger (same "not our adapter" problem mentioned) That one actually charges but seemingly at 10% of the rate of my old OEM wall charger.

Phones
    Audiovox cdm8900
    samsung spha540
    Carriers
    Telus
    rogers
    Feedback Score

stupid charger

anyone got a fix for this i just got this phone off of ebay like 2 months ago an now it started saying this is not our adapter sometimes it will charge sometimes it wont then it says check charger! this is drivin me nuts i just wanna pick it up an toss it across the room

Phones
    Lg VX8100
    Lg VX6000(retired)
    S105(retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am a Verizon tech and i have seen this before as well. Take the phone to a Verizon tech. Its normally a bad charger or battery.
    Oh sir/mama yea that's a RTFM problem.

Phone
    Motorola V710
    Feedback Score
    It is the charging port. If you take you phone apart and look at the port mounted on the circuit board, you will see 2 pins on the back of the port soldered to the circuit board. One of those pins has a cracked solder joint. you might be able to see the crack in the solder if you look very hard. it is similar to the problems with the 8910 but it is nowhere near as bad. just take a soldering iron and reflow the solder joints. you can add a little extra solder if you want. Your problem should be solved. That has repaired 99% of this particular problem. If you don't feel comfortable taking apart your phone, take it to an authorized technician.

Phones
    Audiovox cdm8900
    samsung spha540
    Carriers
    Telus
    rogers
    Feedback Score

Phone port

Thanks Cellularpro. i tryed what u said. and infact i did see cracks in the solder. so i heated it up with the gun and now it works fine im amazed ty so much now i got anothe problem for someone to figure out when i try to go onto the web it sits there with >>>>>>>>>> flashing and a N comes up. up top and goes away it wont load anything i have never used the web on it today is the first day and it dont do anything if someone can help me i would be thankfull

Feedback Score
    Here it is 2013 & I am still pushing this old phone to its limits. I have ordered new batt & chg cords, both car and DC from Amazon, because of the charging problem "Not Our Adaptor". I did what you suggested with the soldering iron & now everything works great again.