Thread: The Number you are calling is Not Assigned

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score

The Number you are calling is Not Assigned

A friend of mine, who uses Bell, For the last year and a half, when I have tried to phone him, I would randomly get the message "The Number you are calling is Not Assigned" If I hang up, and call back a little bit later, it works. It's weird, like its totally random. It never happens from a landline though, and I know for a fact, that other Rogers customers who phone my friend, have experienced it too. Now, I phoned Rogers Technicians to tell them the situation, and the lady even prorammed a Rogers phone & Sim there in her office with my number and called from it to see what the problem was, but she couldnt duplicate it. (I want to thank her for atleast trying to solve the problem) I told my friend, who uses Bell to report it to his Service provider. Now what else can I do?

Thanks.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phones
    iphone
    bbbold
    -
    Carriers
    Rogers
    -
    Feedback Score
    not much. its a wierd network thing. they happen with anyone

Phone
    Blackberry 8520
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ironically Bell and Aliant are the only companies this happens with (It happens with Fido and Telus, but normally it's network lag or usage spikes in one area) on a frequent basis.
    Fun note too, is that in some Maritime regions, when you call out from your cellphone to a landline, Aliant doesn't allow the callerid to go through, so your phone comes up unknown.

Phones
    SE X10
    X10!!!
    3gs <u suk apple
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    could be random problem's with the interconnect, which are owned by bell so it stands to reason they would suck...

Phones
    Motorola V300
    RIM 7280
    Samsung X426
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If someone is calling you and gets that message it is usually a problem with your network profile and we need to reset it... extremely rare though... if you're getting it calling it out then it is a problem with the provider you are calling...it's always the receivers end that is the problem with # not assigned messages...

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    Nice, thanks for the help guys

Phones
    Iphone
    Nokia N95
    T28w
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by boink9999
    could be random problem's with the interconnect, which are owned by bell so it stands to reason they would suck...
    about the callerID not going through issue... yeah, for the people for who that happens to, they cant call the greco 310-3030 same for some of the analog phnes

Phones
    v3
    6230b - accidentally destroyed
    v551-backup
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    maybe it could be the no. falling off of one of the switches ?

Carriers
    Rogers
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    I've got the exact same problem with my buddy's Bell #. I just hang up and immediately try again, and 9 times out of 10 it goes through.

This happens with both my phone and my wife's phone (both rogers)