Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Echo

Carriers
    Korea (KT)
    Feedback Score

Verizon Echo

I have heard people complain about there being some sort of echo on VZ. I am thinking tha tmaybe this depends on the area. I never had that problem when I had VZ and my friends (who did not have VZ) did not complain of this either.

Did anyone else experience an echo when talking to other VZ customers?

Btw, I was in the Northeast when I had my phone and near to a major city. I do not know where these people were...maybe this problem is only in fringe areas?
    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." --Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Phones
    vx6900
    Samsung i760 previous
    8550/Q/Voyager previous
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have the echo problem intermittently. Usually it isn't so bad, but I have noticed that sometimes it is so bad, that I can't hear the other person over the echo.

I live in Santa Cruz, CA which could be considered a fringe area, but I also have this problem in San Jose which is defintely not a fringe area.

I did read a couple days ago on a post about someone suggesting to turn down the volume. So far I haven't had a chance to see if this makes a difference.

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I had it happen with several different phones here in Denver when talking to my wife on her VZW phone. It was regular enough to be annoying.

Phones
    Lumia 1020
    Lumia 1020
    Carrier
    AT&T USA
    Feedback Score
    when i had verizon wireless (Now with sprint pcs and love it) all it did was echo. it was awful and you could barely hear the other person. i live in the jacksonville area and everyone else i've talked to said it doesn't happen like it did on my phone. but it does. and people who have talked on my phone said its really bad. note: does it on both lines of service. i've tried other phones many times. and it never fixed problem.

michael.
    Call Me Bubbles Dahhhlin... Everyone Does! ||

Carriers
    Korea (KT)
    Feedback Score
    Oh wow.

Hopefully they will correct that problem. Maybe it was only with particular handsets? I had a Kyocera and a Nokia....the Nokia constantly seemed like it would hang up all the time for no reason. I found out that the problem was not on my end, but on my mom's horrible Samsung phone which drops calls all the time. We both have Sprint now, but my phone does not drop calls and hers does. In that case, it's not the network, but the phone....so maybe it's particular models that have this problem on VZ.

Phones
    Lumia 1020
    Lumia 1020
    Carrier
    AT&T USA
    Feedback Score
    lets see: on verizon wireless i had the following phones:

all of these phones echoed.

started out with lg vx4400
    then got lg vx6000
    then went back to lg vx4400
    then got v60i
    then got nokia 3589i (times 2 different units)
    then got lg vx4400
    then got samsung a530s.

all of these phones echoed.

it's not the phones. its verizon. and its not cdma (the network) because sprint never echos.

that's why i hate verizon. and they claim it doesn't. take it from me. it does.

Phones
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    I never have echoes here in Santa Cruz where I only use my Audiovox Thera, but I occasionally have echoes on my LG vx4400 when I’m in Phoenix.

Phones
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G
    HTC Droid Incredible 4G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also in Santa Cruz, I occasionally get the echoes with my v60i. Maybe once every 20 calls or so. My boyfriend says he gets it sometimes too, and he's on a vx6000.

Phones
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by tbonecopper
    . . . verizon. and they claim it doesn't. take it from me. it does.

On virtually every one of my dozens of calls to Verizon about network and tower problems they have denied that any problems existed. They always say that no other users are reporting the problem and they always blame my phone “*228 fixes all problems” :laughs: It’s pretty hard to believe them when you have *5* good working Verizon phones all showing no signal and you are standing one block from the tower you are reporting as being down.

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Phones
    LG VX4400B (Current Phone) Wish it would die, so I have reason to get a new phone.
    Motorola ST 7868W (Previous Phone) The only phone to ever die on me.
    One of the First Digital Nokias
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless (Current)
    Feedback Score
    Never had the echo problem in Chicago. I have heard it on my brothers AT&T but that was a few years ago, so things may have changed.

I have traveled with my phone in IN, MI, FL, MN, IL, and WI. I have never heard the problem their either.

From reading this board I feel for the people in San Fran, CA. It sounds like the hills play havoc on cell phone service.

Feedback Score
    I have been working at a retail store primarily on customer service end and I swear I think it is the biggest complaint with new customers. I thought I narrowed it down to the lg line but I guess you guess have proved me wrong. I get A LOT of 4400;s having that issue and it seems to only happen when it is verizon to verizon calls!

maybe someone can take it from there?

Phone
    Nokia 6340i
    Carrier
    Cingular Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is this a joke thread? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but someone named iGlenn with a Verizon avatar has posted this post verbatim in the Cingular, T-Mobile, SPCS, and ATT forums and just changed the company name to suit the forum.

Did he steal your post and then just put it in the different forums?

EDIT: The threads in the other forums have been deleted by an admin.
    Last edited by mobilegirl; 02-22-2004 at 01:44 AM.

Phones
    Sharp TM-150
    Sharp TM-150 (wife)
    Nokia 6610 (backup)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had a phone that echoed and it turned out to be it was bouncing off towers. I was out of town and it wasn't changing towers like it should've correctly. Resetting the NAM fixed it.
    -Kaosu

Phones
    HTC Amaze 4G
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Motorola Defy
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I think all services do this one time or another. I've had three different providers, Alltel had the most occurences of it for me can't count how many times, Verizon too. I have tmo now for 1 1/2 years. it's done it once.

Sprint, Never had it, never will!!!

Phones
    Kyocera 6035
    LG VX6000
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless (current),
    Feedback Score
    I have had Verizon for the past two years and had the echo problem only once, when dialing into a conference call number.

Afterwards, I was intriguided and tried to find the conference call provider. It was Verizon Communications (landline). But it has happened only once and afterwards it did not happen. It sure is not related to the area, but probably related to some swith or s/w settings.

-WK.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast