Thread: mobile to mobile calling for $10??

Device(s)
    Treo 700P on the BEST network
    Carrier(s)
    #1 Provider - TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

mobile to mobile calling for $10??

I've noticed something new under Apollo's Client Management tool.

Under the Feature Add/Remove section, there's a new option called "MOBILE TO MOBILE CALLING -- $10". Is this something similar MATCH IT FD MTM??

If so, what's the restriction for Telus' mobile-to-mobile calling? both ends must subscribe to this feature or else only the subscribed side is covered?

I don't even to bother calling Channel Care because first it's almost 10:00pm, and second most of them here in ONT knows nothing.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Dont promote it as Telus to Telus calling, it is the new price for incoming mobile, not sure why they changed the name. It means that if you have this feature your incoming calls from other TM clients are free. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS FIDO TO FIDO.

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    Also important to note, the mobile to mobile only works if you are in your local calling area, in other words if a Toronto user is in Vancouver (The Toronto user has the incoming mobile feature) and receives a call from his buddy in Vancouver who is on Telus Mobility via the 511 or roaming number, the call even though local and from another Telus Mobility subscriber will NOT be free.

I learned this the hard way on a trip to Kelowna.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by cgartly
    Also important to note, the mobile to mobile only works if you are in your local calling area, in other words if a Toronto user is in Vancouver (The Toronto user has the incoming mobile feature) and receives a call from his buddy in Vancouver who is on Telus Mobility via the 511 or roaming number, the call even though local and from another Telus Mobility subscriber will NOT be free.

I learned this the hard way on a trip to Kelowna.
    If you had not used the 511 or roaming number then the incoming airtime would have been free. The LD is still chargeable.

You don't have to be in your local calling area.
    TELUS Mobility
    the future is friendly

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    My point was that with the incoming mobile feature the way it used to be billed with BC Tel Mobility AND AGT Mobility, and with Telus Mobility (Both in AB and BC, prior to the Clearnet merger), incoming mobile did work in conjunction with the 511 roaming feature.

The other EXTREMELY annoying thing about the way incoming mobile is handled is that it used to appear on the bill as incoming mobile, so you could distinguish how you were being billed. The way the current billing system generates bills there is no way to tell which calls are incoming mobile and which are not, unless you go over your minutes and look at the chargeable minutes. This makes it almost impossible to tell if Telus is screwing up the bill.

Also for quite some time there were problems with the following scenerio.

1) Customer A has his outbound calller ID blocked, and phones customer B (who has the incoming mobile feature) by dialing *82 before Customer B's phone number so Customer B will know it is him. The billing system does not recognize this as an incoming mobile call and Customer B gets charged airtime..

Telus has manipulated the incoming mobile feature time and time again with NO notification whatsoever. This feature is definetely subject to change without notice.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Few points here , I agree with you cgartly about the way it used to show up on the bill. I wish it would show as a free call on the bill somewhere. Maybe changing the Period of the call to show up as IM or something, make it a little easier, cause most people do not know whether or not it is a TM phone or not.

Next point, Incoming Mobile has change significantly, I know it saves me a bundle every month, like probably 100-150 minutes per month. I dont think people realize how much it saves them , and I dont think people will find it attractive at 10$ a month. TM probably could have made more money if they had it at 5$ a month.

I probably dont make sense today, so I apologize in advance. Its getting late, and I am still working.

Originally posted by cgartly
    My point was that with the incoming mobile feature the way it used to be billed with BC Tel Mobility AND AGT Mobility, and with Telus Mobility (Both in AB and BC, prior to the Clearnet merger), incoming mobile did work in conjunction with the 511 roaming feature.

The other EXTREMELY annoying thing about the way incoming mobile is handled is that it used to appear on the bill as incoming mobile, so you could distinguish how you were being billed. The way the current billing system generates bills there is no way to tell which calls are incoming mobile and which are not, unless you go over your minutes and look at the chargeable minutes. This makes it almost impossible to tell if Telus is screwing up the bill.

Also for quite some time there were problems with the following scenerio.

1) Customer A has his outbound calller ID blocked, and phones customer B (who has the incoming mobile feature) by dialing *82 before Customer B's phone number so Customer B will know it is him. The billing system does not recognize this as an incoming mobile call and Customer B gets charged airtime..

Telus has manipulated the incoming mobile feature time and time again with NO notification whatsoever. This feature is definetely subject to change without notice.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score

Did you know...

... that incoming call-waiting calls from another TELUS Mobility subscriber are not considered "incoming mobile." Only non-call waiting calls can be considered "incoming mobile."

Anyhow, the confusion about incoming mobile is partly a function of the fact that it was a non-advertised feature available only in some markets, that lurked behind the scenes for so long, was never ××××××dly advertised (nor were its restrictions), and offered for free. The fact that it is now offered as a billable feature is just TELUS responding to the needs of people who relied on and saw great value in this feature. For most people, if it didn't save them $10/month, probably either didn't know about it or won't really care if it's gone.

The fact that the name of the feature has changed to something that somewhat does not clearly describe its benefits (mobile-to-mobile), tells me that there are changes in the way this feature is offered/positioned/priced.

Note: mobile-to-mobile is the same name (although SOC code is different) as the feature available to Pool 25, 40 and 100 plans, which offers Business BANs unlimited mobile-to-mobile calls within their account.

TMG
    The Future is Friendly.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Re: Did you know...

Originally posted by TELUSMobilityGuy
    The fact that the name of the feature has changed to something that somewhat does not clearly describe its benefits (mobile-to-mobile), tells me that there are changes in the way this feature is offered/positioned/priced.

Note: mobile-to-mobile is the same name (although SOC code is different) as the feature available to Pool 25, 40 and 100 plans, which offers Business BANs unlimited mobile-to-mobile calls within their account.

TMG
    I would have to say that I think TMG is on the right track. Ive heard rumblings, and they are only rumblings, that it might have something to unlimited calling between clients on the same account. I think a feature like that at 10$ a month would be a great thing for many people, especially business', to have.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Did you know...

Originally posted by sweetness
    I would have to say that I think TMG is on the right track. Ive heard rumblings, and they are only rumblings, that it might have something to unlimited calling between clients on the same account. I think a feature like that at 10$ a month would be a great thing for many people, especially business', to have.
    Not necessarily just between people on the same account...

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    In the Telus-To-Telus 20 Vancouver plan the feature is called "Mobile-To-Mobile". Surely if the name "Incoming Mobile" has changed to "Mobile-To-Mobile" there is some implication here that the feature will work both ways. If not now, soon.

Otherwise it's very poorly worded and should be fixed.