Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody taken AMB driving school before?

Device(s)
    Motorola C333, T720g | Nokia 8390, 6590i, 6100
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Anybody taken AMB driving school before?

Has anyone taken AMB driving school before? If so, what are your opinions on it? I am planning to take the march break 4 day course for $308 but would like to get some opinions from people who had lessons from them before

Thx

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Re: Anybody taken AMB driving school before?

Originally posted by Roots!~!~!
    Has anyone taken AMB driving school before? If so, what are your opinions on it? I am planning to take the march break 4 day course for $308 but would like to get some opinions from people who had lessons from them before

Thx
    are you talking about the driving school that'll give you an insurance certificate? if so...308$ is pretty good. my school offer it for 405$.
    Ryan - My Feedback

my flickr

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Here's my spin on driving schools: they're only good for the certificate you get at the end. Unless you suck at driving and really do need the instruction, you won't learn anything new nor useful at these things.

Sure, sure, there will be some who forked out lots and tell you that Young Drivers of Canada taught them special maneuvers, but honestly, in an pre-accident situation most people just freak and it happens anyways.

You might want to bring along a book or perhaps a GameBoy Advance SP, because those 4 days of March Break are going to be uber boring. Hopefully your class has some cute girls and you can chat them up.

When you're ready for some REAL driver training, click here.

Feedback Score

I want to do that, but I'm waiting for my new M5 to arrive.

Actually, I'm also wanting to go to a motorcycle school... haven't decided on which one yet.

Originally posted by SuperCM
    When you're ready for some REAL driver training, click here.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SuperCM

You might want to bring along a book or perhaps a GameBoy Advance SP, because those 4 days of March Break are going to be uber boring.
    ...Or a gun. I did the 4 days in a row as well back in the day. It was the worst 4 days of my life...

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by AlleyCat
    ...Or a gun. I did the 4 days in a row as well back in the day. It was the worst 4 days of my life...
    What?! No way... If you were in my class I would have kept you company.

Feedback Score
    LOL...but I even took the class with 2 friends and even that didn't make it any better because the class was so small that we couldn't talk or anything otherwise Karl would yell.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i did driving school for the discount i get for my insurance. i finished the in car in about 1.5 weeks but the in class took me 6 months.....i got my g2 before i finished all my in class lessons. it was only an hour every tues/thurs for an hour but couldnt stand them.

but as for amb i havent tried them i'm sure they are the same as anyother chung wangs drivers ed. if you're doing it for the discount on you insurance, the only place that will get you full disounts is yd and caa i think.

The Beaver Fever, Catch It!!

B/S/T Stuff

WTB: Nexus One

Email = [UserName]@gmail.com

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    LOL...but I even took the class with 2 friends and even that didn't make it any better because the class was so small that we couldn't talk or anything otherwise Karl would yell.
    Ha ha... My driving school was the best. I signed up for the Sunday courses, which was once a week and had less enrollment; we're talking 4 people and that's including me.

Anyways, he had a pinball machine in the corner that we'd play on during break and if we were on a streak, he'd wait until we died before starting up the lessons again.

It was also super cheap, I think I paid ~$300 for it. Heh... One thing I remember from the in-car lessons with him was driving along this country road one day and this bird flies across my path and bounces off the hood. I look in the rear-view mirror and there's this GMC minivan (you know, those ugly ones) following me. I see this white thing drop into view and sort of bounce towards the GMC's wheel and then all these white feathers burst out from under. The instructor asks, "what was that?!" and I just shrugged looking as surprised as he was.

Feedback Score
    Poor bird...

Here's an in-car story. This was the lesson where I had to learn how to do an emergency stop. We drive out into the middle of farm country, practice the emergency stop and all is well. I thought it was time to go home, but Hew (yeah, that was his name) told me to drive even further into the middle of nowhere and I thought he was going to kill me or something. We end up at some farm and he tells me to stop the car. He gets out and comes back with a bag filled with tomatos and beans. So yeah, he just went grocery shopping during my lesson. He ate the raw beans all the way home. He offered me one but I declined.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    We end up at some farm and he tells me to stop the car. He gets out and comes back with a bag filled with tomatos and beans. So yeah, he just went grocery shopping during my lesson. He ate the raw beans all the way home. He offered me one but I declined.
    Ha ha... Yeah, I think all driving instructors do that - run their errands while teaching you. I remember once he missed lunch and was hungry so he told me to go through a Drive-Thru.

Feedback Score
    Haha...did he try to play it off as a "lesson"? One day he told me to get gas. I thought he was just being lazy but it turned out that it was part of the lesson.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Haha...did he try to play it off as a "lesson"? One day he told me to get gas. I thought he was just being lazy but it turned out that it was part of the lesson.
    Ha ha, maybe it should have been. I mean, neither my mother nor my sisters know how to self-serve gas. Actually, I'm not even sure if my sisters would know what to do at a full-serve station.

I remember my very first in-car lesson. My parents never bothered to try and teach me driving, so I never had any experience whatsoever before this. So he asks me if I've ever driven before and I told him no.

We start driving and he just directs me all the way into the downtown core during rush hour. I handled it and all, but I was kind of surprised he'd have enough confidence in me to pull that off. And the first time I went highway driving, freaking had to merge with this transport truck roaring right beside me - now that was kinda scary.

Feedback Score
    My mother has never touched a gas pump herself in her life. I told myself many moons ago that I'd never be like that....

Prior to my first lesson, I had never driven either. I liked to complain about that at the time, but looking back now, it was probably better because I was able to start fresh with a real instructor than my dad who would frustrate me to no end when he tried to impart his driving wisdom onto me.

Device(s)
    Motorola C333, T720g | Nokia 8390, 6590i, 6100
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ... many interesting driving lesson stories

Well, I am only taking the course to reduce my 12 month period to 8 months and for the discount on insurance if there is any And yea, it's going to be 4 boring...... days. will be just like going to school

Anyways, thx for the replies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast