Thread: Telus Hardware Upgrade Program

Carrier
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score

Telus Hardware Upgrade Program

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere before, but I did a search and didin't come up with anything...

BUT, i've been with telus for almost two years now (2 years as of May 3 or 4th, i think) despite them having made some crazy billing errors with me in the past... i remember last posting here when telus did not activate the unlimited weekend feature on my plan, so they were billing me $400 or something lol

i originally signed a one year contract, that expired last May, but i've kept with them since, and i think i've been late on a couple payments... max of 3 or 4, but i doubt it

my monthly plan comes out to be around $37-$40 a month, so i was wondering what kinda hardware upgrade credits i am eligible for?

thanks
    Last edited by fevernova; 03-23-2004 at 10:48 PM.

Phone
    Samsung D900
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hm.. thats a very good question, because I know rogers offers Hardware up grade, but I don't know if Telus is the same? Anyone know I'd like to upgrade my phone as well, beacuse my plan is up soon.

Phones
    Samsung U510,
    SE K310i (GSM Backup)
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    A dealer should be able to let you know... that's how they tried to get me to renew when I was considering my options.

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: Telus Hardware Upgrade Program

Originally posted by fevernova
    Sorry if this has been posted somewhere before, but I did a search and didin't come up with anything...

BUT, i've been with telus for almost two years now (2 years as of May 3 or 4th, i think) despite them having made some crazy billing errors with me in the past... i remember last posting here when telus did not activate the unlimited weekend feature on my plan, so they were billing me $400 or something lol

i originally signed a one year contract, that expired last May, but i've kept with them since, and i think i've been late on a couple payments... max of 3 or 4, but i doubt it

my monthly plan comes out to be around $37-$40 a month, so i was wondering what kinda hardware upgrade credits i am eligible for?

thanks
    The absolute best and only certain way to find out is to either visit a TELUS store or call client care. You can always purchase a phone at the no contract price any time you want, but you may also be eligable for some further discounts if you choose to sign a contract.
    TELUS Mobility
    the future is friendly

Carrier
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just got off the phone with a client care rep...

and basically what she told me is that if i go to a telus store and buy a new phone, i can get $50 off per year (2 year contract = $100 off, 3 year = $150 off) on a hardware upgrade...

so i'm confused now.
    isn't what the client care rep said, just basically the same thing as signing up for a new contract, and just getting a new phone? if so, would this be available to ANYBODY who signs a new contract with telus? it's certainly not some sort of customer reward type incentive then.

Phone
    i830 ( Got it, Loving it )
    Carrier
    TELUS MIKE
    Feedback Score

and basically what she told me is that if i go to a telus store and buy a new phone, i can get $50 off per year (2 year contract = $100 off, 3 year = $150 off) on a hardware upgrade...

so i'm confused now.
    isn't what the client care rep said, just basically the same thing as signing up for a new contract, and just getting a new phone? if so, would this be available to ANYBODY who signs a new contract with telus? it's certainly not some sort of customer reward type incentive then.

Well the renewal program allows you to keep your existing rate ( Unless you have an ooooold rate that has expired )... so if you have a per second rate with the EW from 6 ... Caller Id included ... and so on ... you get to renew that while a new client gets the present rates.

Your offer happens to be 50.00$ per year, that's based on your monthly average... the maximum offer is 100.00$ per year = 300.00$ on 36 mths renewals.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Motorola V3C (Retired)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 (Retired)
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    my buddy was in the same situation, except they gave him a dif deal......instead it was 150 200 or 250 off a new phone

so it was a better deal than any new customer can get, but I know that some ppl can get even higher than that....telus bases it on what kinda of usage client you are i believe...

Carrier
    Aliant/Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

so i'm confused now.

Well let's see, your only with Telus for 1 year and 10 months, so u are still a fairly new customer. If your with them for 5-6 years, then they might up the rewards for resigning.

Phone
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I've seen clients who have been with Telus for 5-6 years and still get the same offer as $50 for 1 yr, $100 for 2 yr, $150 for 3yr. At the same time other clients who have been with Telus for 3 years I've seen get $400! on 3-yr. When I inquire as to how much they spend per month, the client with the higher discount spends $300 a month on their bill. In other cases you might only be elgible for $150 ONLY if you sign a 3-yr, no discount on 1 or 2 yr. It definitely depends on how much you spend on your bill, why would they treat a client who spends less on their bill equal to a client who spends more in terms of giving a discount. The more business you do with the company the bigger the discount you will get, up to a maximum of course. It is all relative to, the same client who get $400 off complains why they weren't elgible for more as well.

Phones
    Samsung U510,
    SE K310i (GSM Backup)
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Fuddi
    I've seen clients who have been with Telus for 5-6 years and still get the same offer as $50 for 1 yr, $100 for 2 yr, $150 for 3yr. At the same time other clients who have been with Telus for 3 years I've seen get $400! on 3-yr. When I inquire as to how much they spend per month, the client with the higher discount spends $300 a month on their bill. In other cases you might only be elgible for $150 ONLY if you sign a 3-yr, no discount on 1 or 2 yr. It definitely depends on how much you spend on your bill, why would they treat a client who spends less on their bill equal to a client who spends more in terms of giving a discount. The more business you do with the company the bigger the discount you will get, up to a maximum of course. It is all relative to, the same client who get $400 off complains why they weren't elgible for more as well.
    $400?!? Wow!

What does someone like that get on lesser terms?

Phones
    Blackberry 9630
    HTC Hero
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The amount of a renewal bonus for hardware is in direct relation with how much money you spend on your bill each month. Very rarely does tenure have an effect on the size of the discount.