Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Something Big Is Going To Happen This Summer!

Phones
    Samsung A530
    Moto V400, V600, V551, V3
    Seimens S56, A56i
    Carriers
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by urboyJ
    Pick Alltel please pick ALLTEL, I've heard they have the best books in the business.
    Phones...we want phones...I go to the library for books, they have the best in teh business.

"The land of the free, because of the brave"

MY Geek Toy She does a little better then 10mpg...about 17!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by joestedman

I don't think it would be a acquisition. After the Martha Stewart trail who would even risk talking about anything that could be taken as a stock tip.
    it's okay for them to bring it up as long as the company who we are looking to aquire is not released. if no one knows who it is besides the higher up who are making the deicsion then there is nothing to worry about. as a matter of fact i was told we ARE going to have an aquisition. as to who, they wouldn't tell me. we can all guess but no one really knows until it's all said and done.

Feedback Score
    No, in fact they cannot say "hey, we are having an acquisition."

Sorry.

Phone
    Any VZW phone I want
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: EV-DO where?

Originally posted by FAUguy
    Not yet. The first phones that can send Vid Clips are just 15 second clips
    at VGA quality. So the file size will not be large.
    I'm not sure what the frames-pre-second are on the CDM9900.

If you have Megapixel phones that can send Megapixel Vid Clip,
    then EVDO will send the files much faster.

I have sources that state VZW will have EV-DO in only 7 cities by years end and VZW's EV-DO network only improves the download speeds, upload is still maxed at 144kbps, same as 1xrtt.

Having a megpixel cam phone and sending pics/vids won't be any faster for VZW on their DO network then it would be on their 1x network.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by markrogo
    No, in fact they cannot say "hey, we are having an acquisition."

Sorry.
    that's fine keep on thinking what you want. i was there and and i have 15 other witnesses from this region. you are more than welcome to call to our store location and ask those who were at the meeting if it was told to us that there would be an aquisition. 540-776-7760, just make sure they aren't busy before you start wasting their time.

Phone
    LG Vx6000
    Feedback Score
    from everything i've gathered in the lg forum and numerous other forums, the vx7000 should be here late this month to next month, the vx8000 should make regional releases by summers end in order to accompany the evdo rollout set to begin at that time. Could be wrong, but I'd rather have the 8000 than earlier n/w, and above all else, what about a bluetooth enabled phone, lol

Phone
    Any VZW phone I want
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: EV-DO where?

Not yet. The first phones that can send Vid Clips are just 15 second clips
    at VGA quality. So the file size will not be large.
    I'm not sure what the frames-pre-second are on the CDM9900.

If you have Megapixel phones that can send Megapixel Vid Clip,
    then EVDO will send the files much faster.

I have sources that state VZW will have EV-DO in only 7 cities by years end and VZW's EV-DO network only improves the download speeds, upload is still maxed at 144kbps, same as 1xrtt.

Having a megpixel cam phone and sending pics/vids won't be any faster for VZW on their DO network then it would be on their 1x network.

Phones
    E815
    V60s (backup)
    V60
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Big News

Could it be that Verizon will be added to the DJIA (Dow Jones Industrial Average) This will happen later this month......knocking out AT&T

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: EV-DO where?

Originally posted by howensby

That would compleatly su*k if the upload speed did not increase
    as well. It would be the same type of concept the Cable COs use
    for cable modem service, 1.5-3Mbp download and 256-512Kbp upload. Except the 1X is only at 144Kbs max burst.

PS: You do not need to post your same message twice.

Feedback Score
    The 9900 and VX7000 will send VGA video clips. While the V710
    and XV8000 will send megapixel video clips.
    Not true. You're confusing still and video resolution.

The 9900, VX7000, V710, VX-8000, and most other video-clip phones capture video at QCIF resolution - MUCH smaller than VGA and WAY, WAY smaller than megapixel. Christ - megapixel video would be HDTV!! If the cheapest HDTV (real) camcorder is $3000, then I think it's a safe bet that you're not going to see that technology in a phone for quite a while!

The ONLY phone I've ever seen that can do VGA video is the upcoming Motorola E680 Linux phone.

Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: Re: EV-DO where?

That would compleatly su*k if the upload speed did not increase
    as well. It would be the same type of concept the Cable COs use
    for cable modem service, 1.5-3Mbp download and 256-512Kbp upload. Except the 1X is only at 144Kbs max burst....
    Unfortunately, it's true. EV-DO and EV-DV release C are all about download speed, not upload.

Upload speeds don't increase until EV-DV release D.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by cellularsales
    that's fine keep on thinking what you want. i was there and and i have 15 other witnesses from this region. you are more than welcome to call to our store location and ask those who were at the meeting if it was told to us that there would be an aquisition. 540-776-7760, just make sure they aren't busy before you start wasting their time.
    You need to call corporate and have all those people fired.

They cannot do what they did. If they are at all in the loop and there is something pending, they've now widely disseminated insider information.

In this day and age, that leads to prosecution -- even if on related crimes only -- and prison.

It would set a very, very good example for Verizon to fire each and every one of those people and have all remaining employees sign a form that says:

(a) We will not trade any cellular stocks while an employee of Verizon

(b) We will not share any information about any pending or hypothetical acquisitions for Verizon with anyone we know because given the limited number of competitors in the field, the mere sharing of such information could constitute insider information and be used for illegal stock trading.

If I were you, I'd be a whistleblower. When this all comes out, it's going to be apparent someone traded the stock and people will be prosecuted.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by markrogo
    You need to call corporate and have all those people fired.

They cannot do what they did. If they are at all in the loop and there is something pending, they've now widely disseminated insider information.

In this day and age, that leads to prosecution -- even if on related crimes only -- and prison.

It would set a very, very good example for Verizon to fire each and every one of those people and have all remaining employees sign a form that says:

(a) We will not trade any cellular stocks while an employee of Verizon

(b) We will not share any information about any pending or hypothetical acquisitions for Verizon with anyone we know because given the limited number of competitors in the field, the mere sharing of such information could constitute insider information and be used for illegal stock trading.

If I were you, I'd be a whistleblower. When this all comes out, it's going to be apparent someone traded the stock and people will be prosecuted.
    we were also told this last year before another aquisition and they also even told us what company it was (Shentel). no one got fired and the aquisition still happened.

i like having information like this, do i use it to buy up stock and use it as insider information? nope. hell anyone could buy up stock on a company that had rumors of an aquisition. it would only become bad when they find out what company we are planning to take over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3