Phones
    IPhone 5
    Verizon/Motorola W755
    AT&T Blackberry Bold 9700 for work
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Colorado Springs coverage..Verizon vs Sprint, Tmobile, ATT

Has anyone had any experience using Verizon in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas? How does it compare to ATT, Sprint PCS, and TMobile?

Thanks

Jason

Phones
    Bionic, Thunderbolt, iPhone4, Droid X, Incredible, Droid, Devour, Omnia II, Tour, Storm, Curve,
    Pearl, Touch, Q9m, Dare, Voyager,
    Chocolate, Flipshot, Juke, Mobi, Alias, Boulder, Razr, 2128i, VX7000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Colorado Springs coverage..Verizon vs Sprint, Tmobile, ATT

Originally posted by jtludwig
    Has anyone had any experience using Verizon in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas? How does it compare to ATT, Sprint PCS, and TMobile?

Thanks

Jason
    I live in Aurora, and ride all over Colorado on my motorcycle, and my experience comparing Verizon to Sprint is that Verizon kicks butt everywhere in this state. Can't tell you about ATT or TMobile though. I switched from Sprint to Verizon about 3 years ago for that very reason.

Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Colorado Springs coverage..Verizon vs Sprint, Tmobile, ATT

Originally posted by jtludwig
    Has anyone had any experience using Verizon in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas?
    Jason, Yes, Verizon has the least number of dead zones in Colorado. And they continue to improve their coverage. Last year they built a site in a fake silo on Hwy 83 north of Black Forest to fix a poor area. Sprint PCS shares space in the same silo.

AT&T/TDMA is also a good choice, but they treat you like a 2nd-class citizen because they want you only on their new GSM network, which the is the poorest among these choices. This network is growing quickly, but not to the point that it's as good as the others.

T-Mobile is very good in town and along I-25, but you can't travel far with it. On the plains and in the mountains there is little coverage. Cellular One will begin to allow T-Mobile to roam on their towers, but it may be some time before that happens in most rural areas of the state.

If you travel up Highway 24, Verizon is the only carrier that will offer uninterrupted service, even through Breckenridge. The only area where you will have trouble with Verizon is in western Elbert County, and even there you will have service from another carrier, it just won't be Verizon.

Sprint PCS is also a good choice, however once you travel south of Rye, west of Woodland Park or east of COS, you'll be roaming on Verizon. But Sprint is clearly superior if you want coverage in that same area of western Elbert County like Elizabeth and Kiowa.

-Bill
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming