Thread: what does a red flashing light mean?

Feedback Score

Question what does a red flashing light mean?

I've had my LG vx6000 for a few months now, but all of a sudden there's a red blinking light that blinks every few seconds. Anyone know why?
    I accidentally set it to manner mode a few days ago (I still don't know what manner mode is) but then I set it back to normal mode. That's when the blinking started. Could this have anything to do with it?
    Any ideas, tips, suggestions, feedback, etc, much appreciated!

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX6000 (retired)
    LG VX1 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ...all of a sudden there's a red blinking light that blinks every few seconds. Anyone know why?...
    According to the manual it means you have a message. See page 65 of your owners manual.

"...I still don't know what manner mode is..."
    Manner mode sets the ringer to vibrate and turns the key tones off (pg 32 of your manual).

In the future, before you post, RTFM....

-Raider81

Phone
    PPC-6700
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    or that the status light setting is turned to "ON"

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Raider81
    ...all of a sudden there's a red blinking light that blinks every few seconds. Anyone know why?...
    According to the manual it means you have a message. See page 65 of your owners manual.

In the future, before you post, RTFM....

-Raider81
    I lost the manual, hence my asking. And I don't have a message, it's the first thing I checked.

Phone
    LG VX10000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jmr2c
    I lost the manual, hence my asking. And I don't have a message, it's the first thing I checked.
    Manuals are available for download at the LG site and many other places. I would suggest you download a copy of the manual for future references.
    Diver

Phones
    Motorola V3m
    Motorola KRZR
    UTStarcom/Audiovox 6700
    Carrier
    Appalchian Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hit "Menu"
    Hit "Settings" (option 9)
    Select option 2, "Display"
    Select option 10, "Status Light"
    If it says on, that is why it is there, if you don't want it, turn it off.
    This correcspnds to the blinking red light when the phone is closed, I think is what you mean.

Phones
    Moto Droid Razr Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy Note III
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

lg

he was just asking for some help. their is no reason to get smart with him.

Phones
    a lot
    6265i
    nokia 8860
    Carrier
    none
    Feedback Score
    I was going to put RTFM too. Its not a very good excuse to say you lost it since most people read it the day they get the phone . Just imagine if this whole board turned into a bunch of easy questions that are in the manual. Like how do i add a contact or take a picture.
    But even with no book the logical reason you have the"status" light is : So you can tell the phone is on, since the time dims after a few minutes a person could have a dead battery and have no clue why they are missing calls.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Mainevent41, that did it! I must have turned it on by accident somehow, it was never on before.
    Anywho, thanks again!

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    why doesn't everyone in this thread just relax!

instead of 3 people complaining that he should read or download the manual, one of which has over 200 posts and should be able to answer his question, how about 1 person actually answer his question correctly and advise how he could ge a manual for further reference!

and Raider81, if you RTFM yourself, than you should have been able to provide the correct answer. instead, you quoted a page out of the manual and you were well, WRONG. in the process making yourself look like a stuid ××× that should have "RTFM" yourself!

Phones
    Moto Droid Razr Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy Note III
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Smile relax

i say amen to that.

jerry

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX6000 (retired)
    LG VX1 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    and Raider81, if you RTFM yourself, than you should have been able to provide the correct answer. instead, you quoted a page out of the manual and you were well, WRONG. in the process making yourself look like a stuid ××× that should have "RTFM" yourself!

My bad... However, in my defense, the answer I gave him WAS a possibility as he never stated he had checked for messages. Also, my main reason for the RTFM comment was more in regards to his not knowing what manner mode was...

-Raider81